Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

the suspense is burrowing into my brain! i can't stand it!
it might not be me, but i just wanna know the 7 testers! please tell us soon!!!

people say these sticks can hold flame to TM sticks, eh??? let's get it on. (the iron testing that is...)

I don't know anyone who has hit both TM & Nike's offerings this year and says that. They both are nice sets with IMO the Nike having the edge

I was able to hit the blades of the pro combo and the TM mb at a recent demo day and they both beat anything else I tried. Can't comment on the mid irons because TM didn't bring any MCs to try and everyone was hogging the mid irons of the pro combos

I was able to test, despite the strained pectoralis major, the TM and Nike Vpros at a demo day at a local club this past weekend. I got special attention being that I was the only female swinging the clubs. This was the first time I had hit Nike clubs, and to be honest, I was quite impressed - I've really been partial to hitting and liking the TaylorMade and Titleist clubs. But I found myself really wanting to just take them home -- can't afford it.....Would LOVE the chance to give these things a true test of 2 or 3 rounds per week and numerous practice sessions.

Please announce soon....are bribes accepted???:D

I know I won't be chosen but I am excited for those who will be, great opportunity for those picked and for THP to see how they are.

I too am one of the many excited folks to see who gets chosen for this amazing opportunity.

I definitely think these hold a candle to the TM irons, which is part of why I want to test them. Prior to the VR Pro line up, non of Nike's irons grabbed my attention. The first time I saw these I literally said they would be mine some day, I just loved the idea of a combo set and they look incredible. Some of the best looking clubs on the market IMO. Seeing that I work at a golf course, if chosen I will test these against as many brands as possible; including TM, Titleist, Ping, and Callaway. I can't wait to see who is selected, I hope it's me!

I liked the feel of these at the demo day. Wish I had more time to experiment of course- I like my machspeeds - and these were like the big bad brother- thinner topline, sole..and good feel.

I know I may not get picked BUT I have always been interested Nike equipment. My step-dad works for a golf shop and he has nothing good to say about the Nike stuff. I guess he's kind of brainwashed me.

1. Nike Victory Red Full Cavity 4-AW (LH)
2. 12
3. Good feel and feedback on off-center hits; solid feeling when struck in the center; good distance; some forgiveness
4. Very nice looking irons; the back is simple while looking high-quality; much less "busy" than the Victory Reds
5. Play golf on a course at least three times during the week and on the range at least twice.

Lol, I went out today and hit my 40 year old blade short irons just to make sure I really am capable of testing these beauties. It went well, so I can rest easy. I think.

that's the 3rd time hearing that. I'm chosen for greatness, not these..sadly..lol

Since you have already made your decision and posted it several times, I guess we can remove your name from the applications?

Since you have already made your decision and posted it several times, I guess we can remove your name from the applications?

You could have made it for Right handers only and made this easier for me. haha

Although I hope and pray that I'm chosen as one of the seven (and still surely won't be), I just hope that the lucky ones give us great reviews of these sweet sticks!

I newly registered but have visited the site 4-5 times per week over the past year. I have been looking at buying the VR Pro Combo Iron Set.

1. What irons do you currently play? - Currently play Mizuno MX-200 with Project X 5.5 Shaft
2. What is your handicap index? - I started playing 3 years ago and am currently a 14 handicap, consistently score in the mid to high 80's.
3. What do you look for in an iron set? - I like a clean look at address with a thin top line for easier alignment
4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons? - I think the VR Pro Combo's look SWEET!!!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I started playing three years ago and am really dedicated to the game. If I am not playing I have my hands on a club in the office or putting in the living room. After some really good lessons I have noticed a big improvement (about 6 strokes) in my game the past three months. I am hitting my woods well but struggling with hooking my irons. Even though the size of the MX-200 is about midsize, I feel more comfortable with the size and look of my wedges (Mizuno MP-T10). I love the appeal of the VR Pro Combo taper in size and would love to get my hands on these.

I would play 3 rounds per week and post after each round.

I'm checking this thread from my Droid like every 10mins hoping to see my name pop up! lol :)

I'm checking this thread from my Droid like every 10mins hoping to see my name pop up! lol :)

I think the announcement will come later on this week, but I too am anxious! I'd love to test something like this out, because Nike clubs have always interested me, but I've never tried them.

I think the announcement will come later on this week, but I too am anxious! I'd love to test something like this out, because Nike clubs have always interested me, but I've never tried them.

For some reason, I thought it was being announced tonight. So you're saying I can go to sleep now?

For some reason, I thought it was being announced tonight. So you're saying I can go to sleep now?

yeah JB confirmed earlier it would be later on this week

Been updating every other minute. Would love a shot at letting you all know about these clubs! So I can go to bed now?

Yes, you can all sleep tonight haha. Announcement comes a little later in the week. JB will announce when it locks up, then announce the lucky testers later on.

You new folks should check out the rest of THP!! The site has a TON to offer beyond just equipment testing opportunities.

Without a doubt. Be sure to check out all the different reviews, and share your opinions and stories on many different topics!

That is why I want to try these too. I have the nike split cavity and I just have trouble controlling trajectory with the short irons. I can't hit lower shots that spin and stop. I'd be really anxious to try this set and hit those blades into the green.

Wouldn't the blades make this harder to do, instead of easier?

Back