Which hybrid/rescue should I choose??

Ake84

Keeping my balls warm!
Reaction score
Handicap
I`m not very happy with my current hybrids, they are the stock 3# and 4# that are sold with the Nike Slingshot set. I have a natural draw, and these hybrids work more or less like hook machines. I also think the heads are to big. I`m looking for hybrids to replace a 3 and 4 iron and not primarily to replace my woods. Any tips?

Adams Idea Pro are fantastic. I played a couple for a while but recently went to the 910h. The jury is still out on the 910h but I think it's going to replace my Idea Pro. I see you have a Nickent driver. The 3dx hybrid is another good one.

Mashie

Cobra rail hybrids. They are so easy to hit, they are as good as the mashie for me!

Dont forget the Rescue11

there are lots of really good hybrids out there right now soi say go hit a bunch and see which one fits your game best.

There are a ton of great options. I really like the Adams V3s. The Mashie is very easy to hit. My favorite is the Rescue 11s. If you look, you can probably find some Nike Sumo SQ hybrids for a steal.

Get...yo...Mashie...ooooonnnnnn!!!

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

I just hit a RAZR Hawk hybrid and it was butter.

If you have a natural draw already, I would be cautious of the Mashies and Machspeeds. As good as they are (and I like them), both are likely to exaggerate your draw. The TM rescues won't exaggerate a draw, but they do have larger heads. The Mizzy MX700's will give you similar performance, but again they have larger heads. I found both of these much better off the tee than off the turf.

A smaller head and a square almost open looking set up?

These. I know I know everyone recommends what they have- but seriously these have small heads and sit very square, no worries about hooking.They are fantastic off the turf/rough. Very shallow heads make it seem like the ball is teed up all the time no matter what the lie. They are not as long as the others, so the 3H 21* will give you exactly 3I distance, while the Mashies and TM Hybrids seem to go almost a club more than the equivalent irons. The shallow face will take a bit of adjustment, especially off the tee but they are truly easy straight consistant hybrids. Since buying them I have tried all kids of other brands but nothing has come close to kicking them out of the bag. Try to find a 21* on ebay or something and test it out.

Bobby Jones Hybrids
bobby_jones_hybrids_sole.jpg

Wilson Staff's new DXI hybrids are very good, they have smaller heads and i think less offset than most. My buddy has a bobby jones hybrid and he luvs it. I luv my Wilson Staff fybrids, they are so freakin easy to hit and can be had for $50 and less now, that is a STEAL.

Demo the Mashie, I did today and it is on my list.

I have used a few different ones and my favourite is the Mashie with the Cobra Rail H coming in a close second

I just finished testing several hybrids to replace my 5 iron, I like the rescue 11 and as you can tell I am a TM guy, but I really want to hit the new Adams redline series! They are supposed to be awesome.

Thanks for all the input, I will try to demo the ones that are available up here. Unfortunately demoing clubs are not that easy up here, not to many brands in the shops. But I took the trip to a shop yesterday and they recommended me the Razr x tour hybrid, because of little offset and versatility, anyone tried that one out?
The Booby Jones ones sounds good to, I am not really after the extra distance only closing gaps in my bag, I will try to see if I can find one.

Demo the Mashies! I got the M2 and M3 a month ago and couldn't be more satisfied. I normally draw the ball, and the Mashies do not accentuate it. Ball flight is nice, and they set up more "iron" like than my previous TM 2007 burner hybrids.

Another vote for a Mashie here, I can easily hit mine both ways depending on the shot required. I am not seeing any of the exaggerated draw flight that people keep mentioning

I have a Nickent 3dx and 4dx hybrid. Cant go wrong with these.

Demo the Mashies! I got the M2 and M3 a month ago and couldn't be more satisfied. I normally draw the ball, and the Mashies do not accentuate it. Ball flight is nice, and they set up more "iron" like than my previous TM 2007 burner hybrids.

Agree 100% still hit a baby cut with both the M1 & M3

plus 10 on the Mashie. I have two of them and Love them. just go Demo them and take your wallet.

The hybrids I hit would fit your criteria, although they are not mainstream popular, the Bridgestone J36 hybrid has very little offset & a smaller head. Check out some reviews on them then see if you can find some to demo. I think you will be very surprised and happy with your findings.

I wish I could demo them, but no stores in Norway carry them and the Norwegian retailer won`t even answer if it ever comes to us. So if I go for the mashie I will have to take your words for it.

I have a sweet spot for Nickent, and it would be fun to try out one of their hybrids as well. But which one is to prefer, 3dx, 4dx or 5dx?

Back