Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

I went out to the course today just to play with this tool. I hit into one of the par 3s (175 downhill) a bunch of times with all different shots to make different ball marks. I hit one regular shot, one low bullet, one skull with very little spin, and one high arcing shot with as much spin as I could possibly put on it. Of course, I got different depths, sizes, and shapes for my ball marks with these shots. The GreenSaver was amazing and I'll just give you a rundown of how I went about fixing each one. The greens were very wet as it was raining.

Normal Shot:
It pulled up a decent sized chunk of turf and it was pretty deep, so I started at the back and worked my way around each side to the front. After I got all the way around, just a few more pokes and the job was done. I tamped it down with my putter and it looked as good as new.

Low Bullet:
This made a long, shallow mark with the sides sticking up. Here I started by using the GreenSaver on the sides of the mark. Once I got the sides down well, I went to the back, then the front. After tamping it down, it looked pretty decent- back to flat but a thin line (less than 1/4 inch) of no grass (just dirt) running down where the middle of the mark was.

Skulled, No Spin:
This one left a longish dent in the green- similar in size and shape to the previous one, but it didn't pull up much if any grass. I worked my way around this one as I did the first- front to back on both sides-, and it was back to new. Not much work in this one, a very simple fix.

Lots of Spin:
This one went super high so the mark was very small but extremely deep. Here, it didn't matter where I started, but it was more important that I pushed in twice for each spot that I did to get the grass all the way up. Once I finished and tamped it down, it was a good fix- there was some evidence around the outside of the mark that it had been there, but in no way was it noticable. The green was flat and basically back to normal.

There you go guys: just about any shot into a green I could think of. My school course is generally empty, so if you'd like me to hit any other kind of shot, provide any specific photos or videos, or just about anything else, just let me know. I should be able to do so pretty quickly.

Nice review Damaikis, I like that you used different styles of shots to get different divots to fix.

Here's a few videos of assorted divots I happened upon yesterday. Some were mine, some were left for me by some considerate other people.

I have three more to post as soon as they get done uploading.

Nice vids small. That thing is so fast lol

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Way to go Smalls. Nice vids.

The final three videos from yesterday:

[video=youtube;xOhz3OJU-so]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhz3OJU-so[/video]

[video=youtube;U-WqxLfvCPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-WqxLfvCPg[/video]

Great videos Smallville. I have to say, I was very skeptical when I first saw this and even after the first few vids. However, now that most people know how to use it, I am continually amazed and how simple, fast, and effective it is. I bought one and can't wait to use it.

Great videos Smallville. I have to say, I was very skeptical when I first saw this and even after the first few vids. However, now that most people know how to use it, I am continually amazed and how simple, fast, and effective it is. I bought one and can't wait to use it.

Another one that we've won over. Excellent! And more gold Smalls!

jwalker where did you get this? I searched eBay to no avail.

jwalker where did you get this? I searched eBay to no avail.

Go to greensaver.ie and there is a link that will take you to the ebay store. That is how I ordered mine.

Go to greensaver.ie and there is a link that will take you to the ebay store. That is how I ordered mine.

Found it, Thanks. What was your total with shipping and everything? I am confused with the different currency hehe

Found it, Thanks. What was your total with shipping and everything? I am confused with the different currency hehe

It came out to 12.03 USD I think

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Will most likely be ordering tomorrow

If you have any questions ask Conor. He was really nice when I was asking him about everything.

Really cool to see how you guys have gotten better with it as you've gotten more used to it. Didn't seem like it took you guys too long to really get the hang of it either. Definitely got me interested in picking up one.

Great Videos as always Smallie!

Glad to see a couple of new converts here too!

Smalls, that first ball mark in your 3-in-30 video, was it as deep as it looked in the video? I'm guessing, maybe an inch deep? If so, this tool really is fantastic.

Skill of Smallville

Skill of Smallville

Hi Smalls,
I was going to try to post some videos under the heading, " How to get the best out of your Greensaver " but after seeing your latest videos, there is absolutly no need for any imput from me. The way you roll the back of the divot back into the centre and then the speed at which you use the tool to finish the job are just perfect. My original advertising video might be a bit misleading in that the camera man insisted that I slow down the action so it would be clear. If I was to give anybody advice now it would be to watch your videos to see how to get the best out of the tool.

Thank's for saving me all that work.

Conor.

+1 Smalls...you may have a career on your hands here....

Great videos SV, you work that thing like a champion.

It's definitely a good buy for anyone who remotely struggles with a regular divot tool. It's just fun to use and a very neat tool.

Hi Smalls,
I was going to try to post some videos under the heading, " How to get the best out of your Greensaver " but after seeing your latest videos, there is absolutly no need for any imput from me. The way you roll the back of the divot back into the centre and then the speed at which you use the tool to finish the job are just perfect. My original advertising video might be a bit misleading in that the camera man insisted that I slow down the action so it would be clear. If I was to give anybody advice now it would be to watch your videos to see how to get the best out of the tool.

Thank's for saving me all that work.

Conor.

ABSOLUTLEY! I think the major advantage of this tool is the speed. Plus, I don't know why but it sounds really cool.

ABSOLUTLEY! I think the major advantage of this tool is the speed. Plus, I don't know why but it sounds really cool.

speed helps but I would say the advantage is getting the same result almost every time. The tool does all the work resulting in a perfectly fixed ball mark each and every time.

Back