Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious- for those that don't "have a dog in the fight", so to speak, who do you think will win #1 LSU at #2 Alabama?

Honestly, I have no clue. I could see it going either way. LSU has been tested on the road, and has played a more difficult schedule. The defenses are similar, Bama has the bigger linebackers, LSU has an amazing secondary. Both D Lines are absolute wrecking crews.

Whichever team limits mistakes and doesnt turn the ball over will win.

Play somebody. Eastern Utah School of the Blind Little Sisters doesn't cut it.
Funny thing is, go pull up Boise's SOS thus far...it's right up there with the rest of 'em in the top 10.

Funny thing is, go pull up Boise's SOS thus far...it's right up there with the rest of 'em in the top 10.

I am seeing it at #35.

Gotta call BS on this one....there's just no way Boise's SOS is better than ANY team in the SEC!

Just curious- for those that don't "have a dog in the fight", so to speak, who do you think will win #1 LSU at #2 Alabama?
This one is going to be close....Gotta agree that the least mistakes wins...

This one is going to be close....Gotta agree that the least mistakes wins...

Agreed.

Can't wait to see what each coach has up their sleeves as far as "trick plays" go. Remember the last time they met??

Hogs - 61
Bama - 39
Stanford - 53
Oregon - 45
South Carolina - 33

Not defending them, just saying their piece of crap schedule is right there with the rest of 'em!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

Well those numbers don't lie so you got me there. Boise St. has played one ranked opponent on the year and that was their first game at Georgia who was at #19 at the time. GA is nowhere near that now as we can see.
But as long as they keep playing Toldeo, Tulsa, Fresno St., UNLV, and those caliber opponents they will never get any respect from me or the poll makers.

Hogs - 61
Bama - 39
Stanford - 53
Oregon - 45
South Carolina - 33

Not defending them, just saying their piece of crap schedule is right there with the rest of 'em!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

No clue how games against; Georgia, Toledo, Tulse, Nevada, Fresno State, Colorado State, Air Force, UNLV, TCU SDSU, Wyoming and New Mexico can be considered a top 10 schedule.

No clue how games against; Georgia, Toledo, Tulse, Nevada, Fresno State, Colorado State, Air Force, UNLV, TCU SDSU, Wyoming and New Mexico can be considered a top 10 schedule.

You just said exactly what I was thinking as well. But the Sagarin ratings state differently...

Agreed.

Can't wait to see what each coach has up their sleeves as far as "trick plays" go. Remember the last time they met??

This one??

[YOUTUBE]hp32e63tlhs[/YOUTUBE]

I thought we were talking about when Les ate grass. That was funny.

Especially when the Hogs, Bama, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida all play in the same conference.
By seasons end, Arkansas will have played all of those except Florida and also had the come from behind win against Tex A&M. How can that not be a more difficult schedule than Boise?
Don't get me wrong, I think it sucks for Boise that they get hosed in the BCS each year, but some of the SOS rankings are a reach at best.

Especially when the Hogs, Bama, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida all play in the same conference.
By seasons end, Arkansas will have played all of those except Florida and also had the come from behind win against Tex A&M. How can that not be a more difficult schedule than Boise?
Don't get me wrong, I think it sucks for Boise that they get hosed in the BCS each year, but some of the SOS rankings are a reach at best.

I dont. Play the big boys if you want in.

They are 2-0 in BCS bowls thus far.....nothing to shake your head at.
Not at all. So, would you put them in the BCS championship game over an undefeated LSU? Alabama? Oklahoma State?

Well those numbers don't lie so you got me there. Boise St. has played one ranked opponent on the year and that was their first game at Georgia who was at #19 at the time. GA is nowhere near that now as we can see.
But as long as they keep playing Toldeo, Tulsa, Fresno St., UNLV, and those caliber opponents they will never get any respect from me or the poll makers.

Actually UGA is ranked 18, 18, 20 & 19 according to ESPN, we are probably not that good at all, but BSU handed it to us this year, South Carolina beat us as beneficiaries of 28 points in their 45-42 win. I am not a BSU fan at all, as they will brag about beating us when we may only be the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC, I don't believe they really want to play Bama or LSU, it will burst their bubble.
Link to current ESPN ratings http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

I don't believe they really want to play Bama or LSU, it will burst their bubble.
I don't think any team wants to play Bama or LSU right now. Not to say that won't change by the end of the year though.

No. 2 Gorillas to Host No. 9 Ichabods in Top 10 Match-up

PITTSBURG, KS — The Pittsburg State University football team will return to Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium Saturday (Nov. 5), following a bye week, for a pivotal Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association contest against Washburn University.

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, is 8-0 overall and 7-0 in MIAA play following a 38-17 road victory over Central Missouri in its most recent action on Oct. 22. The Gorillas enjoyed a rare late-season week off from competition last Saturday (Oct. 29). The Gorillas climbed one spot to No. 2 in this week's AFCA/NCAA Division II Top 25 poll Monday (Oct. 31).

Washburn posted a 45-20 home win over Fort Hays State University last Saturday (Oct. 29) at Topeka. The Ichabods are now 8-1 overall, 6-1 in MIAA play and ranked No. 9 in the AFCA/Division II Top 25 poll. WU is currently in a tie (with No.3 NW Missouri State) for second place in the conference standings.

With a win over the Ichabods Saturday, the Gorillas can clinch at least a share of the 2011 MIAA Championship, while a Washburn victory over Pitt State would pull the Ichabods into a tie with the Gorillas for first-place in the MIAA standings with one week remaining in the regular season.

This will be the 83rd all-time meeting between the Gorillas and the Ichabods in a series that dates all the way back to the 1921 season. Pitt State holds a commanding 60-21-1 advantage in the series. The Gorillas are 30-8-1 vs. the Ichabods in Pittsburg all-time. The Gorillas are 27-4 vs. Washburn in the last 31 meetings overall.

Kickoff for Saturday's game is set for 2 p.m. (CDT).

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=387035

Wow, it seems like Pitt St is always playing another ranked team. Good luck to them, I hope they play well.

And good thing they're good at football, because they couldn't stand up to Kansas in basketball. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back