Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

CL - interesting on the last comparison. When I went in, there was not a Pro Combo to swing but the MP-63 I hit was very nice. Your last comment makes me feel even more excited!

So..ummm...hurry up and make your decision so JB can get Nike working on these bad boys for us! :bananadance:

Thats pretty significant though. That really surprised me.

Actually, I remember you (CL) talking about injury issues too. Maybe graphite is the way to go for long term. There isn't too much between the figures that would make you discount them right away. Could it be that you were just swinging better when you got to the KBS?
Which shafts felt better through the swing?

OHHHHH. You should have definitely rotated around.
With the way those numbers looked, I would still go PX Graphite.
All of them were darn good and the graphite has so many long term upside for you personally.

Wow I am surprised you are saying that being such a numbers guy. If I went with the PX it would be the 5.0 which is right in the middle of the 2 that I tested. Also I have read that the Nike is a "made for" PX shaft that is a little softer so it will be slightly higher launching. Boy you put the PX right back in the mix lol. I'm looking at the numbers and you are right. I should have done the PX after the others. I had a couple of stinkers with the PX that skewed the average a little. Man now I'm thinking I should go PX lol.

Wow I am surprised you are saying that being such a numbers guy. If I went with the PX it would be the 5.0 which is right in the middle of the 2 that I tested. Also I have read that the Nike is a "made for" PX shaft that is a little softer so it will be slightly higher launching. Boy you put the PX right back in the mix lol. I'm looking at the numbers and you are right. I should have done the PX after the others. I had a couple of stinkers with the PX that skewed the average a little. Man now I'm thinking I should go PX lol.

I am truly a numbers guy.
But I am also very much a health guy that knows about your injuries.
If they werent close I would say it would be a no brainer, but they are close.
And the 5.0 was not tested. And they were tested first (once warmed up, I have a feeling they would launch higher). In fact Im sure of it.

Actually, I remember you (CL) talking about injury issues too. Maybe graphite is the way to go for long term. There isn't too much between the figures that would make you discount them right away. Could it be that you were just swinging better when you got to the KBS?
Which shafts felt better through the swing?

I was definitely looser and swinging better Paulo. KBS felt better

I am truly a numbers guy.
But I am also very much a health guy that knows about your injuries.
If they werent close I would say it would be a no brainer, but they are close.
And the 5.0 was not tested. And they were tested first (once warmed up, I have a feeling they would launch higher). In fact Im sure of it.

I think you are right

CL - interesting on the last comparison. When I went in, there was not a Pro Combo to swing but the MP-63 I hit was very nice. Your last comment makes me feel even more excited!

So..ummm...hurry up and make your decision so JB can get Nike working on these bad boys for us! :bananadance:

Maybe I'm now just a Nike homer lol but it was a pretty big difference for me in terms of feel. Nike's felt a lot better. Plus my numbers went up as well. I was crushing the Nike vs. the Mizuno

Surprised! Sounds like the KBS are for you CL. What would make you swap out the stiff for the regular, considering the numbers with the stiff?

My swing can easily handle a regular. In fact the fitter said right away that I should definitely be getting the regular and that was also backed up by JB on the launch monitor

I think you've got to compile yourself a quick list. Which shafts felt better? Would they be a viable option over a period of time, given your health situation? Would the graphite come into its own on the course or would you feel more confident with the KBS?

It's a tough call for sure.

Congrats to the testers. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate you just a little bit. :laughing:

These irons came out about 4 months after i got my split cavity's....most annoying as my previous set were the original pro combos....

OHHHHH. You should have definitely rotated around.
With the way those numbers looked, I would still go PX Graphite.
All of them were darn good and the graphite has so many long term upside for you personally.

i agree with that 100%, if the graphite helps with your wrist issues loosing a couple yards is well worth it

Alright typing up my email now. Has anyone gone with a stronger loft?

Specs sent!! Lets get it on!!!!!

congrats buddy, looking forward to your feedback, you gotta let me hit one of these at the outing lol

Take a trip to Raleigh and you can hit these plus the Burner 2.0/Matrix program shaft.

Take a trip to Raleigh and you can hit these plus the Burner 2.0/Matrix program shaft.

lol as much fun as that would be theres no way thats happening

So there is no way I'm waiting to hit these. I will be back at my local range tomorrow hitting these clubs. I should have taken a before and after pic. Before I sent my specs in I was a non forged unserious golfer. After my specs were sent I became a serious forged snob. I think I will be single digits with these buttery weapons. So what were everyones specs?

My final specs:

Length: Standard
Lie: Standard
Shaft Type: Project X 5.0
Shaft Flex: R/S - PX5.0 - Rifle 5.5

I was at Golf Smith tonight with my step dad while he picked up his irons that were shipped from TM and pulled the VR Pro Combo 6 iron out and took it to a bay. Everything felt really good and by feel I only hit one bad shot (out of about 10). Of course, you can't tell diddly squat without seeing trajectory, ball flight, etc.

I know that once I receive these, I will be at the range more than I ever have in the past.

Back