Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

(Sorry couldn't find old thread).......With that being said I got in my Polara Golf balls that I purchased after reading threads on here and seeing the story on Yahoo!. These balls are everything I hoped/dreamed/prayed that they would be!! I am a weekend hacker and I looked like I belonged on the golf course this past weekend. My ball flew oh so beautiful and straight that the other guys in the group were pretty impressed how much better I was playing. I know some guys on here said they lost some distance but I gained distance simply by being able to keep it straight. These balls are just as advertised and I love them!!!

I concur with everything you said.

I've always been a high handicapper with a decent but inconsistent swing that has been plagued by extreme hooks and slices and finally became frustrated with the game about 3 years ago.

Now 40 and coming from a 3 year layoff, I recently started playing again with my kid. With all of the kid's activities, I don't have time or the energy to put in the practice that I badly need.

So, after playing 3 rounds this year, and scoring in excess of 100 each time due to hooks and slices way off target and OB. I said WTF and ordered the 3 piece ball off of Amazon.

On the course, I was straight all day. I hit a pull hook that was heading toward water running up the left side of the fairway. From my previous experience on this hole, I was certain that the ball would be OB left. While the ball did hook, it was greatly reduced and hung on to the rough before it hit the water.

Also, I gained a half to a full club on the irons and hybrids, but the driver was short. (i'm using a Hibore XL 10.5). Also noticed that I was getting full distance on toe hits with the irons, which is great. I was hitting my 21* hybrid 230yds with these balls, but the driver was only going about the same distance.

I have a 16* Adams 460D at home that I plan on taking next time out to see if I can get more distance on my drives.

Another plus to these balls is that they really allowed me to concentrate on making solid contact, which in turn allowed me to find a groove on the course without searching for fixes. Golf is fun again. I am a fan!

Amazing the technology that is out there these days. They can make golf balls that wont slice. Unreal!

I got the Polara balls in the hands of my family members when I went to visit them last week. My experience is still the same, they fly straight, but incredibly low, especially with my driver. My family members and friends were impressed by how straight they did go, but they also noticed the low ball flight and loss of distance. Overall though they liked them, so much so that a friend bought a dozen later that night.

First Post

First Post

:golf3: Greetings all. This is my first post to this thread. I am not on the list of the people who were chosen to test this ball, however I would like to share my experiences if it is ok. I did not get free balls to try. I gladly bought some after reading the results here. I am in the category of golfers who this ball is made for. Don't play a lot because I work too much and can't afford to do it all the time. Also dont have a lot of practice time available and getting up there in years so stuff doesn't work quite as well as it did in younger years. On an average day I would probaly shoot about 108. Played with these last week and found what rest of you were saying about driver issue. Used my Hi-bore 12 degree and didn't get a good tee shot at all. But I did hit my 3 wood about 220 which was huge. All of my shots pretty much stayed in fairway though but I wasn't having a good day. Played again today and took my Cleveland Super Launch 16 degree and hit straight drives over 200 all day long. Ended up shooting 82 which is 26 shots less than my average. using the 3 piece I did not notice any difference in feel or other performance than the other balls I use. Can't afford expensive balls and I play yellow so I can see them so I usually hit Nitros or Volvik Crystals. These balls are amazing that they can make that much of an improvement in my play. I don't play in tournaments and just do it for fun and relaxation and to get some exercise. Could care less about the USGA's draconian rules about stuff that helps players like me who aren't in the best physical condition anymore and can't spend countless hours on the range and money we don't have on lessons that are meant to be too hard for us to perfect anyway. I applaud this companys courage for taking on the giants and want them to know there is a gigantic market out here for your product so go ahead and turn up the machines cause we want em.

Played one of these balls yesterday on a long par five. For the most part this ball worked great off the tee. It went pretty straight and did not lag in the air like some. I read that the balls do not like the lower lofted drivers so that might be the reason I did not see lower ball flight. I had no problem with the ball on my second shot with a hybrid. The ball putted fine. Although I only played 1 hole with this ball I can see how it could easily shave strokes off of my game by allowing me to play my second shot from the fairway. But the fact that it's "illegal" really pushes me away from playing it all the time. But I'll keep this ball in my bag for those bad days.

I enjoyed getting to try these out. I slowely handed mine out to buddies on the course and got some feedback from each of them, mostly positive. One buddy actually went out and bought some, now a few more may soon.

Would anyone say it would be wrong to get them for a fathers day present?

I used these on a few holes when I last played a quick nine holes. The one thing I noticed is on longer shots it seemed to really hang in the air and I lost a lot of distance on the mid to short shots the distance lost wasn't as bad, and they all went very straight, but it seems to just hang a bit in the air. But around the greens and on the greens they perform great. If it would be legal to change balls mid hole I think I could game them, but as long as they act a little odd for me off the tee and and anything longer than 100 yards I don't think I could put them into play for me at least. I wonder if it's the faster swings vs. slower swings, just my thoughts.

Would anyone say it would be wrong to get them for a fathers day present?

I don't think anyone would be angry. It's a legitamate golf ball just not for tournament play. It's not like you'd be buying Dad a sleeve of exploding golf balls.

I don't think anyone would be angry. It's a legitamate golf ball just not for tournament play. It's not like you'd be buying Dad a sleeve of exploding golf balls.

Although slipping one in the package would be hilarious.

Although slipping one in the package would be hilarious.

lol agreed, get a good laugh about it, might loosen him up for the round and in a good mood then he can be bombing the polara straight all day long lol

i actually found one of these babies in the rough today lol

It Works

It Works

I apologize, I haven't read all 50 pages, I read the first 10 pages or so before trying the balls. Having now played 18 holes with the two piece Polara's, I wanted to give my experience. I am a poor player, shoot close to 100, and occasionally over. Hopefully my experience could be helpful to other players who are closer to my level.

I have a severe slice. I played growing up, and always played with a fade with my driver and woods. I have recently gotten back into Golf, and have found that what was a fade is now a a full blown slice on my woods and Driver, and I have a fade with my long irons. The slice is almost unplayable with my driver, I usually tee off with my 4 iron or 3 hybrid, which still has a pretty bad slice. If I aim at the very left edge of the hole, I can usually keep it in play.

I arrived at the course to realize I left the Driver I have been using at home, and accidently grabbed a driver with a soft flex shaft that I flat out can not hit. It is usually 50 yards out of bounds.

The front 9 on the course I was playing was very straight and tight, while the back 9 was more wide open, but played several hard dog legs and more hazards.

My first tee shot (with the 3) was great, straight down the middle. I wasn't sure if it was the ball or just a good shot by me. The next couple holes immediately answered my question, it was in fact the balls. Tee shot after tee shot were within 10-15 yards of my point of aim, if not completely straight. A couple shots immediately shot right, only to straighten out in mid-air. Just to make sure I hadn't some how fixed my swing, I played a couple of my normal balls (Mojo's), which sliced as usual. No doubt the ball works when hit with the arrows lined up.

As mentioned above I'm a poor player who has only been back playing for a month after probably playing 10 rounds in the past 10 years. I can not tell the difference between good balls and bad balls unless I am hitting them back to back. With that said I could not tell a difference between these balls and the others I've played (which range from very cheap to pro V1's) when the arrows were not lined up.

To truly test if the ball would correct any slice I tried two tee shots with the driver I flat out can not hit. As it turns out the ball works well, but not that well. Both balls were hit well out of bounds and were never found.

I usually lose 6-12 balls per game (yeah my slice is that bad). Not counting the two balls I shot off the bad driver, I lost 3 balls. One was due to using too much club, and over hitting a green into thick brush. The other two were complete miss hits that went straight sideways. Not one was from a slice.

As said I usually shoot in the high 90's. I shot an 87 today. I feel like my short game was better than average for me today, but the biggest difference was the balls. For hackers like me the ball can take major strokes off your game. The best part for me was spending the day determining how best to approach the green instead of digging in the woods for my ball.

I don't plan on using these balls to correct my game. I am going to continue to work on my slice. But the ball allows me to play with players above my skill level without making the day incredibly frustrating for both of us.

Overall the ball works as advertised. It's a tool I will use for now, with the hopes of phasing it out as I continue to improve.

Great stuff wakerider! I think these balls are phenomenal for their target user base, makes golf so much more enjoyable. As you witnessed these work great off a fairway wood, that added loft brings out the best in the technology.

Glad you enjoyed them and best wishes going forward in your quest to get better.

--
tapatalk

Was wondering if anyone still had some of these to test. New to the forums and just started playing more than 1 or 2 rounds a year this summer as a perk of my job is free golf at the local course. I have a really bad slice and was looking for a quick fix and try something that will help fix my frustration on the course.

Was wondering if anyone still had some of these to test. New to the forums and just started playing more than 1 or 2 rounds a year this summer as a perk of my job is free golf at the local course. I have a really bad slice and was looking for a quick fix and try something that will help fix my frustration on the course.

My wife still has a few in her bag. Shes a once a month 9 holer but loves that these keep her in play. They are a great option for this type of golfer, sure beats spending 3 hours in the woods looking for every shot

I would imagine most of us have played ours or even played some and played some forward. I found this site that you could order a 2 pack just to give them a test, I would suggest you give it a try if you think these balls will fit your game. They do what they say they do, they want to go straight and they will.

http://www.golflandwarehouse.com/Golf-Balls/?xsearch_brand=147&gclid=CPHe8sH_1akCFYrb4AodNERMOg

I got my hands on a couple of these from a certain gray haired mid-Georgia THPer, and to be honest I forgot about them. I was digging around in my bag looking for an old TM Burner to try something when I came across a Polara.
"Oh yeah, heck I forgot about these!"
Since it so happened that a par 3 was next up, I decided to give it a whirl. 186ish yards to a back left pin over a trap.
I hit my Adams A4r 4hy and was slackjawed at how this thing took off and flew straight to the hole. It landed on the front edge, bounded up the green and stopped here.....
Spoiler
IMG_20110722_183517-1.jpg

I know, not really THAT close, but I did pretty much tap that in and made birdie.
The wedge is lying there because I hit a normal gamer ball after that and drew it right into the trap protecting the green. :bad:
There is no checkup on these things for sure. I played it for a few more holes since I was alone and just messing around, but it was fun to make it down tight fairways and through some trees when you need to. I just had to go a club down so as not to overshoot because of the speed at which they hit the green with no spin. LOL
I haven't read this whole thread, but I noticed the faster the clubhead speed, the weirder the performance. HATES driver. 3W ok. LOVES Hybrids.
Anyway, it was fun and could be fun to bust your buddies by hitting tight spots when they KNOW you have a hook/slice shot.
I saw an informercial on these this weekend, too. First time, I'd seen it.

I finally found the perfect golfer to try out a set of these balls that I've been holding on to for a while in order to see what they can truly do. I always felt like myself and the group I play with could never give these balls the review they deserved since we are not the market for who should be playing this ball. That player is.....my wife!!!!! That's right, a woman who has a golfing career of 5 range sessions..THAT is who this ball is made to be hit by!!!!! Two weekends ago I took her out to her 1st course, a 9 hole par 3 in Ruidoso, NM; holes ranging from 45 yards to 120. For someone who never had to truly aim before, this ball when used correctly off the tee made it very easy to get my wife to crack a smile and enjoy playing for the 1st time...o ya...and already make her 1st par!!!!!

And for that I could not be happier to be apart of THP and thankful to Polara :clap:

DUDE! I totally saw a commercial for these over the weekend! I can't remember what channel or when but I assume it was sometime on Golf Channel Saturday...

Met the family of a marketing rep for Polara company on my vacation this weekend. We discussed the ball and the company. Small world!

DUDE! I totally saw a commercial for these over the weekend! I can't remember what channel or when but I assume it was sometime on Golf Channel Saturday...

Ive seen a couple lately, advertising a test pack of 12 balls.

Back