2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need your help then, all of a sudden I am a lousy bunker player.

No, you def don't need my help. I can get out. I didn't say it was pretty or near the pin. I occasionally have a good one but most of the time I just get out.

Well, I can still get out, just not anywhere near the hole. I have one more lesson with Eric and I plan to get some help on this from him then. Gotta be playing the bunker shots in Orlando instead of just hitting them.

Have you played the south/west or north/west combo yet? The west is fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to assume you are talking about the East, as they dont have a west course that I know about.

What teams are these?

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

OEM takes a vacation and comes back as skim shady! Hahaha

LOL, OEM is so out of the loop.

I'm gonna have to get my post count up so that I can hang with SethO :alien:

You always got me CB. We will grab him and force him to hang with us!

We didn't make the cutoff OG. You know me, I'm always pessimistic about these things filling up quickly and THP'ers proved me wrong. It's a great day to see an outing full 10 months in advance.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

What?!? This is a joke right?

We didn't make the cutoff OG. You know me, I'm always pessimistic about these things filling up quickly and THP'ers proved me wrong. It's a great day to see an outing full 10 months in advance.

I didn't make the cutoff either, I just can't commit to this 10 months in advance. I am excited for all of those that will be a part of the event, and maybe if there are some drop-outs or an expansion in the event, I'll be able to join in after a few more months.

OEM takes a vacation and comes back as skim shady! Hahaha

You always got me CB. We will grab him and force him to hang with us!

What?!? This is a joke right?

Its no joke homey

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Just realized I haven't posted in here yet that the Mrs and I are returning for round 3 of THP Outing goodness. Can't wait to hear the details of the competition and all the other planned activities.

And the Mrs is at least as excited as me to get back to the outing. She kept pestering me until I signed us up again. Can't complain about that!

great news!

Im going to make what might be an unpopular post right now. The THP Golf Outing is considered by many, the ultimate weekend of golf. Demo Day, Contests, Banquet Dinner, Rounds of golf at a tour level course, and so much more. We are thrilled to death that so many have decided to spend their hard earned money and come be a part of the festivities.

We dont ask for much in return other than a couple of things.
If you participate in demo day, leave feedback about the equipment you tried.
And be an active participant on the THP Forums.

I dont think that is too much to ask for and I really do not think it is too hard to make a post every now and then and/or stay active in the forum. The amount of hard work that goes into these weekends dealing with over 50 companies, as well as the resort is not easy and it is the reason that we announce them so early.

This is not about those bringing guests. That is to be expected and we think that is wonderful. This is about the people that have signed up for the outing, but are really not a part of this forum. All we ask is that you become a part of it. This is not a golf weekend. This is the THP Golf Outing & Demo Day. A weekend for THP members.

Im not calling anybody out and I am not singling anybody out. All we ask is that you check in and chat with people and let them know you are coming. Be a part of the forum. Talk about this game we all love. And lastly, be a part of the community that hosts this event.

As I said above, I dont think it is a lot to ask for. However if you feel as though that it is too much trouble, send myself or GolferGal a private message. We would be happy to discuss it privately rather than publicly. It is important to us that this event stays a part of the THP Forum because without participation, one key part of this weekend that many love will go away.

We never wanted to set out and make standards or something of the sort to qualify for these weekends. Things such as minimum posts, or posts per month average. We assumed that signing up for such a weekend would mean people would want to be a part of the community. But we are quickly learning that it is not the case.

I will hop off this rant now, just please understand that this weekend means the world to myself and GolferGal as well as many of the people here. Those that are not active have plenty of time to be active between now and the outing. We hope they decide to do so. Thanks for listening.

THis is the LEAST we can do for THP, for all you guys have done for everyone else, its not asking much for people to post their feedback of what they try out.

THis is the LEAST we can do for THP, for all you guys have done for everyone else, its not asking much for people to post their feedback of what they try out.

That is not really all this post is about MD. It is about the outing being for active forum members. Yet there appears to be quite a few that have signed up that do not post on the forum.

I'm sure it will pickup Jb just needed to give them a kick in the pants hehe

Tap tap taparoo

That is not really all this post is about MD. It is about the outing being for active forum members. Yet there appears to be quite a few that have signed up that do not post on the forum.

And that screwed me out of my spot lol. Jk I shouldn't of procrastinated

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Im going to assume you are talking about the East, as they dont have a west course that I know about.

My bad, I meant the east. Have you played it yet?

My bad, I meant the east. Have you played it yet?

Absolutely. Played them all. Before joining a club it was pretty important for us to try out each of the 45 holes and the practice holes. A lot of times I will head over to the Academy and hit balls, then play the 3 practice holes, and then play the East, since it is over that way. Then call it a day.

If im being honest that really really bugs me, they are basically taking away a spot from active members that deserves to go, i know its still early but you would think they would at least post in here that they signed up, just annoys me

Hearing about your day Jb it makes me glad I'm planning on becoming a lawyer so I will have money to join a nice club like this

Tap tap taparoo

Hearing about your day Jb it makes me glad I'm planning on becoming a lawyer so I will have money to join a nice club like this

Tap tap taparoo

As we said in the review section, Grand Cypress is the best deal in town. Its a resort and their membership for locals is outstanding cost wise. We scouted just about every club in Orlando for what we wanted and what we were willing to spend and Grand Cypress had them all beat by a pretty good margin.

Then we knew instantly that it should host a THP Golf Outing & Demo Day, so that we could share the resort and courses with our family of forum members.

I'm gonna have to get my post count up so that I can hang with SethO :alien:

Yeah, you better get that post count up or I will be giving you dirty looks all weekend haha. I am very stoked to meet ya bro. My post count is very small compared to some of my friends here.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

<rant>

It really stinks out loud that there are people that are active that are going to miss this outing! This place is kind of like an extended family to me. The few times that I have reached out for support for my pitiful life I have received support from the active members. JB was quite nice in his post that he thought would be perceived negatively. I'm not gonna be quite so nice!

If you signed up for this outing, and you find it too difficult to be active in the forum... Bow out gracefully. I know we all have lives and that we (including myself) aren't active every day of the week. But seriously if you can't find time once in a while to post here and there, then you don't deserve the privileged to join in the wonderment that is a THP outing. I, and many like me, am working my arse off to meet fellow golfers that are as enamored with this game, and more importantly other MEMBERS. It would truly be a shame not to meet someone because of you!

If I crossed a line please feel free to delete my post. It's how I feel, and I stand behind it.

</rant>

Yeah, you better get that post count up or I will be giving you dirty looks all weekend haha. I am very stoked to meet ya bro. My post count is very small compared to some of my friends here.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Really looking forward to meeting you too man. It was really too bad it didn't happen in May, but this time I hear you can't be stopped.

Lets not be too hard on people.
Lets hope the message was received and we get to see some participation.
If not, we will cross that bridge when it comes.

Jb is right and he's excited about this outing a lot. Let's celebrate that it's full and full of first timers. This is a good thing for THP.

Message received and understood. Like I said in my OP on the subject, I hope I didn't cross a line.

Message received and understood. Like I said in my OP on the subject, I hope I didn't cross a line.

I don't think you did at all dude. I like the honesty and I'm glad you get to experience the outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back