Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
Now I know this is a hot topic around here but I'm just curious. Most people really think that hitting into nets is worse than not hitting at all in the winter? I understand it can create a bad swing, but not if you setup a camera, work on better contact. I personally like hitting into my net during the week in between rounds just to keep a good swing but the winter its just nice to hit and work on stuff. It personally led to a much better year since I worked on hitting a better draw/fade and just get a more consistent swing.

Debate away!

There's a net in the gym at my school. I'll be hitting into it all winter. I think it's good. It only leads to a bad swing if you don't focus. I think if you pay attention, it can lead to keeping your swing in shape with a much smaller adjustment period come springtime.

I dont' hit off mats. My hands can't take it. I've considered getting a net and a mat for my daughter to hit in the garage, but a really good mat is pricey. I just bought her a three month unlimited membership for $96.00 at a range that has heated bays. The usual price is $298.00. The guy ran a special based on how many games the Brewers would win in the regular season. I think that's a steal. That will be better.

Kevin

See Esox, I would love one of those around here. Not even a simulator around here(would have to travel atleast 45 minutes just to hit at GG) winters really suck around here. But that certainly is a heck of a steal haha

See Esox, I would love one of those around here. Not even a simulator around here(would have to travel atleast 45 minutes just to hit at GG) winters really suck around here. But that certainly is a heck of a steal haha

She has a lot of swing work to do, and at this price she'll be able to hit thousands of balls at half speed to learn to drop into the slot and release her hands through impact. She takes lessons in a dome, but to hit balls there is $12.00 an hour. That adds up quickly.

Kevin

I hit into my net just to maintain contact and tempo skill during the winter...30 minutes once a week.

I hit into my mat all winter. It has never hurt me in the past. I am taking lessons all winter too. That will help to stay focused.

I don't like nets myself and would never own one, but to each his own. Our PGA pro (who has been so for 45+ years) thinks nets for golf could be the worse golf invention ever. Just a matter of opinion. I don't want to hit any shots I can not see finish. I play somewhere between 150 and 200 rounds a year and this year was no exception, so I look forward to the down time. My course is only open until the 8th of November and I may play a few rounds after that is the weather stays good, and then I will move to my winter hobbies and put golf on the back burner until spring. With the long winter layoff's I never have any problems get right back in the groove in the spring. A putter will be the only clubs I touch this winter.

I play golf outside in the winter.

Nets are great for at the least chipping and keeping hand eye coordination....if/when I want to do full swinging I have access to a range that's open year round with heated bays

Back