Forum Testing Signup - PING Golf Bags

Some time next week THPers should start receiving their bags.

Quick turnaround!! Congrats to those who get selected and looking forward to following the feedback.

Wow that is awesome! I can't wait to hear the reviews about these bags. I am especially interested in the cart bag. Thanks Ping and THP for such a great testing.

Looking forward to the reviews. The season is about over in northern Ohio so I won't be putting in an entry but good luck to those who did.

I have an email out to PING to confirm that date. These bags don't technically ship to the public for 2 more weeks, and I am pretty sure the testers will get their bags before that but I am waiting on the official word from PING first. We will be ending the signup on Sunday and announcing the four testers on Monday. Don't forget the lucky testers also get to choose which color they prefer!!

I have an email out to PING to confirm that date. These bags don't technically ship to the public for 2 more weeks, and I am pretty sure the testers will get their bags before that but I am waiting on the official word from PING first. We will be ending the signup on Sunday and announcing the four testers on Monday. Don't forget the lucky testers also get to choose which color they prefer!!

That's a nice little bonus right there. Has to be some excited people after reading your interview this morning. It made me think about walking with a carry bag in a positive way, so they must be good bags haha.

A very nice touch by Ping. What colors are available?

Was just looking at the Pioneer cart bag in a bit more detail on the Ping site. 14 way divider, 9 pockets. The one thing I am interested to hear the most about during the review is the 14 full length dividers. For the life of me, I can't seem to find a bag that will not end up having the nylon split at the bottom where the end of the divider is due to so much in/out of the grip end of the club. Seems to be a fairly common thing as I am on my 3rd bag in the last year due to that issue. Ends up getting to the point where I can't get the club in or out without a fight.

Hope that Ping has done something different than other OEM's to address that issue!

Was just looking at the Pioneer cart bag in a bit more detail on the Ping site. 14 way divider, 9 pockets. The one thing I am interested to hear the most about during the review is the 14 full length dividers. For the life of me, I can't seem to find a bag that will not end up having the nylon split at the bottom where the end of the divider is due to so much in/out of the grip end of the club. Seems to be a fairly common thing as I am on my 3rd bag in the last year due to that issue. Ends up getting to the point where I can't get the club in or out without a fight.

Hope that Ping has done something different than other OEM's to address that issue!

My Nike bag is all messed up at the bottom like this. And it started this year brand new too. I hate it.

I keep coming back to this thread and looking at these bags. I agree with Hawk and OEM about the separate putter well on carry bags. What a great idea! I also like that the testers can choose their own color. I also LOVE that Ping is doing a THP testing.

This whole testing is awesome for the reasons stated. Very cool of Ping to do the testing and to allow the testers to choose their color. Very cool.

Can't wait to see the reviews of these bags...these are downright gorgeous pieces!

A very nice touch by Ping. What colors are available?

Did you get the November issue of the THP Newsletter? All the colors are listed in there. If not, PM me and I can send you a copy.

I just spoke with PING and these bags are in stock so these will be shipping next week!!

Did you get the November issue of the THP Newsletter? All the colors are listed in there. If not, PM me and I can send you a copy.

I just spoke with PING and these bags are in stock so these will be shipping next week!!

Good news, GG.

that is awesome news!
Between the newsletter and the interview on the home page today, there has been a lot of info on these bags from THP

Very cool. Going to be some very happy golfers sporting sweet looking bags very soon thanks THP and Ping Golf.

The only Ping bag i had i loved. It was the lightest stand bag i had ever owned and i liked the strap as well. Only down side was 4 way top and no full length dividers so clubs stuck a lot and was hard to get out of the bag.

Way to go ping. That is a great added bonus from a great company. Very excited to see the reviews from the lucky 4

AWESOME, just AWESOME !!! WAHOOOOO !!

Can't wait to read the reviews !

What could be better than seeing MY new PING clubs in a Ping Bag, being tested by Yours Truly, thanks to the efforts of THP and the gracious offer from Ping to support this group ...... OH YEAH BABY !!! ..... it don't get no finer than Carolina :) ......

of course yall know I say all this with tongue in cheek :)

(I'm new here, so Please, don't be offended, if I'm outta line, just Please let me know, it's not my intent to be offensive or abrasive, Thanks, Mikey)

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry)

2011 Ping 4 Under (carry)

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well?

Yes

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)

At least 6-way.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?

Yes

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.

Just like any THP member, I just can't visit the THP website enough (its interfering with work!). I plan on visiting the course everyday to test out the bag, and regularly provide feedback here. My Ping 4 under works fine, but it does seem to be on the lighter side. The material seems quite thin as well, thus giving less of a sturdy feel. I wouldn't mind trying out any of the bags, but Hoofer or Latitude level would be preferable. Color doesn't really matter, but white or white+blue would be preferable to see how they withstand stains on the course.

Most importantly, I believe I can provide an helpful insight on how the new bag compares (improved) to the 2011 Ping bag that I current use.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am excited to see that PING has addressed many of the issues with their past bags. I hope the 2012 bags are a success. When I say issues with past bags I am speaking from experience. In the spring of 2011 I bought myself a 2011 Hoofer C-1 and my 12 year old daughter (who plays competetively) a 2011 4 under. Each bag is emroidered with our club's logo and by daughter's has her nickname also embroidered. I have been very disapointed with each of these bags. For me, the biggest complaint has been the over-extension of the legs, also referred to by our PING rep as "Bambi legs". You can imagine my suprise when I saw my PING Anser irons and wedges lying on my garage floor with the legs proned out flat in front of the bag. After a couple of time of this consistently occurring, I now have to lean my bag up against something. My daughter's 4 under does the same thing. We also experienced severe fading with hers, it's the black and pink color. The black has held up fine but the pink is now several different shades depending on which part has been exposed to the sun. The most faded parts are not very attractive. This is after only one summer. From reading the interview here and PING's website it seems that PING has corrected past mistakes. I am a huge PING fan and hope they have great success with the new bags. I'd love to participate in the test;

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? PING Hoofer C-1 2011 model

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? No

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? Four or five

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Golf is a 365 day a year event where I live

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would put this through a 2-3 day a week playing test. Mostly carrying but it would see limited cart time also. I have past experience testing products which I could discuss in private. Obviously my activity level on THP is nominal, I learned of this opportunity on PINGS Twitter feed. Thanks for the opportunity.

I haven't been active on this forum for a while, but I've had loads of schoolwork and school golf, so maybe testing a new bag would get me back on this forum. I've been playing a ton of golf lately, and I hope that testing will motivate me even more than I already am.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Carry
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Not really, but I don't have a strong preference.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 6 or 8-way seem to work the best for me. I have never owned a 14-way though.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live in Memphis, and while it can get cold sometimes, I can still brave the elements and play. This doesn't usually happen though because it is usually warm this time of the year.
As I have said, I have not been active on THP, and I understand if I'm not picked. This testing would keep me on THP now that the school season is over. I currently own an old ping carry bag that is amazing. It has to be from the 80s, but there is barely wear on it, and there is actually a wooden dowel and leather parts in it. I would like to test Ping's new offerings in the bag department, and I want to see if they are made as solidly as they used to be. I plan to get to the course 3 times a week or more on average, and at least once or twice if it is busy. My biggest priorities in a bag are lasting quality and lightweight. Because I am a broke high school student, I have to carry my bag, and I can't buy a new bag every season. Any bag I get I need it to last, so I would test how this bag stands up to continuous wear in the long run.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry)
Nike Tour Sasquatch Stand Bag (Carry)
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well?
I think so... While I love my current bag, it doesn't have a special putter well (though it is a 14 way divider) and I find it a bit clunky to access.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)
14way

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?
Yup Bay Area= year round golf. While it's gonna get wet and slightly cool, I just love those conditions to play in.

I'll test it out on course, at the range, and the whole way from garage-to-grass (commenting on Twitter and here wrt pocket function, layout, usability, durability and suggestions for improvement) at least 4 times a week. I'll give a fair and honest comparison with my current bag to give people a standard on which to base my feedback. I am a fairly frequent poster (though not astronomical as I am not a "me too" or glib response poster) I focus on quality not quantity of posts and generally write when there is something to be said that hasn't been said already. The forum will not be disappointed by the thoroughness of my reviews (and I'd be responsive to forum questions as well to improve my feedback on the bag).

Last edited:
I did indeed. I just re-read it, thanks!

Back