A real eye opener!! Seeing yourself for the 1st time on video...

tgtt

Reaction score
Handicap
What was your reaction?

I knew I went way past parallel but never realized I had so many other things going wrong with my swing. SHOCKED to see exactly how much work I have to do.

I typically aim to play a 10 yard fade. Now I know why. I come over the top. No clue I did this before. I also end with my weight over my back foot. A bigger concern is both feet coming off the ground. I was completely oblivious to this even happening before,

My game is much worse than I thought.

Anyone else get scared by their 1st starring role?

A bigger concern is both feet coming off the ground. I was completely oblivious to this even happening before,

Why is that bad? I've seen video of Ryan Moore, Rickie Fowler, and Tiger were their feet are coming off of the ground.

I have my swing loaded up here on THP. My flaws are visible for the THP-ivers to view.

What was your reaction?

I knew I went way past parallel but never realized I had so many other things going wrong with my swing. SHOCKED to see exactly how much work I have to do.

I typically aim to play a 10 yard fade. Now I know why. I come over the top. No clue I did this before. I also end with my weight over my back foot. A bigger concern is both feet coming off the ground. I was completely oblivious to this even happening before,

My game is much worse than I thought.

Anyone else get scared by their 1st starring role?

i know exactly how you feel! i started going to Golftec this year and i have been playing golf for 15 years with no real lessons. I come way over the top same problem as you and my backswing was a complete mess. i have become somewhat obsessed with watching my swing now to make sure i am making proper movements during my swing now. I will prob start a thread in the future and show my old and new swing once i get some more things worked out. its becoming quite an adventure getting things worked out and fix so many things ive done wrong for so long.

Why is that bad? I've seen video of Ryan Moore, Rickie Fowler, and Tiger were their feet are coming off of the ground.

I have my swing loaded up here on THP. My flaws are visible for the THP-ivers to view.

I think a stable base would be a good start and not compound on other issues. I understand my left foot coming up and that's the only reason I can get past parallel but my right foot coming up before impact is confusing. I don't know where to start but my swing is much uglier than I felt it was before I actually saw it.

I was really happy when I saw myself on video. I was expecting much worse.

I didn't mind my swing, it was my stupid stash that scared me.

At my age, mine is so slow that I can critique it without having to resort to slo-mo. And yes, it is pretty bad.

They just slow motioned Tiger's swing (talking about his new shoes) and his right foot come off the ground before impact. Interesting. This is my 1st year of serious golf in a very long time and now the Luke is number one and getting more exposure I've heard quite a bit about his solid base and how "quiet" is how it should be.

I thought... "Damn...the camera really does add 15 pounds". It's a good resource you can learn a lot about yourself.

Alex

They just slow motioned Tiger's swing (talking about his new shoes) and his right foot come off the ground before impact. Interesting. This is my 1st year of serious golf in a very long time and now the Luke is number one and getting more exposure I've heard quite a bit about his solid base and how "quiet" is how it should be.

Tiger rolls his right foot to the instep at impact, pretty sure it doesn't come off the ground. With a driver his right heel may rise a bit before impact since he's unwinding a little faster. Dont want ya trying crazy stuff lol.

I'm planning on filming my swing for the first time this week, and I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm expecting it to be pretty ugly, even though most of the time I get decent results. Should be nice to know what I need to do to fix it though.

Back