What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a bridgestone treosoft today... it didnt hook or slice on me so that was a plus and that ball checked really hard when i hit shots onto the green

srixon z star xv courtest of 10yarddraw

hit it well, was solid around the greens, I did notice it seemed like a very heavy ball weight wise compared to like a prov1 and penta

Z-Star yellow. I had a horrid ball striking day (except with my Mashies) as it was my first round back from an injury that's had me out over a month. But, as a not very long hitter to begin with, I rely on my short game a lot at the best of times. It was fantastic around the greens, put many chips very close, and ended up with 14 putts for 9 holes including a 3 putt. My 47 could easily have been a 55 (or a 44, chunked an 8i on a par 3 then bladed the follow up for a lost ball and 7), so I'll be giving it more time on the course.

I unintentionally played my entire round with a Callaway TOURi.... Not a bad ball at all.. Cover looks pretty mangled after 16 holes, but I guess that isn't a real surprise.

Played about 100 range balls today, they felt like rocks and Im thinking i lost some distance off the tee. Over all not very impressed.

Well lads, not a ball I played in last round as not used one yet for real. Went for Bridgestone ball fitting today.
All i can say is that it was well worth the 30min dash up the motorway. Hit current 20XI and really obvious that way too much backspin and high side launch angle. Was given B330-S to hit and dropped 2500rpm straight away and better launch angle. Should therefore be more consistent.
I am a convert. Go get fitted folks.
Will bash one around course tomorrow.

sent using Tapatalk for Android

Yellow z star, I finally get to try my pentas tomorrow

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Just ordered some TaylorMade Penta TP's to try, they won't be here for my next round sadly but I hope to try them out as soon as they arrive

Nike mojo. Great of the tree. Really unforgiving on the green. Shot an 80 so I can't complain

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I played the Nike 20X1 again and I must say I am liking this ball more and more. I was constantly 10 yards longer than my playing partner, who typically out drives me by 10 yards. The responsiveness off the wedges was great. It's been raining everyday the past week so conditions where a little soft. I was able to control the spin very well. I was even able to stop a five iron from 215 with in 3feet of it's pitch mark.

Played a poorly maintained par 3 today that doesn't really have greens so I just used some Nike PD Longs I had laying around. Like their name suggests the distance was good, but think I would stick to a better ball whenever I play a course with "real" greens.

Played the Bridgestone B330 RX today. At this point I think the E6 performs just as well for me overall and with the price difference it is a no brainer. The course has been really wet and the greens are slow so the fact that the E6 rolls out a little more isn't such a bad thing. I hit a few wedge shots that checked up too quickly for me today.

Not the entire round, but I found an as new 2011 Pro-V1x on the course and decided to play it for a bit. After four holes, I gave up on it and gave it to my buddy. Not a bad ball but nothing inspiring, either. Nowhere near as long as the B330 is for me.

Spins good, pretty accurate off of irons and wedges, putts ok. But off driver, I didn't like it. Also found it to be affected by the wind more than the Bridgestone.

I also found a Penta and played it for a couple of holes in order to see if my past impressions held true. They did. LOVE the ball in every other facet other than off the tee with driver. With driver, it balloons at times and has too much spin for my tastes. I must admit, it's the best ball for my short-game that I've ever played. But its play off driver is a deal-breaker.

Once again, when I switched back to the B330, I found my comfort-zone. I love the B330 and am not looking to switch. Curiosity got me with the Pro-V1x as I haven't hit a Pro-V since the star (*) years ago, remember that one?

Love the B330. Sensational distance off the tee, very good in the wind. Although not spectacular, it's solid all-around in every other facet.

Played a Callaway Hx tour for some 14 holes today and really enjoyed that ball. Great distance of the irons, good feel and decent spin around the greens. Absolutely a ball I would consider playing again.

Played a brand new ProV1 for the first time today. I had played used ones before and didn't find them to be that great. The new ones were great! Great feel and response on every shot and started playing it on hole 6 and still have it!

1 B330-RX in optic yellow. Still could go another round with it. It's a bit scuffed, but in decent shape. I'll probably retire it to the practice bin until I get desperate.

Played a 2010 prov1x today for an entire round. I don't know if it was the greens or the ball or maybe both but man I love this ball over the regular pro v1. I just love the softer feel I guess

After having Bridgestone fitting yesterday I put the B330-S into play today.

A marked difference from the 20XI. Flying with a far more penetrating flight and still stopping very well. Feel off club was darn near that of Pro V. Not clicky either off putter.

Difficult to judge whether any further than Nike as not on home course today but gut feeling was that it was longer. Will see for sure on Wednesday.

I will certainly be sticking with these balls for the forseable future anyway.

Played in a scramble today and used TaylorMade Pentas.

I really loved these balls, and I noticed a HUGE difference compared to the usual Nike's I play. It had a better feel of the tee, and I was getting some crazy distance off my Irons.

Going to try out the Bridgestone B330's this Wednesday and see what my thoughts between the two.

Tried the Bridgestone e5 and quickly became a convert!

TM Penta. Very first shot was a short par 3, and the wedge shredded the cover. Proceeded to play with it for another 14 or so holes. It was ok, I'd play it rather than ProV1 simply because the Pentas are cheaper. Still not as deadly around the green as the Callaway Tour iS.

Bridgestone B330S today, whilst it is a nice ball, it's not the one for me. Prefer the feel of the B330-RX over this one.

Hoping my Penta TP's arrive in tome for my next round so that I can see how they perform, and I have high hopes for them

Used the ProV1 that I used yesterday and still have it after another 18 holes. After shooting a 71 it is going into retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back