Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

These irons continue to impress.....took them out today and shot a 83, which isn't reflective of how I played. I was striking the ball magnificently but some brutal pin placements let me a little confused on the greens.

Can't get over how easy these are to hit.

I spent some more time with my Callaway Razr X Forged irons at the range today. I can't say enough about how great these irons feel. These are truly top notch players irons.

I ended up practicing with a friend of mine who is a pretty good player (scratch) and he couldn't stop raving about how sweet my new irons looked in the bag. He finally broke down and hit a few shots with them and was blown away. He started with a 6 iron, moved to a wedge, then a 7 iron...etc. After about 15 minutes he went into the pro shop and ordered a set having the same set up as my set (KBS Tour shafts). He had been playing some older Callaway irons and couldn't believe how much better these irons felt and how much the combination of these heads with the KBS Tour shafts improved his ball flight. If this isn't a testament to how amazing these irons are, I don't know what is. Thank you Callaway!

You digging the switch from blades?

These irons continue to impress.....took them out today and shot a 83, which isn't reflective of how I played. I was striking the ball magnificently but some brutal pin placements let me a little confused on the greens.

Can't get over how easy these are to hit.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

Had a fantastic range session yesterday.

I started off really well with some nice draws and long shots. Part of me hates range time when I'm trying to figure out aball park with distances because it's usually not right. Anyway, as the night wore on I started to lose distance and lost about 1/2 to a full club. I'm getting my swing checked out Sat though.

I'll focus more of this on my AW because I spent a lot of time with it. I've been using a 50* but decided to transition to this wedge for the MC. The AW spins less on chips and full shots but in most cases I need the extra rollout. The ballflight is also different. The 50* has a DG spinner so it's just a touch lower but seems more penetrating. The Razr X AW gets up quick and in a hurry. Goes further on full shots and is deceptively longer. Still lands really soft and has some nice action.

The 3/4 and 1/2 shots are much easier to hit. More more consistantcy with distance and I attribute that to the more forgiving nature of the Razr X. Distance control is easier as a result of that. A bad swing wont punish you but still can result in the old hosel rocket.

Around the green I'm finding the Razr X easier too. Doesn't seem to hang on the face as much and is a little easier to predict the rollout. I was very happy using this when there was just a little too much long grass that would prevent me from using my putter.

Very productive day with these. The Shovel Bro's are up to something so stay tuned as well...

Nice update, @marcawesome!

Had a fantastic range session yesterday.

I started off really well with some nice draws and long shots. Part of me hates range time when I'm trying to figure out aball park with distances because it's usually not right. Anyway, as the night wore on I started to lose distance and lost about 1/2 to a full club. I'm getting my swing checked out Sat though.

I'll focus more of this on my AW because I spent a lot of time with it. I've been using a 50* but decided to transition to this wedge for the MC. The AW spins less on chips and full shots but in most cases I need the extra rollout. The ballflight is also different. The 50* has a DG spinner so it's just a touch lower but seems more penetrating. The Razr X AW gets up quick and in a hurry. Goes further on full shots and is deceptively longer. Still lands really soft and has some nice action.

The 3/4 and 1/2 shots are much easier to hit. More more consistantcy with distance and I attribute that to the more forgiving nature of the Razr X. Distance control is easier as a result of that. A bad swing wont punish you but still can result in the old hosel rocket.

Around the green I'm finding the Razr X easier too. Doesn't seem to hang on the face as much and is a little easier to predict the rollout. I was very happy using this when there was just a little too much long grass that would prevent me from using my putter.

Very productive day with these. The Shovel Bro's are up to something so stay tuned as well...

Thanks dude. These irons just continue to get better and better. Really glad these are in the bag.

I'm glad the AW is working for you. I really like the added forgivess that they offer compared to blade wedges, especially for full shots. It almost adds a whole new shot to your bag it seems.

I spent some more time with my Callaway Razr X Forged irons at the range today. I can't say enough about how great these irons feel. These are truly top notch players irons.

I ended up practicing with a friend of mine who is a pretty good player (scratch) and he couldn't stop raving about how sweet my new irons looked in the bag. He finally broke down and hit a few shots with them and was blown away. He started with a 6 iron, moved to a wedge, then a 7 iron...etc. After about 15 minutes he went into the pro shop and ordered a set having the same set up as my set (KBS Tour shafts). He had been playing some older Callaway irons and couldn't believe how much better these irons felt and how much the combination of these heads with the KBS Tour shafts improved his ball flight. If this isn't a testament to how amazing these irons are, I don't know what is. Thank you Callaway!

Wow! What a testament that is Andy. Can I ask you a simple question: are you now a Callaway homer? hahahaha

Me too!

Great point my friend. I had no issues off the turf for chips/pitches and it was really easy to hit out of the thicker grass. It's also nice to have such control over the AW. Would you ever add the set AW to you set up?

Another plus to the Razr X and RXT's is the ability to have that AW with the set. Takes the guess work out of gaps.

I'm glad the AW is working for you. I really like the added forgivess that they offer compared to blade wedges, especially for full shots. It almost adds a whole new shot to your bag it seems.

Great point my friend. I had no issues off the turf for chips/pitches and it was really easy to hit out of the thicker grass. It's also nice to have such control over the AW. Would you ever add the set AW to you set up?

Another plus to the Razr X and RXT's is the ability to have that AW with the set. Takes the guess work out of gaps.

I love my Razr X AW

I love my Razr X AW
I'm also loving my Razr X Tour AW. I immediately removed the CG15 gap wedge I had and went right to work with the AW. I use it for so many different kind of shots, very useful club and the more I use it the more comfortable I get with it. This is a great weapon around the greens and from 100-115 yards. I can't wait to compliment this wedge with some JAWS 54 and 58 degree wedges. Going to be lethal!

I just wanna take it to mine into the office and chip foam balls lol.

I had to work late last week, was stuck in the office till after midnight when I usually get out at 5. I thought about running down to my car and grabbing my putter and just rolling balls around the office while I waited for session to end.

I'm also loving my Razr X Tour AW. I immediately removed the CG15 gap wedge I had and went right to work with the AW. I use it for so many different kind of shots, very useful club and the more I use it the more comfortable I get with it. This is a great weapon around the greens and from 100-115 yards. I can't wait to compliment this wedge with some JAWS 54 and 58 degree wedges. Going to be lethal!

are you sold on that combo even though you play 56 and 60 currently? I'm thinking of doing the same but am a little worried about changing it up.

I'm gonna stick with my 56* and 60*. Just what I'm used too. But I agree. LETHAL.

haha, been there my friend. Turf interaction with carpet.

I had to work late last week, was stuck in the office till after midnight when I usually get out at 5. I thought about running down to my car and grabbing my putter and just rolling balls around the office while I waited for session to end.

are you sold on that combo even though you play 56 and 60 currently? I'm thinking of doing the same but am a little worried about changing it up.
I think so, in an effort to keep the same gap between my wedges that I currently (or previously) had I believe that is what I'll be going with. I'm a little concerned about the differences, but it won't be too difficult to adapt I don't think. Just more reason to practice is all!

I think so, in an effort to keep the same gap between my wedges that I currently (or previously) had I believe that is what I'll be going with. I'm a little concerned about the differences, but it won't be too difficult to adapt I don't think. Just more reason to practice is all!

I'm a little concerned about the difference in that I've never hit a 54 out of the sand and rarely use my 60 out of the sand. I may go and have one of my old wedges bent to try and practice before we get a message from our Tour Rep.

Absolutely, if not just for the full shots alone. I'd probably keep the blade 50° too for greenside work and dump the 60°, to be honest.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Dude that's an idea. I haven't needed a 60* all that much right now. I'd probably just mess it up if I tried too. Man.. Something to think about.

Absolutely, if not just for the full shots alone. I'd probably keep the blade 50° too for greenside work and dump the 60°, to be honest.

I'm a little concerned about the difference in that I've never hit a 54 out of the sand and rarely use my 60 out of the sand. I may go and have one of my old wedges bent to try and practice before we get a message from our Tour Rep.
Depending on the shot of course, I may be more apt to use my 58* out of green side bunkers, but we'll see how that goes with the 8* of bounce compared to the 12* of a 54* JAWS. Again, just more reason to practice! The 60* I have now is low bounce and there are very few lies that I actually like that out of. I won't miss getting rid of that club one bit.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Dude that's an idea. I haven't needed a 60* all that much right now. I'd probably just mess it up if I tried too. Man.. Something to think about.

Haha, don't let my wierd ways influence you! I really like the pitch and chip shots I get from the xFT, but I'd love to have a 50° redline in the bag to fill out one last full swing gap. The added forgiveness is a huge plus in those situations.

Haha, don't let my wierd ways influence you! I really like the pitch and chip shots I get from the xFT, but I'd love to have a 50° redline in the bag to fill out one last full swing gap. The added forgiveness is a huge plus in those situations.

don't give @marcawesome anything else to over think about!

dayum ddec where do you work?????

HAHAHAHAH. Dudes I'm already over pondering. Thing is the 56* gets out of green side bunkers just fine but I was thinking 60* so I wouldnt have to open the face... haha. Aye.

I'm just glad that AW is as forgiving as it is. The 8-AW is awesome around the green.

don't give @marcawesome anything else to over think about!

HAHAHAHAH. Dudes I'm already over pondering. Thing is the 56* gets out of green side bunkers just fine but I was thinking 60* so I wouldnt have to open the face... haha. Aye.

I'm just glad that AW is as forgiving as it is. The 8-AW is awesome around the green.

say it ain't so? haha

I used the 8 a lot over the weekend around the greens. I saw some good results, but also some not so good ones.

Back