The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA! You saw that? I tried to keep it on the DL.

Haha, nope, that was one of those Figjam moments. If you look carefully at the replay of that you can see Yoccos shaking his head and insisting that he not be a fool off that 18th tee in the final round. I'm not a lip reader but if you look close enough you can see Yoc telling the person next to him "watch that tent to the left there" right before Mickelson hit.

Im off to drive home. Ill be back. Chunky think about my little proposal. You come over to Paradise and Ill teach you to be a winner.

Khakis and semi awesome?

You should really be a Team Paradise supporter. I see a lot of promise in you.

I win the tournaments that no one sees. I shoot low scores by myself. The big time events I'm out after 3 holes. Plus who doesn't love Khaki's? They go with everything!

Says the guy who's been MIA for two weeks. Thanks for checking in sober and for noticing my banner.

pfft, I posted more drunk than you posted last month. That was seeing double.

I have decided to try the Stricker approach.

Not me...that would be to boring...fairways and greens...That's why you had that little incident where you got caught in Florida. You've got to get more comfortable with being in the woods...hahahahaha

Strange banter today while I was working. Tmex is just a great golfer from what I hear though.

Decided that I would actually work for a change this afternoon...promise it will rarely happen again. Therefore, in Capt Biggsy style, I will multi-quote an afternoon of replies into one post.

I thought long and hard, and decided I'm a team hacker supporter!

Welcome Matty...you made the right choice. Thanks for supporting us in this great event.

That's funny cause I made one myself just to show off some of my mad crazy driving skills, lol, and to wish everyone luck, but decided not to post it.

Duey, your defection to the enemy is second only to Spank in the pain of rejection....but thanks for picking a side and getting involved.
I do want to wish everyone a great time out there. This is a chance of a life time, GO GET IT!

Wow just got bombarded with Tour Rep messages! :joy:

Sounds like both sides got some Tour Rep love this afternoon. Thread was kind of quiet afterward...serious decision time for everyone apparently.

Now that has to be an AMAZING feeling!

Whether it's the Tour Rep or just some of the little announcements (like the banner yesterday), every piece of information is like a progressive Christmas.

pfft, I posted more drunk than you posted last month. That was seeing double.

You may post drunk twice as often as some of us post sober, but ours make more sense.

I have a golf related question for you guys:

Who do you think will perform best in The Morgan Cup, and who do you think are the dark horse player(s)? What's the reason behind your thinking?

Wow trying to catch up , have been a bit busy last couple of days... great video Duey!!

I am glad to see more people being active in this thread and the support this event is getting.

Who do you think will perform best in The Morgan Cup, and who do you think are the dark horse player(s)? What's the reason behind your thinking?

Great question Sean. I would love to hear some supporter opinions.

Kevin

It might be a better question to ask after people check out the home page tomorrow and saturday. Some very cool MC info going up.

I was at the range this afternoon, and was struggling with coming too far from the inside with my hybrids and fairway woods. I figured that I'd put the Blue Devil to work for me:

5938475018_9aabed7f04_z.jpg

I'm happy to report that I didn't hit the headcover once after I threw it down there, which was about 15 balls with my 3 wood. Of course, TC would have hit the thing on every swing, for different reasons. :D

You probably should have had Christian Laettner just lay down there. Im sure he has spare time.

I think it's going to be very interesting who plays well and who doesn't over the three rounds. I think a lot of it depends on the wind though. I'll use myself as an example. While, I'm fairly used to the heat and humidity, we don't get a lot of wind around here. When I played in Florida last year, I played well in April and shot 88 on a calm day, but when we played at the fall outing the best of my two rounds was mid-90s because of steady winds both days.

Reunion looks like a very different test than PGA National presented though...doesn't look like too many forced water carries, and I may be wrong, but it looks wider and a bit more forgiving to me. Still plenty of sand troubles and I'm sure the greens will be quick.

I will throw out a few honest thoughts...even though I have not met any of them. Just going by what I have seen or heard on the forum. Again, my opinion - and no one should take this personal.

Biggsy - solid golfer all around and does not disappoint in this event.
Aha - keeps applying pressure hitting quality shot after shot....plays even better than his HC at this event.
OEM - maybe the highest HC player in this event - but comes through with key shots at the right time.
ESox - think the heat may get to him...starts well but does not finish as strong - 36 holes gets to him in a day.
P4B - maybe the biggest question mark - can he shake the Florida issues he has had before?

Those are a few thoughts and really just guesses for now. I think it all comes down to who can handle pressure, heat, environment, tough course - everything. Will be SO much different than your typical round at your home course (which I have no doubt all of these guys realize but you never really know how you will react until you have been in that situation).

Flame away! :D

Good question Sean. I would love to hear some answers from others. I suspect everyone plays well. We're all friends rooting for each other.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Good question Sean. I would love to hear some answers from others. I suspect everyone plays well. We're all friends rooting for each other.

Well everyone plays well, except for Yocos. He plays marcawesome!!!

Tappin the keg!

AHA will be the best golfer. One-T is almost completely not talked about in terms of his golf and he has serious game.

AHA will be the best golfer. One-T is almost completely not talked about in terms of his golf and he has serious game.

AHA is the best golfer, but my darkhorse is going to be......DirtyDawg! I think this mystery man, comes out of knowhere to dominate.

I'm hearing One-T can drink. I know nothing about his golf game. :)

He's better when he drinks, sober he's like a 20 HC, half cut he's more like a 14, but when he gets good and drunk, he's a 4 HC, it averages out to about a 10 HC as the round goes on.

I'm hearing One-T can drink. I know nothing about his golf game. :)

I can out drink him. He's got a solid golf game. He will be fine in August. I suspect everyone will be.

He's better when he drinks, sober he's like a 20 HC, half cut he's more like a 14, but when he gets good and drunk, he's a 4 HC, it averages out to about a 10 HC as the round goes on.

You were in Florida right?

I think based on mental toughness I believe TC will do the best in his particular matches. He might not win them all but he will perfom the best overall throughout the weekend. As far as a surprise/darkhorse, I am looking to ddec to be the surprise in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back