RICOH British Open Championship

Interesting...lead group is on the clock. Rules official just told Yani that if she exceeds her allotted shot time again there will be a 1 stroke penalty.

Just heard that. She has never really been the fastest golfer in the world.

Yani finally takes the outright lead. I do not see her giving it back at this point.

Her past preformances indicate that she will hold on to the lead, I would not bet against her at all. The short game is looking great so far and her long game is almost always looking sharp, seems she has it going today.

Going off memory here, would this be 5 in the last 15 majors?

This would make 5 of 16 majors won that she has played in. Has won 4 of last 15.

Yani just rushed through a putt. Looks like it cost her a stroke anyway....

347 par 4 and Tseng is just bout 10 yards off the front edge. Huge tee shot.

347 par 4 and Tseng is just bout 10 yards off the front edge. Huge tee shot.

That's jut crazy.

Only up by 3....has missed a bunch of makeable birdies; should really have a 5 shot lead by now. Of course, it helps when her playing partner keeps making bogeys.

That's jut crazy.

Only up by 3....has missed a bunch of makeable birdies; should really have a 5 shot lead by now. Of course, it helps when her playing partner keeps making bogeys.

You spoke to soon. Up 4 now on that two stroke swing.

You spoke to soon. Up 4 now on that two stroke swing.

Near impossible for Yani to miss that last birdie after a great play from off the green. And another bogey for Masson to go 5 back...and she continues to fall apart today. Barring Yani making several mistakes this one is basically over.

Bad break for Yani here; hits the flag twice and still 20 feet away...back to back bogeys and getting interesting here at the end.

Anybody ever seen Masson and Dustin Johnson in the same room together? They play very similar Sunday golf.

Anybody ever seen Masson and Dustin Johnson in the same room together? They play very similar Sunday golf.

Or perhaps Phil's back 9 at the Open championship a few weeks ago?

Sunday chokeday!

ETA: your right though - in the full scope of things I definitely see your point. Difference with Phil was that he had a great front 9.

Damn, that was funny.

Great putt by Yani on 17 for birdie. 3 stroke lead going into 18. Talk about someone playing dominating golf on their respective tour...she is very impressive...and ONLY 22!!

Great putt by Yani on 17 for birdie. 3 stroke lead going into 18. Talk about someone playing dominating golf on their respective tour...she is very impressive...and ONLY 22!!

Incredible....And I would say on "any tour".

WOW, good for her, I haven't been able to watch this morning cause my son is watching cartoons but good for her.

Incredible....And I would say on "any tour".

I think we are saying the same thing. For her respective tour, she is the most dominating player in golf. I can't just say "she is the most dominate player in golf" as a general statement because she does not play against everyone. Hope that is coming across as intended.

ETA: if you had to list a dominating player on each tour and then rank them based on domination...she is number 1. Maybe that helps what I am trying to convey.

Apparently the youngest player to win 5 majors as well. Very impressive

Apparently the youngest player to win 5 majors as well. Very impressive

Had to look it up out of curiousity and Patty Berg (player back in the 40's and 50's) has 15 majors to her name and now Yani has 5 at age 22. Time will tell if she can do this year after year but looking quite likely right now that she could beat that record of 15 for the ladies.

I remember the thread and agree with it. I just still think it needs to be clarified as dominate on their respective tour. If she was playing against the guys every week and winning like she does now then you could say she is the most dominate player in golf.

I just dont see it that way. Golf as a sport has but one player dominating right now. That player is Yani Tseng.

I just dont see it that way. Golf as a sport has but one player dominating right now. That player is Yani Tseng.

I can't argue with that - she is truly the only one dominating in professional golf at this time on any level.

Id like to see Yani try and tee it up with the big boys. Just to see what would happen. I realize itd be most suited on a course that is shorter, but I think itd be interesting.

Id like to see Yani try and tee it up with the big boys. Just to see what would happen. I realize itd be most suited on a course that is shorter, but I think itd be interesting.

You'd want to expect the best, but Annika couldn't keep up with the boys, so I would guess that Yani would probably miss the cut too. You notice she hasn't tried, unlike a teen phenom who never made the cut with the big boys (PGA event) either.

Distance is not Tseng's issue.
She was 10 yards off the green today on a 347 yard par 4.
She can hit it the same length as Luke Donald and Brian Gay from what we have witnessed personally. So she can keep up with the shorter hitters on the PGA Tour.
Her putting would have to get better first and being 22, my guess is it will. I would bet you see this with in 5 years.

Back