Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell put in Braxton. This is ridiculous Buaserman sucks.

Looks like someone forgot to give the OSU players their paychecks tonight...Miami sure got theirs

I don't think they are going to get paid at all this year....going to be a long year for OSU. Players won't play with no $$$$

I don't think they are going to get paid at all this year....going to be a long year for OSU. Players won't play with no $$$$

Doesn't seem like they'll have any championship rings to sell either

Watching the scoreboard and I want to know what that #17 in front of Ohio State means. That can't be because they're the 17th ranked football program in the country could it? They sure as hell don't look like it. :alien:

FSU is playing tough. Great game.

Watching the scoreboard and I want to know what that #17 in front of Ohio State means. That can't be because they're the 17th ranked football program in the country could it? They sure as hell don't look like it. :alien:

It means they are the 17th highest payed team in the country ;)

BOOMER SOONER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn dude they are good! I hate them but they can play

I thought having the number in front of the school name means you're suppose to beat the team that doesn't have the number? Ahem... Auburn, Ohio State, Arizona State, Michigan State.

Also I thought having the word "the" being said in front of your school name especially when the pros do their little square box intro things guarantees you the win? No?

I'd like to dedicate this :alien: to my home boys cg13, RxGus, and Calebt17. Y'all know I'm effing with you fellas.

Damn dude they are good! I hate them but they can play

I still can't believe Travis Lewis came back already. MAJOR good thing for the OU D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor TheOSU fans. What a surprise it must have been when they found out TheOSU wasn't playing by the rules.

Kevin

Poor TheOSU fans. What a surprise it must have been when they found out TheOSU wasn't playing by the rules.

Kevin

Shut your hole, Bucky. You're just jealous that they pay more.

Kevin

I am not going to throw stones at OSU. Just because I don't want to have to back pedal if we find out WI has been doing anything shady.

Dickey Helps Rally No. 19 Gorillas to Wild 27-26 Victory Over Bulldogs

KIRKSVILLE, Mo. - Zac Dickey overcame a rough first half to lead 19[SUP]th[/SUP]-ranked Pittsburg State University to a furious pair of fourth-quarter rallies in a 27-26 victory over upset-minded Truman State University Saturday (Sept. 17) at Stokes Stadium.

Pitt State (3-0, 3-0 MIAA) trailed 13-0 late in the first quarter, but battled back to take a 17-13 lead on Dickey's 1-yard run with 10:26 to play in the game. Truman (1-2, 1-2 MIAA) reclaimed the lead, at 19-17, five minutes later when Richie Schumacher blocked a punt and recovered it in the Pitt Stat end zone for a touchdown. Derek Koon missed the extra point though, leaving the door open for the Gorillas. Dickey then led Pitt State down the field, driving to the Truman 7 to set up Chase McCoy's 24-yard field goal for a 20-19 Pitt State lead with 1:20 remaining.

Two plays later, the Bulldogs found the end zone again to dash the Gorillas short-lived rally. J.B. Brown fired a pass to Donald Harvey who raced 49 yards to the PSU 15 before pitching the ball to team mate Andy Mundwiller, who raced the final yards to the end zone. The Bulldogs elected to attempt a Koon extra-point, which gave Truman a 26-20 lead with 53 seconds to play. Dickey then completed passes to Andrew Castaneda and Jon Thomas to get the ball into Truman territory. He capped the furious drive by racing into the end zone from three yards out with 16 ticks left on the clock. McCoy then booted the PAT, following a Truman timeout, for the game's final margin.

The Gorillas stopped Harvey at the Pitt State 34 on the game's final play to preserve the victory. Dickey completed 14 of 19 passes for 140 yards and rushed the ball 13 times for 65 yards and two scores for the Gorillas, shaking off an interception the Bulldogs returned for a touchdown as well as a pair of first-half fumbles. Briceton Wilson carried the ball 29 times for 140 yards as Pitt State piled up 267 rushing yards and 407 total yards in the contest.

Thomas got the Gorillas on the board for the first time with one second left in the first quarter when he returned a kickoff 91 yards for a touchdown after Koon put Truman up 13-0 with a 3-yard field goal 14 seconds earlier. McCoy added a 43-yard field goal with 52 seconds remaining in the first half to draw the Gorillas to within three points, at 13-10. Clark completed 16 of 40 passes for 269 yards with the touchdown and four interceptions, two apiece by Nate Dreiling and Chas Smith. Dreiling led the team with 10 stops.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=365440

I am not going to throw stones at OSU. Just because I don't want to have to back pedal if we find out WI has been doing anything shady.

We did have the Shoe Box scandal.

Kevin

Dickey Helps Rally No. 19 Gorillas to Wild 27-26 Victory Over Bulldogs

KIRKSVILLE, Mo. - Zac Dickey overcame a rough first half to lead 19[SUP]th[/SUP]-ranked Pittsburg State University to a furious pair of fourth-quarter rallies in a 27-26 victory over upset-minded Truman State University Saturday (Sept. 17) at Stokes Stadium.

Pitt State (3-0, 3-0 MIAA) trailed 13-0 late in the first quarter, but battled back to take a 17-13 lead on Dickey's 1-yard run with 10:26 to play in the game. Truman (1-2, 1-2 MIAA) reclaimed the lead, at 19-17, five minutes later when Richie Schumacher blocked a punt and recovered it in the Pitt Stat end zone for a touchdown. Derek Koon missed the extra point though, leaving the door open for the Gorillas. Dickey then led Pitt State down the field, driving to the Truman 7 to set up Chase McCoy's 24-yard field goal for a 20-19 Pitt State lead with 1:20 remaining.

Two plays later, the Bulldogs found the end zone again to dash the Gorillas short-lived rally. J.B. Brown fired a pass to Donald Harvey who raced 49 yards to the PSU 15 before pitching the ball to team mate Andy Mundwiller, who raced the final yards to the end zone. The Bulldogs elected to attempt a Koon extra-point, which gave Truman a 26-20 lead with 53 seconds to play. Dickey then completed passes to Andrew Castaneda and Jon Thomas to get the ball into Truman territory. He capped the furious drive by racing into the end zone from three yards out with 16 ticks left on the clock. McCoy then booted the PAT, following a Truman timeout, for the game's final margin.

The Gorillas stopped Harvey at the Pitt State 34 on the game's final play to preserve the victory. Dickey completed 14 of 19 passes for 140 yards and rushed the ball 13 times for 65 yards and two scores for the Gorillas, shaking off an interception the Bulldogs returned for a touchdown as well as a pair of first-half fumbles. Briceton Wilson carried the ball 29 times for 140 yards as Pitt State piled up 267 rushing yards and 407 total yards in the contest.

Thomas got the Gorillas on the board for the first time with one second left in the first quarter when he returned a kickoff 91 yards for a touchdown after Koon put Truman up 13-0 with a 3-yard field goal 14 seconds earlier. McCoy added a 43-yard field goal with 52 seconds remaining in the first half to draw the Gorillas to within three points, at 13-10. Clark completed 16 of 40 passes for 269 yards with the touchdown and four interceptions, two apiece by Nate Dreiling and Chas Smith. Dreiling led the team with 10 stops.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=365440

Is that Lynn Dickey's kid?

Kevin

Where the outcry at poor little Boise St breaking rules in various sports and getting sanctions against them including reduced scholarships for the next five years.

I'm actually glad tOSU lost this earlier, then I don't have to go through the season thinking they actually had a chance when I knew from the beginning it was gonna be ugly.

Wisconsin fans crack me up, they have two good years (Including getting smoked by TCWho?) and they are now a powerhouse.

Ninja, whilst I thoroughly enjoyed watching tOSU get creamed by an average Miami team, I agree with you, Wiscansin fans irritate me more than any other. They have tunnel vision. They aren't a powerhouse and I say that b/c they are successful in a cupcake conference. Who have they played this year? UNLV, Oregon State, and Northern Illinois. Geez, don't hurt yourself boys. The toughest matchup of the season for them will be Nebraska. One tough game. They'll be playing for the Nat'l Championship. That blows.

Ninja, whilst I thoroughly enjoyed watching tOSU get creamed by a terrible Miami team, I agree with you, Wiscansin fans irritate me more than any other. They have tunnel vision. They aren't a powerhouse and I say that b/c they are successful in a cupcake conference. Who have they played this year? UNLV, Oregon State, and Northern Illinois. Geez, don't hurt yourself boys. The toughest matchup of the season for them will be Nebraska. One tough game. They'll be playing for the Nat'l Championship. That blows.

I actually had a glimmer of hope for them until they got smoked by TCU last year.

Like i said I'm just glad tOSU got it over with early so we as fan didn't have any false hopes, ALA Wisconsin. Oh and don't worry about them playing for the NC they will lose to someone in conference and it won't be Nebraska.

Edit: FIFY

OSU Out of the top 25 .... Does this mean we can finally drop the "the" in front of the school name now? hehehe

OSU Out of the top 25 .... Does this mean we can finally drop the "the" in front of the school name now? hehehe

Everyone has there ups and downs.. Not a tOSU fan at all, but they will be back

Everyone has there ups and downs.. Not a tOSU fan at all, but they will be back

Yes they will be back. Back to winning all season long until they play a SEC team in the National Championship where they lose...every...time!!!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

A couple different places reporting that West Virginia has been rejected by both the SEC and ACC. A bit surprised to see the Mountaineers shunned like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back