Adams Golf Demo Day Review

I was very impressed with the Adams Idea Tech V3 Hybrids. I hit the 4 hybrid several times and the ball flight and distance was gold for me. My Saturday a.m. playing partner (Spraytech) had the same hybrids in his bag. I hit his hybrid a couple of times and came away with some LOVE for the Adams V3 Hybrids!

I hit the a12 Hybrid on Demo Day because of the buzz going around the range. Incredible feel and added distance from this club but that may be from the Matrix Ozik shaft that it was paired with as well. Gained ten yards versus my current hybrid (Nike Ignite) and was able to work the ball from right to left with this club which is unheard of with the Nike.

The off-center hits were the downside here as I sprayed plenty of shots way right from hits off the toe and lost twenty yards when hit off the heel.

The glossy top finish was a bit distracting but still a great club if you can hit solid shots with plenty of consistency.

Idea Tech V3 Hybrids - Great looking hybrids that I felt didn't perform as well as they look. For some reason I don't hit Admas hybrids as well as other OEMs. Everything appeared to be low trajectory with a harder feel to it.

Redline Irons - Liked these quite a bit. Really liked the muted grey finish on these and the red graphics on the back go well with the overall finish. I found these to be a bit muted in feel but the performance of the irons was definitely long and accurate. A nice surprise from Adams!

Redline Hybrids - this was one of the largest hybrids I've ever seen, almost looked like a smaller 3w

I hit the Adams Redline 21° hybrid and have a big star by it on my notes. I found it to be easy to hit, long and accurate. It's funny because I have struggled to hit other 3 hybrids well but this was really easy for me. It definitely deserves a good look by anyone looking at hybrids.

I also hit the Adams V3 Tech 6 hybrid and liked it okay but not as well as I liked the Redline. I will say that the V3 was the first club I hit on demo day so my swing might not have been going too well just yet. Meant to go back and hit it again but just got overwhelmed with all the stuff to hit.

If anyone's thinking about buying (Adams or otherwise) PM me for a quote (discount). I'll get Mr. Blind 9 to chime in tonight on the hard goods.

Very nice! Great to read all of these reviews from the outing. Like everyone else, I'm taking notes on these reviews as I'm thinking about a new set of irons maybe this summer and I have no ruled out any brand.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to write this stuff!

Great stuff so far folks, this is why I love THP so much, I am not in the market for irons right now, but if I were, the Adams redline irons would have not even been on my radar.

+2. No way I would have been looking at these without this thread!

I think anybody looking for GI irons has to check these out. Glad they made it on your radar.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Speedline F11 Driver
I didn't love this driver, but I attribute most of that to the shaft. I was ballooning everything with this stick. It looked fine and sounded decent, but I just could not get it to launch at a reasonable height.

Redline Irons
I took out the PW and 6 iron and hit plent of shots with these. Like many already posted, these are very solid irons. Clean look, like the grey color and the cavity is pretty attractive too, red and all. This club has a really thick topline, much like the CG16s. I found the forgiveness of the clubs to be really really good. And they are plenty long too. Despite the fact they had light 85 gram stiff shafts, I did not experience any ballooning of the shots. Along with all the forgiveness, I still found the feel to be satisfying and the sound was decent too.

I would definitely put these on my radar if I were looking for new irons. They reminded me quite a bit of the CG16s.

A12 Hybrid
I like the size/shape of this head. I love the sound and trajectory of this hybrid when you hit it on the screws, but mis-hits were very penal. Definitely a hybrid for the pure ball striker, which I am not.

I really wanted to like the a12 Pro Hybrid , but that stiff shaft for me was like swinging a broom stick , wish there was a reg. flex to try .

The Redline set was very impressive , I liked the 4h , but it was a bit on the big side , was fairly easy to hit off the turf , but it requires a bit of a sweeping swing as I have a tendency to hit down on the ball , so my V3 4-6 hybrids best suit my swing due to a smaller head .

Now the Redline 6 iron was very nice , I hit a whole bucket of balls with it as it just begged to be hit , high straight long shots . I liked the set up at address ( has a slight off set ) , and the flat silver look was not a bad thing .
I think this Redline set will be a seller if people don't over look it , as it comes in 3 configurations I believe .

I was very impressed with the Adams Idea Tech V3 Hybrids. I hit the 4 hybrid several times and the ball flight and distance was gold for me. My Saturday a.m. playing partner (Spraytech) had the same hybrids in his bag. I hit his hybrid a couple of times and came away with some LOVE for the Adams V3 Hybrids!

Was able to try the redline 6 iron at the demo day and really hit this iron well, definitely something that needs to be looked at more for anyone in the market for new irons. I also got to try out Spraytech's V3 set while we played the Champions course on Sunday and really liked this set, the hybrids in this set are quite nice and even though I was catching most of my shots fat the distance was quite good and they went straight as an arrow. I didn't have much opportunity to hit anything lower then a 7 iron but I was impressed with what I did hit.

Hit the Redline irons off the board one last time. These babies are mine.

Truly a unique iron. If these had TM or Cally badging they'd be flying off the shelves. The feel is unlike many irons out there. If you are a snobby purist that needs that familiar blade butteryness look elsewhere. Redlines are soft all over. Mishits twist the hands a little without that annoying shock some irons send into your forearms. I love the finish on the clubs. Very Ping like. Cavity graphics could be better....may look good with them off....

Only decision is what hybrids to use since the included hybrids in the Redline set don't do the irons justice. Too bad these irons will be passed over by a lot people.

I didn't try out a lot of Adams stuff, as I rarely see any of their products for sale around here. Was repeatedly encouraged to try out the Redline irons though, and I'm really glad I did! In my opinion they left the other options I'd come up with in the dust. I literally had to start mishitting them on purpose to get an idea about forgiving properties. Love the way the felt. Crisp, long and forgiving. Couldn't stop hitting them really. Must've hit 20 different ironsets that day, and for me these came in at a clear 2nd only trumped much more expensive Yonex Ezones. I'm seriously considering getting a set.

I just got back from an Adams demo day. I went to get fitted for a set of CB2s. While I was there I tried the Redlines. I don't much care for the look of them, or the wide sole. But I hit them well. I quickly got used to the way they looked at set up, and I was able to hit them hard and straight. I could also execute a low, drawing punch shot (one of the few "shots" I have). I could draw them a bit, too. When I hit the CB2s and Redlines well the results were similar. The Redlines, of course, allowed me to get better results on mishits, while the CB2s let me know if it was off the toe and the shot drifted off to the right.

Bottom line is that I don't like the look of the Redlines, and that department store look is probably going to hurt sales badly, but they play much better than they look. They're solid through the hitting area, the balance feels very good, and I can see myself playing these (looks be damned). I went to get fitted for CB2s, but I ended up with a fitting for both the CB2s and the Redlines. I haven't yet decided between them (I still want to try some other clubs), but while the CB2s look nice and play well I can't help but think my scores and confidence will be better with the Redlines.

Order is in. Thanks Dennis and Patty at Blind9 for working with me! Both of you are an asset to us here at THP.

Order is in. Thanks Dennis and Patty at Blind9 for working with me! Both of you are an asset to us here at THP.

:snub::snub: ditching the MX-200?

i love mine...but havent hit the redlines yet, but cant imagine feeling better than the MX-200's...is it so?

Thanks for your support griff.

Speedline F11 Driver - This driver is sneaky long. The sound seems to downplay the distance, but it is for sure one of the best distance drivers on the market. I was not a fan of the Fast 10 driver, but the F11 is a big improvement in both performance and feel.

Speedline F11 FW Woods - I really liked hitting the F11 fairway woods, especially the Titanium version. The slot on the top seems like it would be distracting, but you get used to it after a just a few hits. Forgiving and pretty long, the air passing through the velocity slot makes a slight whistle when you put a fast swing on it. The whistle isn't all that noticeable, but it surprised me when I first heard it. The ball seems to come off hotter off the titanium model and I found it to be slightly longer and more forgiving than the steel head.

Idea Tech V3 Hybrids - amazing hybrids that are easy to hit and very effective out of the rough.

Idea Tech V3 Irons - I find the V3 Hybrid irons to be a bit thick for my liking, but the V3 Forged irons are great performers. Our issue here is the finish on the V3 irons - I don't play enough where it would be an issue, but we have had customers giving us their feedback on the wear of the black finish. It's a different finish than the CB1/CB2/Puglielli Wedge.

Redline Irons - This set replaces the A4/A7 line, but Adams is really going after the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons. With the speed slot in the back, I found these to be about a club longer than the A4 irons that I am currently gaming. I still prefer the topline and look of the A4, but the Redline irons is more forgiving, longer and might very well make it into my bag.

Puglielli Black Wedges - Adams has been putting out some good wedges and this one is no exception. Underrated, but it has sold well this year and Adams is currently backordered on these wedges until mid-July.

I went to an Adams demo day and tied the 3W F11 in both steel and Ti. I found the Ti to be better overall (feel essentially, unsure about distance) than the steel and also to have a higher launch. Of this year's 3w, I'd the F11 ranks #3 behind Diablo Octane and Cleveland FL.

:snub::snub: ditching the MX-200?

i love mine...but havent hit the redlines yet, but cant imagine feeling better than the MX-200's...is it so?

Believe it or not I prefer the Redline feel. No artery clogging buttery bliss with the Adams. They are completely different and unique. They give me more forgiveness and distance as well. The 200's aren't going anywhere. It's like buying a new car in this case. What I have works fine, but I got the feeling I could do better.

I'll throw in my impressions of the F11 Driver. Basically, it didn't suit me. I think it's probably a great driver, but for me the look of it brought doubt into my swing. The face is deep, but doesn't look very wide by comparison, and it seemed overly curved. I felt like I had to hit it right on the apex of the curve. The head itself has an odd, off-center shape that messed with my alignment. The overall effect was that I felt like I had to put a near-perfect swing on this club. I did get a few good shots from it, but it somehow felt lucky instead of expected--not what I want when I'm staring down a tree-lined hallway of a fairway.

By way of comparison, I'm currently playing a Mizuno MX-700 driver. Even though I have a tendency toward nasty hooks and the MX-700 sits with a closed club face, I can still position it with confidence at address. I just never got there with the F11. For anyone who doesn't mind the look of the F11, though, it may be a good club.

I hit the Redline Hybrids, the Idea Tech V3 Hybrids and irons, the Speedline Fastline Driver

First the Hybrids. Frankly I didn't like the Redlines at all. I didn't hit them well, they didn't feel very good in my hand and after about 6 balls that went no where, I put the club down. The Idea Tech V3 was better. It was OK from a feel standpoint but didn't wow me. I absolutely HATED the irons. They felt clunky, heavy, stiff, and there was almost no distance difference for me iron to iron.

The Speedline Driver I like a lot. I hit it pretty good and while a few folks have mentioned the sound being funny, I didn't notice it. One thing I did notice is it feels really balanced at the bottom and top of my swing and feels like it is "pulling" you through your swing. It was kind of a cool feel. When I get back to looking for a driver, this is going on my list of serious looks.

So, the A12 hybrids. Are we talking like the filling the gap between the Pro Black and the V3's?

On one hand the shiny cut out looks kind of annoying but it's hard to argue with adams and making a solid hybrid. Even more so, one that doesn't have to be reshafted. Lookins like OEM is pondering them to replace his Mashies. Is anyone else feeling them that strongly?

So, the A12 hybrids. Are we talking like the filling the gap between the Pro Black and the V3's?

I believe that the A12 hybrids are the replacement to the Pro Black hybrids. Most of the Adams tour staffers have switched over to the A12.

Finally getting around to laying down my thoughts on the Adams line of clubs that were at the THP Outing. Thanks again for all of the clubs you sent out. My only disappointment was I did not have a chance to hit all of them.

Speedline F11 Driver Really like the look of this driver. It reminds me of a shark cruising through the ocean with those Aerodynamic Fins (Velocity Slot Technology) on the driver. The ball just jumped off the face and I loved the sound.

Speedline F11 FW Woods My only issue with this club is it seemed to dig into the ground more for me than other fairway woods. I think that slot on the bottom had an adverse affect on my shots.

Idea Tech V3 Hybrids Very sharp and very good hybrid. Loved the color and the performance I got from this club. It gave me a nice low piercing ball flight.

Idea Tech V3 Irons I did not get a chance to hit these.

Redline Irons & Redline HybridsI was looking forward to hitting these because of all of the commercials touting their length. I didn't experience significant gains in length, they were about the same. But I liked the irons and they suited my eye and the ball flight was nice. The feedback was good and when I missed it a shot I wasn't punished with a horrible result. A solid set of irons and hybrids.

Puglielli Black Wedges I did not get a chance to hit these.

Adams Pro a12 Hybrids I did not get a chance to hit these.

My A12 hybrid arrived today. I can't wait to hit it!

Back