Callaway hex chrome

jschlesi

Reaction score
Handicap
Was in the pro shop today and the Callaway rep gave me a sleeve to try. This is a direct competitor to Bridgestone B330RX--Wow! Perfect for my swing speed. Anyone else ever tried these?

Yup. I've had a sleeve of the Chrome and the Black for a bit now. Both are excellent balls IMO and so far seem to fix the one thing I didn't like about the i series (Less hacking of the cover with the Hex's for me so far vs the i's).

No, I haven't.

But, it sounds like I'll get some sick deals on i(Z)s soon.

This has my interest for sure.

Mine too if their aim is the B330 RX. That is probably the single best ball I've found for my game. If Callaway comes in cheaper I'm all over it.

Tapatalked by Siri on my iPhone 4

I have not seen nor obviously tried this yet but if it is right there with the B330-RX and Penta TP it sounds like one I need to try.

Did you actually try it today jschlesi or just guessing that it is perfect for you based on what you see? If you did try it, can you tell us what you typically play and how it compared?

Throw some pictures up too. Show us your balls.

Mine too if they're aim is the B330 RX. That is probably the single best ball I've found for my game. If Callaway comes in cheaper I'm all over it.

Same here. I did like the HX Diablo Tour ball as well. But if this is closer to the 330RX at a lower price it will be a winner

OP says its meant to compete with the B330 RX. Guess we will have to wait and find out when they get released.

I'd like to see a pic too. And some info from Cally.

Apparently the Black will be a 5 layer ball. Interesting. Look forward to some info from Callaway or Calloway even.

Played the hex today and absolutely loved it. It is looong. Feel seems better than the E6. Loved the flight. Really comes off the driver and irons. Looks like Callaway is changing the entire line. No iTours or HXs for next year.

gotta a say i'm very excited about this

Would love to try em out. If it's close to the B330 RX must be a good one.

a68988fd-03b7-eae6.jpg
Took this from the catalogue

Nice sounds like a good deal but i love the Penta TP.

Mine too if their aim is the B330 RX. That is probably the single best ball I've found for my game. If Callaway comes in cheaper I'm all over it.

If its a 330rx competitor then his could one not at least kick the tires right?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Anyone have a sleeve they are willing to trade? Preferably yellow.

The Chrome and Chrome + are on sale around here for $29.95 as of last week. Nice ball - good feel. Like it

I think I'm going to pick up some Chrome's for my rounds this weekend. They should be more suited to my swing speed than the Chrome+.

I've been playing the yellow Chrome since last fall. Needed yellow in the dried out fairways of Colorado and I'm not a big B330 fan and the Chromes were cheaper than Srixon's at the time so I gave them a shot ... Great Ball!

I've played it side by side with a ProV1 and get the same distance and stopping power with the Chrome. The ProV1 has the softer feel around the greens but the cover on the Chrome (same as the Hex Black) is nearly indestructible. at times I've played with the same ball for multiple rounds and you'd never be able to tell.

I've just ordered 3 dozen of the Chrome + as they are supposed to have a better feel around the greens. I am sold on this ball and the yellow - wasn't sure about that at first but I can follow them better in the air and they really stand out on the course.

For $30-35/doz you can't beat it!!

Several Callaway staff players have dropped the Hex Black ball in favour of the Chrome+, they prefer the softer feel apparently, and it must still perform well for them to put it in competition play.

Both balls also rated in the very top end of the recent GD ball test, low driver spin but high wedge spin. When I run out of my current ammo I'm definitely going to buy some of these. My driver SS is only about 96mph so I reckon the normal Chrome will suffice.

Back