Struggling with a slice

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
At the moment I struggle with an irritating slice when I use my 4 and 5 iron. I have experimented a bit with the ball position but haven't managed to straighten it out. Do you have any idea what it could be since it's only with those two irons I have this problem? And any tips on exercises to try to solve this?

Cheers!

Tappin' for world peace!

If a slice is going to show up it will be in the longer clubs. What does the ball flight look like with the fairway woods and driver?

I hate to be the one to put this out there, but every player has a point in the bag where they loose what we refer to as playable loft. Meaning that there is a point in the bag where the irons are no longer working. For almost every player I have worked with it happens somewhere in the 5-3 iron range. This is where hybrids become a very important piece in the bag.

Video with these clubs would be great if that is possible.

Thank you for the reply and sorry that i haven't answered you earlier.

The ball trajectory with my driver is a fade. When i hit my hybrid it tend to go straight or sometimes also a fade. Unfortunatly i cant get a video clip of my swing at the moment.

I understand it is hard to help someone without seeing the swing itself in action, but i am grateful for your reply.

I think i will have to work on hitting my ball more "inside -> out" than from "out -> in" and i have also tried to slow down my tempo and it has shown a slight improvement.

I agree with previous post. Maybe a hybrid or 2 would help. When I have these issues flare up I grab my golf towel and put it under my left armpit (righties) and take some practice swings. This usually works for me to get the feel of an inside-out swing during my round.

I agree with previous post. Maybe a hybrid or 2 would help. When I have these issues flare up I grab my golf towel and put it under my left armpit (righties) and take some practice swings. This usually works for me to get the feel of an inside-out swing during my round.

Tnx, will try that!

Tappin' for world peace!

Back