ozgolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
I got to the range this week. I have been fighting some poor ball striking, and was hoping to get back on track.

I had felt that my weight transfer was poor, almost reverse pivoting.

I went over the basics, and in checking my setup I realized I had very little knee flex.

With that slight change, I saw a big difference in contact and ballflight. By keeping my right knee flex during the backswing, my pivot was better, and I felt my leg action was better through the ball.

Does that make sense, or am I clutching at straws?

Eureka moment!

You discovered a huge factor in effective weight transfer, rotational stability and power transfer.

I could rattle off all the things that a properly flexed right knee can do for your swing, but instead I'll just summarize them with the phrase "you've gotta load in order to explode." A braced yet flexed right leg allows you the stable backswing coil to effectively use that stored up energy to maximize your speed on the way down.

Nice discovery,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara

"you've gotta load in order to explode."

I like that ... could be an easy swing thought for me to remember.... one of my many flaws is swaying off the ball..... maintaining that flex may help me stay over the ball

Thanks

My other big flaw is hanging back with my upper body through impact. Any good drills for turnings left hip through and getting my sternum more over the ball at impact? I have a big reverse c going on.

Back