Status
Not open for further replies.
got 18 in before the thunder storms
it is absolutely pouring out right now

shot 44/38
front was just horrendous
hit lots and lots of fw's but not one green at all
guess im back to hooking the ball... slice didnt last long
everything was just a fraction off today and nothing bounced my way on the front
even had a hosel rocket
back was much better score wise but ball striking was ugly
everything was super short and didnt have too many "wedges to greens" today
at least i actually got girs on the back

44 today in the slop

drove the ball awesome, so good in fact I drove through a few fairways

couldnt make the 6 foot putt thought and chipping was ehh

I shot a 44 for league last night. After a triple and double on holes 1 and 2. Had a few pars and a birdie! Still haven't used the new clubs, it is sloppy as heck here.

Played 9 last night. Shot a 41. Was misjudging my iron distances with a z-star ball. Lost it in the water because of it on #3. Used a B330-S I found in my bag the rest of the round and played 1 over with it, missing a few birdie chances. Overall I stuck the ball pretty well. I got a different type of 4 person scramble this weekend. All 4 hit off the tee, but you don't know what one you will use until you roll a 6-sided die. If it lands 1-4, you pick that persons ball. If it lands on 5 or 6, you get to pick any ball.

Shot a 76 in yesterday's blitz, 5 bogies and only 1 birdie. The bad thing was I lipped out one birdie putt and on 2 short approach shots I $h@nk3d the ball, that was 2 of the bogies. I have a tendency to try to guide the ball sometimes on 110 and in approach shots sometimes. Still that was my lowest round of the year and I only used 29 putts, encouraging as I seem to be improving after taking my 1st lesson only 2 fridays ago. I will probably schedule the 2nd lesson next week.

Last edited:
I shot a 50 in my league yesterday. 3 lost balls and two 3 putt. I drove the ball well and chipped good. 14 putts my new low putts for the year. Just couldn't hit a good iron shot.

44 today in the slop

drove the ball awesome, so good in fact I drove through a few fairways

couldnt make the 6 foot putt thought and chipping was ehh

Slop is right its like playing in a marsh right now.

I shot a bunch of trees today. LOL

46/45, was quite happy with that. I would say 70% of my iron shots plugged and zero roll on drives. Fairways haven't been cut, just a disaster with all the rain we keep getting. Played 18 in 2 hours and 8 minutes, Just myself and I saw 2 other singles. Back to the driving range tomorrow afternoon. I have been playing the Bridgestone 330RXS and they have some serious spin (to much), think I need to try the RX, thats what the Bridgestone ball fitter suggested.

39/44
played the front 9 in 1 hr... the back took 3 hrs
2 diff seniors leagues and a huge womens outting over ran the course before i made the turn
started off with 5 pars in a row then the bogey train pulled into the station
when i finally hit the sea of ppl the wheels fell off the bogey train and a couple of doubles decided to sneak in
ball striking is still "off" and i cant figure it out
i think i hit 2 pure shots all day
one was a crisp 5i and the other was a flush driver off the tee on 18

Shot 80 to day in the 20mph and bogeyed 18 that kept me from breaking 80 for the first time this season. stupid wind

Still tire quickly and start hitting bad shots but getting stronger. 78 39 39

Only got nine in this evening but it was my best nine of the year. Shot 35 with two birdies and one bogey. Only had 12 putts and no putt on No.9 as I chipped in from just off the green for one of my two birdies, both of which came on par fives. One of those days I wish I could have played the other nine.

Shot 80 to day in the 20mph and bogeyed 18 that kept me from breaking 80 for the first time this season. stupid wind

good round in that wind, the 70's are just around the corner.

Still tire quickly and start hitting bad shots but getting stronger. 78 39 39

Hang in there Lefty, you are progressing at a remarkable rate IMO. Great round today.

Thanks dawgdaddy. The wind always blows here so I'm starting to figure out how to play in it. Im hoping to be in the 70's soon

Only got nine in this evening but it was my best nine of the year. Shot 35 with two birdies and one bogey. Only had 12 putts and no putt on No.9 as I chipped in from just off the green for one of my two birdies, both of which came on par fives. One of those days I wish I could have played the other nine.

Good work Hoosier! I have yet to break par in any round, 9 or 18. I've been close, -1 through 7 then bogeyed 8 and 9 :banghead:
Keep up the good golf, hopefully I can do the same.

Shot a 38 (+2) on the front 9 of my course today after work.

Par, Double, Par, Double, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, Par.

Not the start I wanted but recovered somewhat.

Shot a bad 41 (+5) for 9 holes today.

Double, Par, Birdie, Bogey, Par, Double, Bogey, Par, Par

Last hole was a par 5, hit a nice drive and had 206 out, hit a nice 6 iron to about 17 feet and then 3 putted for par...

shot a wretched 44 in league. Went bogey, double, bogey, bogey, bogey, par, par, par, bogey. The front is a par 37. My putting was not very good at all and I just blew up on the first few holes. By the time I got in a rhythm, it was too late.

Played 14 holes yesterday and was +6 overall. I shot a 42 on the front with 2 double bogeys. 2 bogeys and 5 pars. Made the turn and my short game finally decided to show up. Played the 10-14th holes E with a one birdie and one bogey. My putting was streaky all day but overall its much better. I had a nice par save on the 14th hole (played the par 3 5th again). Hit a nice high flop over a bunker to about 8ft and made the par putt.

Sounds like some great scoresout there, but none from me for a while. Working like a dog, but need to, lol. League was called off last night anyway and more rain forcasted today/tomorrow.

Shot an 80 walking yesterday, needed bogey-par/par-bogey/whatever-combo to finish out and break 80. Lipped out on a 14 foot par putt after my only bad chip of the round. DAMN.

Fairways: 10/14
GIR's: 8
Putts: 33
Penalties: 0
Chips: 9
Bunker Shots: 3

Was a +3 39 on the front with 3 bogeys, a double, and two birdies. Was a +5 41 on the back with 5 bogeys. Only managed to birdie one of the 4 par 5's and that kind of sealed it for me. So, so, soooooooooooooooooooooo close to breaking 80. I want it so dang bad.

nice work JMAN, 10/14 fairways, must be that new driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back