Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

You asked for it. I will post tonight. I had forgot to do it. lol.

I have some thoughts, but I am usually wrong. Either way, I'm excited to see what it is and who's testing it.

I have some thoughts, but I am usually wrong. Either way, I'm excited to see what it is and who's testing it.
We are probably thinking the same here, Hawk. But, like you said, I am sure I will be completely wrong on my guess.

Exactly. I am so glad I can finally sign up for testings again. I love the excitement.

1. What driver do you currently play? I play the Callaway Razr Hawk Tour 9.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? My driver swing speed is 106-108 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? I currently have the Attas T2 6S and it's a stiff flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main driver miss is high off the face or off the toe. During my fitting at the Callaway Performance CEnter he realized I hit down on the ball and flip my wrists through impact which can cause a lot of problems. I've been working on it lol. I'm looking for a driver that is forgiving and maybe even a little different than what I have now. I want the driver to be consistent and long as well. Something that is easy to control and confidence inspiring.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I'm an every day logger into THP :) My activity level is very high and I make sure to try and contribute with relevant replies especially in the equipment threads.

My testing plan would be multiple range sessions per week with 1-2 rounds of golf. The weather is perfect right now and I have a course next to my house I can walk at any time. I use video, pictures and impact tape to help bring the reader along with me as I test the equipment. I'd use the same approach I've taken with the Adams A12OS irons I've been lucky to enough to be able to test... (thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?24825-Adams-a12-OS-Irons-Review-Thread-...). Ill test the driver in multiple scenarios on its own merit while I truly get to know the ins/outs. Once I feel I really get to know the driver will I be able to compare it to some of the other top drivers out there (R11, Cleveland 310 TL and my Callaway RAZR Hawk Tour).

Same here Hawk!!!! I love mystery testings. Sometimes I wish the testings could be badge less but I understand how tough that would be. I haven't bagged another driver since I took the Hawk in. Would love to give this a whirl too. This one is going to be fun to follow for sure!

I'm waiting for Jacob Robertson's investigation and theory on the mystery company :)

+1 Hawk, he is usually right in his prognostication. However, even when he is wrong his reasoning and arguments are alwasy spot on. Looking forward to reading what you are thinking Jacob.

1. What driver do you currently play? TaylorMade R11
2. What is your driver swing speed? around 95 I believe...
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock baby. 60g Fujikura Blur stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Lazy-miss is a slice, but throw a pull-hook in there as well.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing will be limited to weekly indoor-driving range sessions and a possible golf simulator here or there. Winter is coming soon, so I wouldn't be able to get on the course until March/April. But I frequent the range to keep my game in tune during the off-season.
THP activity level is average. I'm online all day, every day and would love another chance to test out some more equipment for THP.

Thanks.

I would love to sign up for this, but I have not been around in awhile. Things are starting to settle down and I have time for THP, but I've been too much of an absentee recently. Good luck to all who sign up and hopefully you get a chance to try out the Cleveland Black! THAT DRIVER LOOKS SESSY

1. What driver do you currently play? Ping G10 10.5
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Grafalloy prolaunch red in Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I've been pretty inconsisent with my driver this year. My two most common misses have been a high, short fade and a pull.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing would include range sessions (I just signed up for my club's range plan plan) and after a brief hiatus for deer hunting, a round or two per week (as weather permits), starting in December. As for THP, I'm pretty active on here and and check the site frequently, thus making me easy to reach for questions, requests, etc...

Thanks to THP and yet to be disclosed company!

Another great testing opportunity! Thanks THP and Mysterious OEM!

1. What driver do you currently play?
I am currently gaming an TaylorMade R7 460 with 10.5° of loft I won at a golf tournament years ago. I believe it is setup for a draw.

2. What is your driver swing speed?
My speed is around 95 mph when last checked. I haven't been on a monitor since I've isolated a good tempo with the testing I'm doing with the Boccieri Golf Heavy Wood, but I feel my SS about the same, maybe a smidgen faster. If I was chosen for this, I'd definitely get that speed double checked. (Actually, I should do this anyways!)

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play?
I have the stock TaylorMade REAX Stiff flex, mid tip. it also says 60, so I'm assuming that's grams for the weight. I can definitely load this shaft when swinging with the right tempo instead of just trying to swing fast.

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?
My main miss has been a slice with this driver, thus the draw weighting. As my swing has been improving, I'm not sure how important that weighting is any longer. I'm looking for forgiveness and repeatability. I'd like to be more sure that the ball will fly (medium to high ball flight) and go near where I am it. More distance is nice, but I'll forego distance for dispersion. I think viscerally, I'd like to have a confidence inspiring look and feel.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
Since joining THP in June, I've re-committed myself to my golf game. While I still don't get to play as often as I'd like, there is rarely a week that goes by where I don't make it to the range at least once. Thankfully, since I live in Southern California, I have no actual weather of any import to speak of and can test through the winter months. Since I was lucky enough to be chosen for testing the Boccieri Golf Heavy Wood, I have a pretty good understanding of the dedication it takes to be a good tester. That means taking the club out, taking notes and transcribing those thoughts in a narrative to the testing thread. I also like to discuss the testing with my fellow testers to hone in on ideas and feelings. I also recently purchased a tripod adapter for my phone so I can do video reviews. I was pretty happy with my first two videos.
As for activity level, I'm on THP daily, multiple times really. I try to post or respond multiple times a day as well. There are so many threads I read, it really is a bit insane but I guess I'm a THP junkie. (In a good way!) I also read all the the homepage reviews and comment on nearly all of them. My Google Chrome web browser ranks THP as my most visited site over things like ESPN and the LA Times...which I visit and read A LOT.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Thanks to that little Mysterous Company out there and THP. Pretty Cool opportunity

1. What driver do you currently play? Slazenger Something (I don't what it is. It just says Slazenger on it and I hit it often)

2. What is your driver swing speed? 108 last time I checked it

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock Stiff Shaft

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss is Left. Usually I'll hit a Hook when I miss. For my next driver, I'm looking for a consistent ball flight (High or Low, It doesn't make a difference to me. As long as it's consistent) and a feeling of a pop when I hit it flush. That pop feeling lets me know I've hit it sweet.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'll definetly put this driver through it's paces. I'll use it and rely on it when it needs to perform and hopefully it will. I plan to play with it during High School Golf season and hopefully it will perform for me there. I am a regular forum member here at THP. I have been to a Get Together organized by some members and Georiga and I love talking on here about Golf.

What a cool testing. Good luck all.

Awesome! Currently play r11tp 9 degree extra stiff. Swing speed around 105. Miss is a hook. I would be able to play at Least 36 holes a week and get in some range time. I could post results after every round and range session.

For anyone who cares, my analysis of the mystery company is in the spoiler tags below.

Spoiler
Firstly, we must take a look at the current landscape of equipment releases. We know Callaway has the Razr Fit. We know TMaG is a LITTLE release happy with their products, so we can not rule them out. We have, (as far as I know) heard nothing of a new offering from Titleist, Sri, or Ping.

Further cementing that the driver is not Ping, is the fact that the other testing, the Ping golf bags, is being referred to over and over again by JB and GG as the FIRST Ping testing. Now, of course, this could be an elaborate ruse, but seeing as Ping already has their main lines in place, I do not think so. Sri Sports' also seems to have their lines firmly in place.

Now, we must look at the questions. All but one yield absolutely no usable information. Number 4. In asking what your miss is, we can assume one of two things: the company want's to be sure whatever bias built into the club will match the testers better, OR they want to select a large range of miss types. Why? Because they want to see if their adjustable driver can handle it. If we look back, we see that Cally does indeed have an adjustable driver coming out.

My prediction: Callaway Razr Fit.

Nice reasoning! I think if your prediction is true that it'll be a very interesting testing. More options on that front would be great.

Today's the day guys! Hurry up and get your entries in everyone!

For anyone who cares, my analysis of the mystery company is in the spoiler tags below.

Spoiler
Firstly, we must take a look at the current landscape of equipment releases. We know Callaway has the Razr Fit. We know TMaG is a LITTLE release happy with their products, so we can not rule them out. We have, (as far as I know) heard nothing of a new offering from Titleist, Sri, or Ping.

Further cementing that the driver is not Ping, is the fact that the other testing, the Ping golf bags, is being referred to over and over again by JB and GG as the FIRST Ping testing. Now, of course, this could be an elaborate ruse, but seeing as Ping already has their main lines in place, I do not think so. Sri Sports' also seems to have their lines firmly in place.

Now, we must look at the questions. All but one yield absolutely no usable information. Number 4. In asking what your miss is, we can assume one of two things: the company want's to be sure whatever bias built into the club will match the testers better, OR they want to select a large range of miss types. Why? Because they want to see if their adjustable driver can handle it. If we look back, we see that Cally does indeed have an adjustable driver coming out.

Great synopsis and deductive reasoning Watson LOL! That was some seriously thought out stuff.

Alex

Spoiler

Nice reasoning...now I really hope I get selected. :golf:

This would be great!!!However winter in Wyoming isnt good for testing anything.... Maybe next time.

Good luck to everyone that entered!

great opportunity, thajks to THP and the to-be-revealed OEM!

Good luck to all the applicants! It will be interesting to see what this is.

Today's the day guys! Hurry up and get your entries in everyone!

Good luck to everyone that entered!
Calling these entries is kind of a misnomer that implies it is a contest. I hope everyone realizes this is a serious testing opportunity and not a contest to get a pre-release driver.

Given that this is a pre-release, I know that only the most capable testers will be selected. I am really interested in their thoughts.

Calling these entries is kind of a misnomer that implies it is a contest. I hope everyone realizes this is a serious testing opportunity and not a contest to get a pre-release driver.

+1...long term testing and feedback that will influence some that may later buy it.

i know this isn't a contest and i know how much work testing is.... just a poor use of words after no sleep on nightshift. sorry smalls.

Back