SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
I seldom if ever post these types of threads but I really want to share this.

Gloves, for the majority of golfers its what keeps us connected to the club, kinda the tires of the golfing world. Just like tires we look for the ones that offer the best performance and last the longest. I don't get a lot of mileage out of my golf gloves, especially now that summer has arrived here in the land of humidity. I go through gloves like some people do Perkins waitresses, this has gotten both expensive and frustrating recently as I have been working hard on becoming a better player. This morning I was working on my hybrid swing and noticed I had worn through the palm of my glove. I always wear a hole in this same spot on every glove I purchase. This particular glove was only worn for about a week before it went to the great hand in the sky. Enter emotions of anger and despair.

After finishing up my practice session I made a bee-line for the nearest golf store to find a glove for my afternoon round. There are a ton of choices when it comes to gloves, ones made of premium materials, some made to help arthritic golfers, and some with hi-tech materials meant to offer increased moisture wicking. After what felt like an eternity of trying on gloves and most likely being watched by every security monitor in the store I went with a Spyder2 by footjoy and made my way to the course for an afternoon round.

Mother nature decided to show up and gave me about an hour delay, so off to pro-shop I went. A bored golfer and pro-shop credit is the devils workshop. I noticed a new glove in a rack by the handicap postings, HJ Flexion. It has a lycra/spandex material on the back of the hand and down the tops of the fingers. However the moment of sheer bliss came when I looked at the palm, a reinforced section in the heel area. For a moment I though I heard angels singing but that just the rain pounding on the roof.

After trying on a few different sizes to find the right fit I bought two of them to try out this afternoon. Once the rain stopped I was off to the course with my new found gloves in tow. I must say I am really impressed with this one so far. As anyone in a southern state knows, after a summer rain when the sun comes out it gets ridiculously hot and humid. Not once did I find my hands sweating or even mildly warm. The Flexion offered ample traction on the grip and most importantly, even with the extra material on the palm feel was not sacrificed at all.

If you are in the market for a new glove I think this one may be worth a try.

http://www.hjglove.com/index.html

aefe61f0-b158-8dd1.jpg

aefe61f0-b1a1-231c.jpg

aefe61f0-b1c1-ab40.jpg

Edit to correct link and photos

--
tapatalk

Really enjoyed reading that SW! I've never seen those before. I've got to show you the glove my buddy brought from Bangkok, I used one for an entire Summer.

A guy I played with a year or so loaned me an HJ glove for the round. Ever since that round I have used no other brand. Great glove, will last me a while.

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha.
I think a name change is more than necessary.

What's next? The bj mouthguard?

interesting. Have to check this one out.

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha.
I think a name change is more than necessary.

What's next? The bj dental dam?

Lmao, that's what caught my eye initially too. It was a wtf moment for sure. Amazing glove though so far.

Biggsy I need to give that guy some cash next time he goes over, between the glove and the Mizuno shirt you two were talking about my want list is growing.

--
tapatalk

Great write up SW, thanks for sharing.

Good to know and thanks for the review! We carry the standard HJ Gripper Glove, but will order some of these after reading this review. PM me if you're interested in ordering.

Lmao, that's what caught my eye initially too. It was a wtf moment for sure. Amazing glove though so far.

Biggsy I need to give that guy some cash next time he goes over, between the glove and the Mizuno shirt you two were talking about my want list is growing.

--
tapatalk
He's going soon, I'll talk with you about it.

I have one in my car that is Right Handed and a small, completely useless. It's also in Thai, so I can't read anything on it. I'll get some more info on it and see if it can be ordered.

Nice write up. I have a big problem with gripping a club, because most gloves get slippery when I sweat in them. Definitely looking into one of these now.

I was looking at the site, and I don't see a Flexion listed, or anything that really looks like the pictures you posted. I did notice that they sell larger sizes XXL & even a XXXL, which means I could give them a try.

thanks for the review SW, looks interesting, wonder if it can top the Hirzl trust control

Thanks for the headsup. I've never heard of these, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

I was looking at the site, and I don't see a Flexion listed, or anything that really looks like the pictures you posted. I did notice that they sell larger sizes XXL & even a XXXL, which means I could give them a try.

I noticed that as well, hopefully the Flexion isn't an old discontinued version. There are a couple that are pretty close including the palm portion. I'm trying to check blind9 and golf4her now to see what versions they carry.

--
tapatalk

Thanks for the headsup. I've never heard of these, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

Been around for a while, when I first saw them, I assumed them were made by Footjoy, due to the similar logo, and figured it was "Hand Joy."

Back