What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
78 today. My average last year was 91. Last week at the same course I shot 97.

Chipping and putting came together today. 27 putts. Chipped to a lot of tap in putts.

That's amazing! From 91 to 78 in one year! Awesome!

Shot a 76 today at Peacock Gap - an overlooked gem of a semi-private course 30 minutes north of San Francisco.

I also played last week in a 4man scramble. We carded a 59. It was fun because the putts were dropping.

Strong round, well done.

Carded a 97 this afternoon, had the bright idea to move up a tee to 6200 yds. That didn't work out to well in the least. Only hit 7 fairways, 6 of which were on the front, couldn't stop cutting/fading on the back 9. It wouldn't of been so bad if the right side wasn't akin to a prison shank. Hit more shots from garbage lies that I can ever remember. For instance I flushed a 5I, you know that feeling you get as soon as you hit the ball and your thinking "oh yeah, murdered that one." right into a pine tree and kicked into a bunker. Nothing went right for me today, 36 putts, and that was with 5 1 putts.

Not sure what to think of this round, had utter frustration walking up to the 18th tee thinking to myself "you got this Danny, focus."

Crushed it, 298 yds...yeah it had a good roll :) chipped to 3' and made the birdie putt. That is what drives me to improve.

Always a silver lining.
Things like that keep us coming back for more.

78 yesterday. New personal best! 3 putted twice on the back and just chipped horribly. I know I can shoot 75 or so easily!
Well done on the PB! Congrats!

I shot 40 + 40 = 80 in the Club Chamipionship today. My two day total was 47, 40, 40, 40, and I was off two strokes from placing in the Senior Championship A division. I had fun and played some good golf but just a tad short of bringing home the bacon.

Congrats on breaking 100, Gamma!

And nice rebound from your first 9 holes, Gray.

I played terrible in our club championship today and shot a 92. My driver was all over the place which is not normal for me. Can we say TENSION! LOL

I shot 40 + 40 = 80 in the Club Chamipionship today. My two day total was 47, 40, 40, 40, and I was off two strokes from placing in the Senior Championship A division. I had fun and played some good golf but just a tad short of bringing home the bacon.

Nice come back OG after the 6 over on the 1st 3 holes of the tourney. WTG!!!

I played terrible in our club championship today and shot a 92. My driver was all over the place which is not normal for me. Can we say TENSION! LOL

Lordy, I would have never guessed that score at all, you have been playing sooooooo much better than that. Like they say, you have got to have the bad ones to appreciate the good ones. You will get it going again soon KB.

78 yesterday. New personal best! 3 putted twice on the back and just chipped horribly. I know I can shoot 75 or so easily!

Very nice cc, I see a 75 coming soon. GATA

Nice steady golf there OG. Can't complain with that.

:( Sorry to hear.

Shot an 86 today. I recently developed the "shanks" when pitching and it has cost me at least 5-6 strokes a round. Hope to rid myself of them next time out and get back to a respectable #.

Good shooting OG! You will get them next time Kelly Bo!

I carded an 83 today which is my lowest round ever! Shot 40/43. Had a snowman and missed a couple of close putts, but I am excited about the round toray.

47+47=94 yesterday. New course I'd never played LPGA Int Legends), in some wind, and I hit ONE green in regulation all day. Only 30 putts, which saved me many times from having things get worse. Driver was great, putting was good, couldn't hit a second shot to save my life. Iron swing was all over the place.

Shot a hard fought for 95. 50 on the front nine, hitting my irons well at first and it all went south. Not many fairways with the driver either. At the turn I told myself to hang tight and keep grinding. Started hitting more fairways and my short game saved me including one chip in for par and ended the back nine with a 45 which was encouraging. If I keep playing like the back nine, hopefully I can meet my goal of averaging in the low 90's.

My lowest round in a long time, 80 on the button!!!!!!!

Out in 41 and then I finished birdie, birdie for a sweeeeeeeeeeeeet 39!!!!!

That was as good comeback from the first three holes of the tournament. Good job battling back.

Another good day (I was able to walk 18) and the golf wasn't bad either. 38-39 77 It probably would have been better except I got so tired today but that's ok, even the young guys were getting tired!

After shooting an 81 yesterday in our club championship, I was sitting in second place in my flight and knew I had to go low today to pass the guy in front of me. Well, I went out and shot my best round at that course (even par 72) to pass him by quite a few strokes to win it. I even chunked two chips and 3 putted for par on a par 5 to shoot that. I could have thrown down a 70 or better if I take those mistakes out of the mix. After the round, I was completely worn out. I left every ounce of energy on that golf course.

Don't often post in this thread, but today set a couple milestones in my golf game:

First, I shot a 72 on a par 70 course, my career low and career low to par.

2nd, I shot a -1 on the front nine (back nine for me today, went off on 10).

Overall, hit my driver decent, and was just killing the mashies, setting myself up for wedges into greens. My Mizzie MP T-11s were just flat out performing for me today, putting balls, 8, 4 and 5 feet from the hole in three consecutive holes leading to 2 birdies.
There was some drama though for breaking par on 9 holes.... I was on the 9th (#1 handicap that side), which is a dogleg left with a water hazard in front of the green, where if I hit driver, I run through the fairway so I pulled M1. I tried to hit a draw around the corner, and overcooked it just a little, ending up in the left rough but with some tree trouble into the green. I was only 135 out, but I couldn't hit my wedge as it would go right into some foilage. I either had to punch out, or try and hit a low, 7 iron under the branches, hoping I got it over the hazard. I decided to go for it. Choked down, ball back in stance, and hit it exactly like I needed to... it landed just short of the green, hopped on and rolled to within 20 feet of the cup. Made my 2 putt and got out of there.

Overall, my game is really coming together. My short irons and wedges have just been money the last couple weeks!

Another good day (I was able to walk 18) and the golf wasn't bad either. 38-39 77 It probably would have been better except I got so tired today but that's ok, even the young guys were getting tired!

Good score Lefty, you are coming around really well.

Good shooting OG! You will get them next time Kelly Bo!

I carded an 83 today which is my lowest round ever! Shot 40/43. Had a snowman and missed a couple of close putts, but I am excited about the round toray.

Congrats SMG on reaching your low round!

Lefty -- You continue to amaze me playing such solid golf so soon after having your knee replacement surgery! We had a guy take the Senior club championship todaywho has had both knees replaced.

An absolutely horrific 105 at Springhill College. Had such a great range day on Friday. I started turning it around on the back 9 but really struggled all day. Had a great time with my two sons and a good friend, though.

I shot a 99 today at a pretty long and tough course. My course management game into play, for both the good and the bad. My Ego got in the way on one hole when I should have layed up I went for it and it cost me a stroke.

Today was more of the same, struggled on the front and played great on the back. 51/40 for a 91! It's my puttng, seems to take me a while to get my pace going. The back was awesome though, 5 pars, a birdie, bogie and two doubles. Playing with One-T tomorrow at the River course at Virginia Tech. Hopefully I can put a solid round tegether with a fellow THp'er!

Today was a very solid day, played 36 holes. First 18 was 81 at a very tough Eagle Creek course in orlando where it seemed like the greenskeeper had a rough day and put every pin tucked behind a bunker, on a slope or barely on the green

Second 18 was a great time with a buddy, shot 73 at a much easier course, playing both from the tips.... Very happy right now

After shooting an 81 yesterday in our club championship, I was sitting in second place in my flight and knew I had to go low today to pass the guy in front of me. Well, I went out and shot my best round at that course (even par 72) to pass him by quite a few strokes to win it. I even chunked two chips and 3 putted for par on a par 5 to shoot that. I could have thrown down a 70 or better if I take those mistakes out of the mix. After the round, I was completely worn out. I left every ounce of energy on that golf course.
Great stuff B! Congratulations! I know what you mean...as opposed to a casual round you are so focused in tournament golf you're exhausted by the end of the round.

Great stuff B! Congratulations! I know what you mean...as opposed to a casual round you are so focused in tournament golf you're exhausted by the end of the round.

Exactly. I want to take a couple of days off to rest, but I have another tournament next Saturday, so I guess I'll be back on the range tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back