Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

I continue to wonder about the loft issue. Spec from Wilson website.
#3 18.0 59.5° Y 39.5"
#4 22.0 60.0° Y 39.0"
#5 25.0 61.0° Y 38.5"
#6 29.0 61.5° Y 38.0"
#7 32.0 62.0° Y 37.5"
#8 36.0 63.0° Y 37.0"
#9 39.0 63.5° Y 36.5"
PW 43.0 64.0° Y 36.0"
GW 46.0 64.0° Y 36.0"
SW 55.0 64.0° Y 36.0"

I cannot believe that they claim that the 49.5 wasnt selling well enough?? Huh??
I wonder if I sent out a request to Wilson, If they would be capable or willing to adjust the sw loft?
However,Another round today and LOVE the flight of the ball. Played poorly, but it wsnt the clubs.
(I got up at 7am, put in 4 gruelling hours in the wifes veggie garden, got blisters at the bases of ALL my fingers, and then went out for a round. My right hand blisters finally popped open and gushed out on the new grips on the 12th tee box. (I did regrip with my choice of Golf Pride Tour, midsize and I find that a huge improvement in comfort.))
On another note, I have had many folks I get paired up with offering positive comments on the look and performance. And I would have to say that the Wilson name is garnishing more attention. I think thier advertising positioning is working.

So, we had a very busy weekend at work but the Di11's are now officially in the bag. I'm going to go out and give them a test run today. They certainly are beautiful!

So, we had a very busy weekend at work but the Di11's are now officially in the bag. I'm going to go out and give them a test run today. They certainly are beautiful!

Really looking forward to your thoughts once you can get these out there.

Has anyone attempted a blended set of Di11's with the Ci9's... I'm thinking the 3 & 4 irons from the Di11's, 5 to GW with Ci9's and then maybe a few FG tour wedges...comments?

I don't really see a reason to be honest. I loved the scoring irons in the Di11's

I don't really see a reason to be honest. I loved the scoring irons in the Di11's

Im with you here. I have not checked the specs, but I would think gaps would be rather tough as well.

Im with you here. I have not checked the specs, but I would think gaps would be rather tough as well.

Count me in too. The scoring irons are awesome in the Di11's and would never take them out.

I didn't take out or replace any of the scoring irons, I did however add a Di9 52* sand wedge and I couldn't be happier with my setup

A couple things:

-Just wondering how people feel the Uniflex shaft is holding up for them. I'm hitting the GW consistently 140 and although I don't feel any whippyness, just want to be sure that I'm not giving up tighter dispersion by using a shaft that isn't completely suited to my swingspeed.

-I can't hit the 4i consistently to save my life. Either mine's a dud (unlikely lol) or it's just not meant for me. I even hit my CB 710 4i better, and those are much more demanding clubs.

-Everyone loves the high ballflight, but I'm wondering if it's ballooning a bit on me. They play substantially higher than my CB 710's with S300's, and even those are known to play a little high. I haven't used them enough to know how they play in the wind or if my distance control/yardages are as consistent as they should be... so just wondering what other people's take on this is... particularly those who have played numerous other iron sets/shafts and can accurately compare.

I luv my Ci9's but, i dont see a reason to do that either baliol. The 7-pw irons in the Di11's are as good as the 7-pw in the ci9's scoring wise, in my opinion. It seems like you would have too much of a gap issue to fool with it also but, if you really want to do it im sure you could find a way for it to work.

A couple things:

-Just wondering how people feel the Uniflex shaft is holding up for them. I'm hitting the GW consistently 140 and although I don't feel any whippyness, just want to be sure that I'm not giving up tighter dispersion by using a shaft that isn't completely suited to my swingspeed.

-I can't hit the 4i consistently to save my life. Either mine's a dud (unlikely lol) or it's just not meant for me. I even hit my CB 710 4i better, and those are much more demanding clubs.

-Everyone loves the high ballflight, but I'm wondering if it's ballooning a bit on me. They play substantially higher than my CB 710's with S300's, and even those are known to play a little high. I haven't used them enough to know how they play in the wind or if my distance control/yardages are as consistent as they should be... so just wondering what other people's take on this is... particularly those who have played numerous other iron sets/shafts and can accurately compare.

I don't think I can really help you drew. My GW does not come close to 140 so I cant say whether the Uniflex is holding up to your swing. I can say that I swing the driver about 100 and the Uniflex have held up to my swing perfectly. I don't like the 4I in this set either. In fact I think I hit the 4I in my old Adams MB's better. I think it's a length issue. I can only say that my shots have not ballooned at all with the Di11's. Not once. I've played pretty much all the major shafts that are out there and these Uniflex shafts are pretty good

finally got my irons back from Wilson who adjusted them to my specs:

-1.25" (they're .75 longer, and i'm normally .5 short)
1 flat

Going to the range tomorrow to see how they feel! Hoping that there will be an improvement from last time.

Impossible to find a store that carries Wilson Staff

I would love to try these out

atleast in my area nobody has these

Impossible to find a store that carries Wilson Staff

I would love to try these out

atleast in my area nobody has these

That is my main complaint with these clubs, the availabilty is next to 0%

Well folks, I took the plunge...I picked up my Ci9's at noon hour today. Thanks for answering my questions; it was very helpful in helping me come to a decision. I'm looking forward to using them at men's night tomorrow evening.

anyone in the Philadelphia/south jersey area who knows of a shop who has these??

So, here's an update with my new Di11's:

I haven't touched them.

They're sitting in my bedroom..all shined up and looking beautiful..TEASING ME. I strained my neck quite a bit on Sunday night and it is completely killing me. I planned on playing after work today but I just knew I'd be in too much pain (and I was). I want to be at full strength when I give these beauties their first run. So, I'm hopeful that my neck will feel solid enough tomorrow to play a round.

anyone in the Philadelphia/south jersey area who knows of a shop who has these??

I've found the Find Dealers link on the Wilson Golf site to be very accurate; http://www.wilson.com/en-us/forms/finddealers/. The dealers list seems to be updated timely as more locations carry various items. It's what I used to find them in VA. But to save you the time of searching, Dick's in Cherry Hill, Deptford and Philly has:
Golf

Ci9 Irons
Di11 Irons
FG Tour Irons

Golf
Golf Towels
ProStaff Sets

Profile Sets
Recreational Golf Balls
Staff Progressive Combo Sets

Wilson Staff Bags
Wilson Staff Multi Layer Balls
Wilson Staff Performance 2 Piece Balls

Copied/Pasted from Wilson site.

Thanks for the research

I actually work in a Dicks Sporting Goods

My store use to carry the CI7 but hasnt carried anything Wilson since

I know we can special order them but do not actually carry it in store

Wow, the Dicks near me, (NO HOMO) has them in store. Saw them today when I bought new gloves. Commented to the wife, "Now, someone within a mile of us has them!" I had to go 140 miles round trip to demo them & pick them up.

Wow, the Dicks near me, (NO HOMO) has them in store. Saw them today when I bought new gloves. Commented to the wife, "Now, someone within a mile of us has them!" I had to go 140 miles round trip to demo them & pick them up.

Since My store did not carry them I figured no one did

I will search the inventory tomorow to see if any stores near me actually have them

The only place Ive seen these around that area is in my bag. :act-up:

A question for all Di11 players, what wedges with what lofts and bounces are you using?

Back