Favorite shot shape

• Fade

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Straight when possible

Votes: 74 56.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 43 32.6%

• Total voters
I try to avoid shaping shots as much as possible. When I overestimate my talent and try to get shot shape crazy, I usually get brought down to earth pretty quickly.

I have fallen in love with a nice baby draw. It looks so good in the air.

I used to hit a draw and loved that ball flight. Lately I've learned to embrace the fade. I find it much easier to hit that shot shape now.

Straight in my book. I do get excited a little when I do hit a draw because it just looks pretty.

My natural shot shape is a draw with my woods and irons. Growing up in junior golf I hit a draw with all my clubs, about five years ago I really started working on eliminating the draw from my driver which has lead to some inconsistency and the occasional two-way miss rounds. I'm getting close though and the driver has been coming around in recent weeks, I feel that a slight cut off the woods is a more desirable ball flight when more distance isn't the goal. I know I am going to par or birdie a hole 95% of the time if I am sitting in the short grass and I think a slight cut puts me in play more often. I still play a slight draw with my irons but that part of my game is peaking beyond belief right now and its not something I am ever going to mess with.

My least favorite is when I decide I'm going to finally hit a draw, so I set up to the right a bit and then hit a perfectly straight ball where I'm pointed.

My least favorite is when I decide I'm going to finally hit a draw, so I set up to the right a bit and then hit a perfectly straight ball where I'm pointed.

Ain't that a b!tch. For me its usually the opposite, set up for some fade and draw or hit it straight. Hence my instructor at golftec telling me right away to take the left side out of play.

--
tapatalk

i'm surprised at the number of people that prefer a draw. Wonder what the ratio is of people who prefere the draw to people who can actually hit a controlled draw....

A nice, high, soft draw is such a pretty thing to see

My old baby draw has turned into a baby fad or worst these days, so anything straight is fine by me.

I think most would/should just be happy with straight.

I'm not sure if it's a shot shape but I loved seeing the ball rocket out and then slowly rise to the crest, then just drop out of the sky. I forget which legend had this shot (Jack?) but it was awesome to watch it rise and then just drop.

I agree with this. There's nothing like hitting one pure and seeing that beautiful slow rising, then apexing shot. I don't hit it all that often, so i always enjoy it's appearance

My favorite shot shape is a baby draw. Not because I like the shape, really, but because it means I'm getting through the ball and releasing properly. For me, I mean. If I felt the same with a straight ball-flight then that would be my favorite, same for fade. But when I'm hitting on all cylinders, it's baby-draw. :smile:

Slight draw for me! I have worked hard on my in to out swing this year, and seeing the draw makes me know I am doing something right haha!

I voted for a fade.

Reason being, although I love it when it goes straight, we all know that's not going to be normal for me! If I can get it to fade the same on every (most) of my shots, I am going to score well that day. I'm more likely to be consistent with a fade over a straight shot.

I want to be able to hit a draw on command, not just when I am setting up for a fade!

My favorite shot shape is straight. But if I had to choose between a fade and a draw it would be a draw for sure. Probably just because serious golfers draw the ball lol. Honestly though, it seems like a fade can quickly lose a lot of distance, and can quickly turn into a slice.

I usually hit a fade, but I'm getting where I can hit a draw more on demand. I love when I hit a nice draw though I'm getting my fade out there too now so I'm happy as long as it's in the short stuff.

I say draw because it seems all my friends misses are "power fades" or slices. So if and when I hit a draw intentionally it looks and feels great.

I like straight when possible, but my natural shot is almost always a slight draw.

Love the way a draw looks even though I can't hit it. That's probably why I like it.

My favorite shot shape is a draw but I can really only hit a fade... maybe that's why I like a draw so much.

"When possible", indeed. Some days, I do hit them straight, and those are the days I do well on the course and enjoy the round.

Right now my shot shape is a fade, and its repeatable so that has my vote.

Back