Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
i absolutely hate below my feet shots
so my best shot was a below my feet shot that actually went where i wanted... on the green lol
oh it was an 8i from the left rough at about 135

My best shot was below me feet as well. ~160 out and I almost hit it too thin but I wound on the green. If it wasn't for my OB tee shot I would have been on the green in regulation.

GW on the 12th, knocked it stiff for a tap in birdie.

Other than that I was pleased with my putting, made a load of putts and only had 1 3 putt today

Chip ins are always fun! Well done. My best shot recently has been out of a hazard. I had sliced my drive into the staked area on the side of the hole. I just barely went in, and although the grass was over 8 inches high, I could see it clearly and felt I had a shot so decided to go for it. I was about 105 yards away, and put my gap wedge to under 2 feet. I was amazed, and just watched in awe as it came out clean and flew dead at the pin. Not much a jumping up and down person, but after I marked my ball, I gave a very enthusiastic fist pump :)

A par 3 about 150 yards, landed about 3 feet from the hole!! Although I missed the birdie putt:(

i hit 2 crazy approach shots inside of 3 feet
one with an 6i (a high baby draw)
the other with a 52 (thought i flew the green but it actually sucked back)

my best shot of the day from tuesday: So on my last round of the day, with bugs everywhere, i'm one over through 6. numero 7 is a semi-long straight away par 4 with 3 rolling hills leading to just inside the hundred marker, then it's level to the green. It's the last round so my swing's a little loose, body's a little tired, I fade my drive into the tree's, kind of bad to.

I've got a decent lie, no shot at the green with a cluster of trees in front of me maybe 50-60 yards in front. I had a similar shot earlier in the day where I was able to hit a high 6 iron over just over the tree's to the green level about 50 yards short of said green. So I figure that's the shot to hit again. hit it fat, goes into those trees 60 yards in front and now i'm thinking "bleepity bleep, I'm losing this round in a hurry, starring down the barrel of double or worse".

Got an ok lie for my third shot, a tree a couple yards in front of me to the left, another one a couple yards in front of that one to the right. I'm thinking I can hit a slightly hooded 6 that will stay low enough to stay under the branches on the first tree, but get up and over the branches on the next tree. I'm sitting maybe 130-140 out so a full 6 is out of the question.

here's the shot of the day: I hit a, maybe 60% 6 iron, hit it well, does exactly what I planned lands right on line with the pin abbout 8 feet short (woo and might i add hoo). Hoping I can grind out a watson par I take a good look at the putt, hit it good but it breaks off to the right at the last second (rat farts!!!!!). bogey, but after my first two shots it could have been a helluva lot worse.

I actually ended up pulling my drive on 8, hitting a knock down 7 that got to the fringe, putted it to about 3 feet and missed that putt too (RAT FARTS!!!!!!!!). then on 9 i hooked a 4 iron (long par 3) into the trees that got a member's bounce back into the fairway. hit a 52 to that I tried to spin that landed below the hole maybe 4 feet and made that putt for par and a 3 over 38.

my goodness if i could only putt

Yesterday it was nothing special, but was satisfying.

9 iron from 130 out that landed on the green about 20 feet from the flag. I two putted for par. Never scored better than double on that hole before and it really felt good to par it.

Yesterday I smashed a 3 wood off the first tee maybe 250 and slightly downhill, so far I couldn't even lay up like normal. Lately though my best shots have been chips I had to force myself to take. 10-25 yards from the fringe that normally I'd try pitches/ lobs/ flops. Greens are fast and I've been blasting the pitch shot on,over, and off. Soo I'm trying long chips.

well mine came last week we were playing a 4 ball texas scramble and we were on the last hole and the lad had to get his last drive in and he only hit it 160 yrds not a good player but fun to be out with,my friends hit 3 woods to the green and both missed which was 240yrds away with wind in our faces,linx course,i hit my 3 iron creamed it straight as a bullet landed 3 foot from hole walked up and birdied it never done that before but looked good with everyone in club house watching out of window,but we still came no were in comp

piped driver all day today and even ran out a few fws
but the best shot was a 5i from the left rough
actually went thru a bunch of branches and leaves of the tree in front of me and made it onto the green 8ft from the pin
if i didnt hit that tree it woulda definitely flew the green

Hit probably 2 dozen shots that could qualify, but I stuck a 5-iron on #3 and a 6 on #8 to about a foot each.

played a ball out of a snake infested hazard today. 1/4 of the ball was above the water line. stood on the edge, wide stance, ball well below, square 52* wedge....splash!!!

2 putt par.

Similar to this. But longer.

Blind shot, 226 yds. Hybrid, draw around corner to 6 ft.

145yds out from left rough, pin in back. 7i rolled past the flag 8 ft. Nothing special just a solid golf shot, yay...

I managed to shot a 20yard pitch straight into the cup for a 7 on a par 5 hole today to save 1point during a local tournament. That shot made my day!

Driver off the deck to get home in 2 on a par 5 into a 15mph wind. The ball was sitting up in the rough. Got it on the correct tier, and did not break the First Rule of Eagle Putts - I did not leave it short.

Here's the setup: Pulled my drive waaaaayyyyyy left and ended up right before an outcropping of trees. Had to hit a draw from the left rough with the ball on a downslope (yeah... right...). Managed a 3-hybrid and ended up just 25 yards right of the hole which I was extremely pleased with from that lie.

Shot of the Day: Holed out from that spot for my only (unfortunately) birdie of the day!

Hit a nice wedge to about a foot and a half for a tap in bird.. I'm not sure how long it was, maybe around 88 yards or so.

Hit a nice wedge to about a foot and a half for a tap in bird.. I'm not sure how long it was, maybe around 88 yards or so.

Good work Dent, that is always fun sticking one close like that. What was the shot like? Did you spin it back? Or one hop and stop? Or?? I always love when I spin one back and it gets close, makes me feel like the pros. :D

On a short par3 8th, I had an 8 iron tee shot that stopped about 6" from the cup. Needless to say that was the catalyst to turn around a terrible round up until that point I was seemingly 2-3 shots over par for each hole. After that I made 2 birides, 4 pars, 3 bogeys and 1 double. The score was still terrible at the end, but at least I felt good without having an entire blow up round.

After a bad 2nd on the par 4 17th I put my 3rd shot from 43 yards to about one foot from the pin for a tap-in par.

Got on 18 today and had about 159 to the pin. I pulled an 8 iron and proceeded to swing. As soon as I started my downswing my left foot slipped pretty bad, and when I looked up to see where the ball was, it was on a dead line for the pin. I ended up sticking it to about 6 feet and made the birdie to shoot 72. My best one legged swing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back