WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

I'm not surprised by Scott. The course is setup for his game and I would love to see a Scott/Woods pairing on sunday

:alien:

I'm not surprised by Scott. The course is setup for his game and I would love to see a Scott/Woods pairing on sunday

:alien:

Can you elaborate on that?
I mean last year he had a top 10, but prior to that had finished outside the top 50 in back to back years. I would think that it would not be idea for his game based on the greens and what he has struggled with through his career.

Fowler birdies 2, then Eagles 3! Oh man I got to watch this. Does anyone know where on the internet I can get the coverage to watch ????

Can you elaborate on that?
I mean last year he had a top 10, but prior to that had finished outside the top 50 in back to back years. I would think that it would not be idea for his game based on the greens and what he has struggled with through his career.

His putting stroke has only improved which was once his downfall in the past. He has improved a ton this year compared to last year. Plus I'm sure Steve being on the bag helps somehow.

His putting stroke has only improved which was once his downfall in the past. He has improved a ton this year compared to last year. Plus I'm sure Steve being on the bag helps somehow.

What I mean is Im very curious, what is it about his game that fits Firestone so well? He has played great here so far, but I would think that for his actual game, this is not one that would be ideal.

Holy carp, a homeless man is in the lead at the WGC. Wait, wait, we are being told that it is Ryan Moore.

Holy carp, a homeless man is in the lead at the WGC. Wait, wait, we are being told that it is Ryan Moore.

Lol, I thought he was like the CEO of Scratch... Wait, no, it was just an "unpaid sponsorship". Yeah.

Adam Scott moves to -9 and in sole position of 1st place. Ryan Moore and Rickie Fowler are 1 shot back. Woods bogeys to go to -1 for the event.

I dont think we will get TW coverage tomorrow. Expect some great names like Westwood, Phil, Rory, etc.. to be on the TV. And of course highlights once an hour from earlier in the day of TW's round.

I think it will be almost the same today -- just with a different featured group. McIlroy-Mahan go off at 1:30 and Mickelson-Day go off at 1:50. I predict the overwhelming majority of the coverage will be from these two groups.

I think it will be almost the same today -- just with a different featured group. McIlroy-Mahan go off at 1:30 and Mickelson-Day go off at 1:50. I predict the overwhelming majority of the coverage will be from these two groups.

Thanks god. I'd much rather watch birdies than a guy sweating out pars.

I guess that is like twice as much coverage as yesterday then.

But I think you are underestimating some of the names that will be out there. Westwood, Sergio and Donald will all see TV time if they are still playing well.

Thanks god. I'd much rather watch birdies than a guy sweating out pars.

I read this as PANTS for a second there... Is the swamparse back today?

I guess that is like twice as much coverage as yesterday then.

But I think you are underestimating some of the names that will be out there. Westwood, Sergio and Donald will all see TV time if they are still playing well.

I agree; if you're playing well they'll show a few shots. But I'm saying they've got this "featured group" mentality every week. They pick a featured group for every Thur-Fri telecast and pretty much stick with them regardless of how they are doing. It just so happens that this week the groups they have to pick from are doing well.

Let's say the featured group is McIlroy and Mahan. Mahan is +1. That will be 9-10 shots off the lead. And they'll still show almost all of his shots, about like they did for Clarke yesterday. They showed everything Clarke did until the final few holes even though he was +7.

Let's say the featured group is McIlroy and Mahan. Mahan is +1. That will be 9-10 shots off the lead. And they'll still show almost all of his shots, about like they did for Clarke yesterday. They showed everything Clarke did until the final few holes even though he was +7.

I dont agree though. I believe is Mahan is +1 and 10 shots off the lead, they move on. They did not show DC's game because he was a guy that was showcased. They showed him because he was standing next to Tiger Woods. If DC was paired with anybody else that was featured, we would not have seen a shot from him yesterday. Yesterdays coverage was about TW's return and nothing else.

The marquee or featured groups are a joke. The only reason they do it is to bring the number of cameras down. Meanwhile one hole back a guy could be breaking records and we'd never know.

Let me say it differently. Had yesterdays feature group been anybody outside of Tiger Woods, they would have switched off of them to showcase better golf.

I dont agree though. I believe is Mahan is +1 and 10 shots off the lead, they move on. They did not show DC's game because he was a guy that was showcased. They showed him because he was standing next to Tiger Woods. If DC was paired with anybody else that was featured, we would not have seen a shot from him yesterday. Yesterdays coverage was about TW's return and nothing else.

We had this discussion last week. Friday at Greenbrier the featured group was Mickelson, Applebee and Tom Watson. All of them sucked. Mickelson was the only one with a chance to make the cut. And they showed damn near every shot Applebee and Watson took. For no other reason than they were in the featured group.

We had this discussion last week. Friday at Greenbrier the featured group was Mickelson, Applebee and Tom Watson. All of them sucked. Mickelson was the only one with a chance to make the cut. And they showed damn near every shot Applebee and Watson took. For no other reason than they were in the featured group.

I believe we watched different coverage because I saw a lot of different golfers in the Greenbriar TV coverage.

I agree, Applebee sucks....especially their steaks...so weak

I agree, Applebee sucks....especially their steaks...so weak

They should bring back the apple chimi-cheesecake. Maybe it'll help with his putting.

Has anyone seen an actual golf shot today on the streaming link? I was hoping to catch something from the early guys and it has just been ads and commentary.

So a +1 for Tiger today. I have no idea what to think, as I couldnt see it live, but seems OK maybe.. not what he wanted obviously and not great, but not the blow up round some were worried about.

+1 might as well be a blow up in my opinion. Same end result.

Back