Worst Shot of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

JConn

Proud 2013 MC Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, we have the Best Shot of Your Round thread, which I really love reading and posting to (when I have a shot that is deserving a post :act-up:). Thus, I thought it might be a fun idea to start the Worst Shot of Your Round Thread.

What was the Worst Shot of Your Round?

How did it affect your score, attitude, confidence, etc.?

I'll start it up.

Yesterday, I was hitting the ball really well and was playing pretty good overall. My game was just on, especially my driver. Until hole 8, I hit the fairway on holes 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7, with numbers 4 and 6 being par 3's. Also, I drove the ball about 10 yards from the green on a 290 yard hole. Unfortunately, I left myself a long putt on #7 and ended up 3-putting. Next is the worst shot of my round. I snap hooked my drive WAY left OB. Calmed down, retee'd, hit it up the middle and "parred" the hole but had to add the two stroke penalty so I got a double. That one swing didn't really have an affect on my attitude for the rest of the round, and I actually played better on the back nine, shooting even par. All in all it was a great day, I just want that one swing back so I could take those two strokes off of my score.

Hope everyone likes the thread.

P.s. I searched for a thread similar, but couldn't find one. If one exists, please delete this or merge it.

I'm working to break 80, and two days ago I shot an 81. Worst shot, take your pick: first hole was a 310 yard par 4. I drove the green and ended up in the back with a long downhill putt. Ending up blowing the eagle putt (still working on my first eagle as well), and freaking 4 putting for a bogey. Hole 7 was a monster elevated (playing in co.) 310 yard par 4, bushnell slope reader said it played to 275. I took a little off the tee shot and hit it 278 yards leaving a 6 foot eagle putt. This one I hit about 3 feet...what a puss! At least I sunk the eagle putt, finished with an 81

Sent From My Droid Incredible

that would of been my 4 iron into the green on the par 5 17th. after a great drive i felt for sure id get another eagle chance on this hole. so i pulls me 4 iron out only to smoother the ball and slice it in to the rough at the 18th tee. i managed to get a bogie but i got to remember to slow down and give myself some room with the longer irons

Great thread. Yesterday, the worst shot of my round would have been my tee shot on the very short hole 1, 95 yard par 3. Bladed the wedge 10 yards over the green. Up and down for par. It was the worst shot of my round because it was a playoff hole between me and a friend. His tee shot was 12 feet from the cup, and he made his birdie putt. So I lost.

There were other 'technically' worst shots, but that one lost the playoff.

For me it was a shot from the rough on a par 5. I have a new 4 wood and it is a low profile head I thought I made a pretty good swing but I went under the ball and hit a pop up that went about 130 yards and landed like a butterfly with sore feet. Wish I could hit my irons into the green like that. :D

Lets see... So many to chose from:confused2: I'd have to say my tee shot on 17. Two tiered fairway with a second shot over water to the right. No need for driver here, a nice little 200-210 yrd drive puts you at the 150 mark for your second. Perfect M3 for me which I've been killing all day long. I get quick with the tempo and miss it off the heel. I hit a lame duck fade the goes about 150 yrds. Now I have a choice, lay up or go for it. I decide to go for it being about 200 out, M3 time again. Flushed it pin high just right of the green. Up and down with a bogey.

Putt and a chip to break 80 from about 30ft... thinned it across the green leaving myself with a 20ft putt from fringe for 79. Putt came up 2in. short.

This is an easy one. Had 85 yards to the pin after having hit a real nice drive in the middle of the fairway. Proceed to shank my SW straight right and OB. Ugh

One of the toughest shots in golf for me.....I had one of those lies where the ball is either on a little mound or in a little hollow with your feet sidehill. So it is different from just sidehill one way or the other as the ball is not on the same plane or grade as your feet are on. I have tremendous difficulty with that shot especially if I need long iron from that lie. Had that shot on Friday (the one with the ball on a little mound) and just buried my club right into the ground. Felt like my left arm was going to break at the elbow. If it is the other one (in a hollow) I have more of a tendency to have trouble getting down to the ball. In either case I just can not pick up a qui that works for me. I think I am going to try to choke down even farther for the shot off a mound and grip even longer for the shot in a hollow to try to give me the best chance at it.

Last edited:
this wasn't a bad shot as more of a "badluck shot". On a tight little par 3, I hit my 4i right, it clipped a tree and kicked all the way across the fairway, into the hazard left....... I was hot. haha I did hit a wedge from there to 10 feet and saved bogey.

Just one?

Well it's pretty simple after yesterdays round, 80 yds out on #2. Pulled a 55* thinking "hey, you've got a shot at birdie, don't f it up.", I effed it up badly. Sh@nked it OB right, took my penalty drop, again OB right, dropped again, hit it so chunky I think some guy in China felt it.

:banghead::surrender:

I actually have two shots that come to mind from yesterday's 9 hole round.
The first was my approach on #6. I didn't draw the ball around the corner, leaving me with a downhill lie to an uphill green. I've had this shot quit a bit this year and I've yet to pull it off. Yesterday, I pulled my 5 iron and worm burned the ball up the hill to an area under a huge oak with no grass, so not only did I hit a poor shot, but I left myself a poor lie for my 3rd.
My other worst shot was a tee shot on a relatively short par 4 that dogleg's left at about 220 yards out. Because the hole is short, I have a bad habit of swinging too hard and trying to drive the green. Yesterday was no exception... and the result was a high pull to the left that caught a tree and kicked down about 50 yards away in some leaves, just barely staying out of the woods. My 2nd shot was a thinned 4 iron that just did clear the corner of the dogleg. My approach landed just past the flag and rolled off the bag. Thankfully I managed to chip up to 2' and save bogey.
Overall, I was pleased with round. Ended up shooting a 42 with no big blowup holes and wasn't far from being in the 30's for the 9. A couple of approach shots were on line but went just a little long and a couple of others were pin high and just off the fringe, so my game does seem to be coming around.

<Insert most of my approach shots here>

Seriously, I hit only one GIR yesterday and it was a little fat from a muddy spot and stopped on the front of a long green, leading to a three putt.

Worst of them had to be a thin, blocked pitching wedge on a par 4 after a perfect drive that wound up short sided in the rough on a downhill/sidehill lie with a tightish pin from 120 yards. But I had so many other 2nd shots that were just as bad it is hard to pick. That one wins because it was a PW, I guess, and the others were longer clubs.

My worst comes on the last hole. Hitting the ball great all day.
Good drive leaves me about 50 yds to green, over a small pond. Kind of a funky lie with ball on a kinda sidehill lie slightly below my feet.
I let the lie get into my head and proceed to hit 6 inches behind the ball and chunk up the biggest divot I've ever dug in my life. I tried to "go down after it" when I didn't really need to.
Ball goes 10 yds in the air, high flight, hits and rolls into the reeds at the edge of the water. Drop and hit on to 2 putt.
Was my first penalty stroke all day and first fat shot too. On the last hole...

Par 5 approach shot 185-190yards I pull the 4 iron and have a wide open fairway leading up to the hole. I swing back and thwack! The ball shoots off the toe of the club gets super high and slices into the woods. I was so pissed at myself because I had a good drive that was completely wasted by that shot.

Yesterday: Par 3 ~160 yards completely over water. I chunk an 8 iron straight into the water, re-tee and shank one into the woods. 8 on a par 3 >.<
Today: Par 3 ~170 yards with water left and front right. I pull a 7I left into the water and lose my first ball of the day. Luckily it was hole 16 so I didn't have too many opportunities to lose any more balls.

Easy to remember since it was yesterday...

6th hole, 428yd par 4. Tried to hit a hard driver and caught it way out on the toe.
It went about 75 yards into deeeeep rough, behind a tree.
Took my medicine and tried to punch a wedge out to the fairway and promptly slid the club right under the ball.
Ended the painfull hole with a double.

Any hole with water to carry. I could be driving fine all day and when I get to hole with water, I freeze up and top spin it into the water. Saturday, hole #7 with about 120 yards to carry the water. Drove it straight into the middle of the pond. I must have donated some many balls in there. Whenever I grab a old, cheap ball, I'm fine. It's only when I use my better balls. It's all mental, but it kills any momentum I have trying to finish a good front 9.

I feel your pain!! I have same issue with water holes.

Yesterday: Par 3 ~160 yards completely over water. I chunk an 8 iron straight into the water, re-tee and shank one into the woods. 8 on a par 3 >.<
Today: Par 3 ~170 yards with water left and front right. I pull a 7I left into the water and lose my first ball of the day. Luckily it was hole 16 so I didn't have too many opportunities to lose any more balls.

Hit a fantastic drive on #9 during club championship. Best drive of the tournament and in front of a crowd standing by the green. Got to it with about 30 yards to go to the green and chunked it right in front of everyone. Made bogey.

Club Championship this past Saturday morning . Seniors went off back side so on #10, I sh**ked my first shot of the tournament into a fir tree 10 yds right of the tee box. It almost went in the driving range where some fellow competitors were warming up. Boy that felt good! Man I was ready to kick some arse after that shot :beat-up:. Double bogied the hole, bogied the next, tripled the next and after two more doubles, finally squeezed in a crowd pleasing round of 47. I did come back with a 40 on my next nine for an 87 :D......

P.S. Shot 40 + 40 for a 80 on Sunday's round so it got better :thumb:

approach chips and pitches have been horrid lately - costing me 4-5 strokes a round...... 42 today for 9 holes and a +7 score - 4 of the 7 strokes over were due to super poor chips or pitches.

Pretty much all of the with the exception of post #1112 in BEST SHOT OF YOUR ROUND. Today lead to an emergency Golftec lesson and then a trip to the range for 2 hours. We'll see on Wednesday if I can get back on track.

Played a few holes today after work. Totally shanked one right off the hosel into water. Haven't done that in a while.

2 yesterday, both with my M3 Mashie and both topped. Haven't done that in ages, it was a case of head up before finishing swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back