Your Top Putting Rules/Preferences

I try to find a spot thats in my line, and then line up based off of that spot. Usually about 10-12 inches in front of the ball. Then I also figured out that I don't push as many putts if I hold my hands on the out side of the putter grip. In other words, I sort of pinch the putter shaft between my fingers and palm. So when you look at my hands holding the putter there is a gap between my fingers and palms. instead of a full closed grip. I seen some one putting this way while watching golf on tv but can't remember who it was. Since then I've been putting that way, and i seem to do better than I did.

Didn't read all the posts, but Has any of you seen golfers putt with their hands the opposite? I believe it's a cross grip. But not sure.

Spot aiming is what saved me. If I stand over the ball and try to aim, my eyes will make me aim literally 45* to the right everytime. I have to get behind the ball first and find a spot to target or I'll be way off. When I address the ball I'm only thinking about speed and that spot. When I address the ball, I never look back at the hole cuz it'll just throw me off. The hole will be a few feet to the left of where I first expect it to be.

Cross handed isn't bad. It's how I was first taught to putt because my dad read somewhere that Arnold Palmer said if he had to do it all over again, he'ld learn to putt cross handed. Its good, locks the hands up and forces a simple shoulder turn instead. The only reason I stopped was a cold streak that I blaimed (wrongly) on the grip.

I try to find a spot thats in my line, and then line up based off of that spot. Usually about 10-12 inches in front of the ball. Then I also figured out that I don't push as many putts if I hold my hands on the out side of the putter grip. In other words, I sort of pinch the putter shaft between my fingers and palm. So when you look at my hands holding the putter there is a gap between my fingers and palms. instead of a full closed grip. I seen some one putting this way while watching golf on tv but can't remember who it was. Since then I've been putting that way, and i seem to do better than I did.

Didn't read all the posts, but Has any of you seen golfers putt with their hands the opposite? I believe it's a cross grip. But not sure.

I putt crosshanded when close (under 10ft) it evens my shoulders and give me a Tad more control. The strangest thing i do that makes people laugh is, if it is just too far away and I know I am 3 putting anyways, I go to a reg grip and just hit it. It usually works out that i will land within 2-3ft. I think it is because I don't over analyze the putt. :D

I use Tapatalk.

Trust the line. Too often I try to guide the putt by twisting or decelerating. Once I pick my line I try to stay with it and be aggressive. I will be switching to a center shafted putter soon, either a Pick em Up or a Backstryke. Both promote a forward press that helps me finish the putt.

I tried the Odyssey #7 CS and really liked it but found it difficult to line up the putt with such a small centerline mark. I have gone to a Backstryke Marxman (for 1 round) and found a big difference in the way I putt now (it could only get better). I do believe this is a real keeper.

I only use a sight line on short straight putts. I like to feel the speed and the amount of break on the others. If I put a sight line on it and I don't think it matches up with what I 'feel' I start second guessing myself and usually miss...

I have become totally dependent on the RST of SeeMore. I also like the alignment aid on the top-line and not the rear flange.

My number one rule of putting is if the moment doesn't feel right, don't putt. If there is any doubt, don't roll the putt. Step back and collect. You may get jeered a little bit, especially if you miss the putt, but at least you were ready.

Back