The Feherty Show.

I really enjoyed the show. I'll be watching every week. It was clever, witty and fun. He is a very good interviewer as well.

This really should be a 30 minute show, followed by the Feherty show where they followed him playing golf on course giving his opinion of how to make shots. I saw that show once where he was playing a links course, and found it entertaining and informative.

I think it is going to be a 30 minute show. I thought they said it was a special one hour premier episode last night.

Yeah it's normally going to be 30 minutes, and I agree that it should be.

I echo a lot of the same thoughts expressed in this thread. Trevino was indeed epic, could listen to him all day. Looking forward to Feherty's future interviews. Thought the man on the street thing was dumb. Enjoyed the Harold Henning joke, yeah it was obvious, but I thought that was part of the joke, part of the build up that it went on and on while you knew it was coming.

I thought the opening and the music aren't all that enjoyable, feherty talking to birds and all, just seemed cheesy. I like that Feherty was so deep and honest with his addiction story, i think he wanted to just be up front with everything, but I wouldn't enjoy him doing a segment like that every show.

I liked it, but I like Feherty. There were some bad things and some dumb things, but it's the first show and I think there's enough potential in what they did that if given the time to work out the kinks, it could be a really good show.

Pretty cool show, I didn't know he was going through all that stuff before. I wonder if he's going to ask everyone he interviews about all the Tiger drama.

I just finished watching the first show with Lee T and it was great. David is a natural at this. I see this show as being a huge hit for him. How could you not want to spend the day with him. Can't wait for the next show in a hour. Should be great. I give it a 10.

I'm not quite sure I trust anyone who doesn't like David Feherty. Big fan of him and the first show. I'll concede it is almost impossible to go wrong with Lee Trevino, however.

I watched it tonight and it was an awesome show. One of my new favorites.
I had no idea Lee Trevino started playing when he was 19 and was so good in his day.

Great first show. I loved it, my 16 year old son loved it. He had read about Trevino, but had not had the chance to see an interview like that of him. What great stories. Keep the great guests coming. Really, you could probably do 5 Trevino shows in a row.

The show wasn't terrible, but it was far from fantastic. I still get the feeling he's forcing it.

I'm not against the bio stuff about the addiction, but it could have been a little more real. Sorry, but no one, and I mean no one, drinks two to three bottles of whiskey and takes 40 painkillers a day. Of if they did, they're now dead.

Kevin

It was alright. One of those things I will watch when nothing is on.

The show wasn't terrible, but it was far from fantastic. I still get the feeling he's forcing it.

I'm not against the bio stuff about the addiction, but it could have been a little more real. Sorry, but no one, and I mean no one, drinks two to three bottles of whiskey and takes 40 painkillers a day. Of if they did, they're now dead.

Kevin
You wouldn't believe what addicts go through and can survive. It's entirely possible.

Kevin

Does the name Keith Richards ring any bells?

I had the pleasure of interviewing David Feherty a day after the 2000 PGA Championship on a talk show I was doing at the time. A very funny guy, but also very down to earth and fun to talk with. I didn't get to see the first show just yet, but I think this could become a very good show.

Does the name Keith Richards ring any bells?

Perfect example right there!

LOL I was just thinking about when he was on the golf course asking people questions and he started talking about the chode. At first I was like wait did he really just say that? Then he said it again and I started laughing so hard. Then when he described it for that person I completely lost it.

I'm not quite sure I trust anyone who doesn't like David Feherty. Big fan of him and the first show. I'll concede it is almost impossible to go wrong with Lee Trevino, however.

That's fitting, because I struggle to respect the opinion of anyone who gushes over him. Feherty is a poor walking analyst who offers very little insight or specifics. He waffles virtually every time Nantz or Faldo asks about the requirements of a particular shot, and is incredibly lazy and vague when describing how the ball lies. Roger Maltbie is light years more talented and conscientious in that particular aspect.

Feherty following Tiger's group is golf broadcasting at its worst. He was transfixed beyond repair more than a decade ago, and now laps up every Tiger swing. The example I gave earlier was not invented or singular. More than once a couple of years ago Feherty gushed that a Tiger 3 putt was a "great 3 putt."

If you tape CBS and NBC golf broadcasts with Tiger involved and watch them back to back weeks or months later, it's startling how CBS protects Tiger swing after swing, with Feherty the prime offender: "Not too bad."

Years ago Feherty was outstanding at situational humor, an immediate ironic twist when playing off someone else's words. And that's still by far his best role. Unfortunately, the positive reaction to his unique style convinced Feherty he needed to attempt humor every time his mike was open, and it's been a sad decline, nearly a parody of his former self, not completely dissimilar to Gary McCord's over the top free fall, although their styles differ. There are threads of this type on one golf forum after another. And the trends are remarkable, a significant group who caught Feherty's overboard transition quickly and weren't shy to point out how unfortunate it was. Others hear the name Feherty and associate a positive opinion regardless of what comes out of his mouth. You get the feeling a decade could pass and they wouldn't notice.

In this new show Golf Channel producers somehow decided that Feherty could approximate a Craig Ferguson type opening scene. He bombed miserably. You could tell he had no chance when he resorted to the prop, the chicken. There's a difference between funny and golf funny.

I am encouraged the show moves to 30 minutes, not an hour. This show still has potential if the opening scene is ejected, along with any threat of monologue or skit. Open immediately with Feherty alongside the interview subject and let them chat.

Listening to Trevino's life on Feherty is ridiculous. What a life he has lived! And to not pick up a club till 19 y/o and be that darned good! Wow!

The Lee Travino interview is in full length (I think) on the Golf Channel web site, for all off us that don`t have the possibility to watch the Golf Channel.

I watched this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought the parts where it was Feherty talking to the animals was weird and a time filler, the couple of joke segments seemed like a time filler as well. But, the part where he was talking about his past was very interesting and Lee Trevino is THE MAN!!! One of my all time favorite golfers and this just reinforced why he is so beloved! I grew up having my dad tell me that I should learn to hit a fade. He said all of the greats hit a fade, Jack hit a fade, Trevino hit a fade. Then he would always say "I decided that if I wanted to be a good golfer, I needed to hit a fade. Trevino says "You can talk to a fade, but a draw won't listen"." I will remember those words til the day I die. PS. I finally decided that it was in my best interest to hit a fade. Dang I am stubborn :D

I watched this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought the parts where it was Feherty talking to the animals was weird and a time filler, the couple of joke segments seemed like a time filler as well. But, the part where he was talking about his past was very interesting and Lee Trevino is THE MAN!!! One of my all time favorite golfers and this just reinforced why he is so beloved! I grew up having my dad tell me that I should learn to hit a fade. He said all of the greats hit a fade, Jack hit a fade, Trevino hit a fade. Then he would always say "I decided that if I wanted to be a good golfer, I needed to hit a fade. Trevino says "You can talk to a fade, but a draw won't listen"." I will remember those words til the day I die. PS. I finally decided that it was in my best interest to hit a fade. Dang I am stubborn :D

Love the power fade! Learn to embrace it Teeth!

The more and more I watch/read about and from Lee Trevino, the more I lament not being old enough to remember and appreciate him at his prime. I thought Trevino was the star of show #1. Feherty himself was almost unbearable to watch as a host. I appreciate his story and struggles with addiction, but at no point did I feel sympathic towards him. Perhaps this is the fault of the show producers, but they make him out to be somewhat of a jacka$$. On course he is good, but that's because it's in small doses. When he was telling his "fast golfer" joke, it took every ounce of will power for me not to change the channel.

Thought the first episode was awesome, he's my fav by far as well...

Sent From My Droid Incredible

Love the power fade! Learn to embrace it Teeth!

Yeah the only problem is when we played together, it would not fade! My iron s hot were dead straight and inevitably I was in a green side bunker. My shoes still have sand in them from that round :D

Back