Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering a new station to grind my own wedges. I've never done it before but it honestly looks very easy.

Since this is equipment pondering, you should consider some new balls since nerfny has yours in a safety deposit box.

It's also the reason why he needs a shaft extractor.

She keeps his balls in a safety deposit box! Dang they must be some good balls huh? I keep mine in my pants in the cold winter months..... Just prior to teeing off they are nice and warm......

Man...my 3 wood has a tenuous hold on it's spot at best. I've been unfaithful and trying a lot of the newer ones out there but nothing that's stealing the show for me just yet. :(

Well that and my constant desire for new irons. Looking forward to being able to try out the new Mizuno's soon!

Man...my 3 wood has a tenuous hold on it's spot at best. I've been unfaithful and trying a lot of the newer ones out there but nothing that's stealing the show for me just yet. :(

Well that and my constant desire for new irons. Looking forward to being able to try out the new Mizuno's soon!

Have you tried the Cleveland fairway's? Literally the best I've ever played and people here RAVE about them. Worth it almost based on the shaft alone IMO. Its different for everyone though.

Pondering some scor wedges... My Mizzies, after about a year of pounding, are starting to lose their grooves. Plus I've had a couple mediocre rounds with them this past 2 weeks.

in the market for a new driver and fairway wood... anything new coming out soon or will whats out be the top of the line next spring? I see lots of people testing new equipment from THP, any way to get on that?

in the market for a new driver and fairway wood... anything new coming out soon or will whats out be the top of the line next spring? I see lots of people testing new equipment from THP, any way to get on that?

Just keep your eyes open here as new products come up all the time.. As for testing sign up when you see the threads open up. If you havnt already there is an R11 signup you should sign up for. Stay active and good things will happen man

So I received my Miyazaki shaft & R9 TP tip last night. I went to install them today and it looks like I need the .350 r9 sleeve. The .335 sleeve fits great on an old proforce v2 .335 shaft I had lying around, but just wont fit the same on the Miyazaki (only the first 1/2" or so fits). Although the Miyazaki specs say its .335, it looks like the previous owner may have put a metal shim or something on the tip to make it a big bigger.

Any ideas how to get the shim off or should I just suck it up and buy the .350 sleeve? The bummer of it all is I bought these for a golf trip this weekend and I doubt I will be able to find a new sleeve in time. I'm going to call a local Golf Galaxy and a smaller shop today hoping they have one, but I am not optimistic.

IMAG0231.jpg

I wonder if you can heat up that shim and get it off? That sucks.

Pondering some scor wedges... My Mizzies, after about a year of pounding, are starting to lose their grooves. Plus I've had a couple mediocre rounds with them this past 2 weeks.

After watching One-T hit SCOR wedges for 27 holes, I would be pondering too! Dude, they are good. Real good!

After watching One-T hit SCOR wedges for 27 holes, I would be pondering too! Dude, they are good. Real good!

Heck yeah they are....that's a good ponder

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

I wonder if you can heat up that shim and get it off? That sucks.

Yea, I think I'm going to see if my local shop can heat it and extract it carefully if I cant find a .350 sleeve locally. I just fear ruining the shaft by pressing too much to have it ready for my trip.

Yes, yes they are. Check out my flop shot video in the SCOR thread that I posted last night! :clapp:

I would love to ponder One-tizzle, but lefties aren't allowed to have SCOR's.

I am pondering selling my Mashie M3 and my Nike VR Forged AW. I find that I havent been using them and when I do, I have other clubs that work just as well for my game. Not sure if I would replace them and if I did, with what.

I am pondering selling my M3 too, just cant keep the thing from hooking.

I am at a point in my game where the M3 and M4 are virtually identical for me. I hit them them just about the same distance and my ball flight is generally low anyway so I would prefer the little extra loft I get from the M4. Also the Nike VR Forged wedges are just not working for me like I hoped they would. It stinks being LH because it is very difficult to try clubs before buying them.

I am at a point in my game where the M3 and M4 are virtually identical for me. I hit them them just about the same distance and my ball flight is generally low anyway so I would prefer the little extra loft I get from the M4. Also the Nike VR Forged wedges are just not working for me like I hoped they would. It stinks being LH because it is very difficult to try clubs before buying them.

Dev what problem are you having with the VR wedges?

I would love to ponder One-tizzle, but lefties aren't allowed to have SCOR's.

No we aren't, but we are allowed to ponder Eidelons so that is where my mind has started to wander after reading the scor thread.

No we aren't, but we are allowed to ponder Eidelons so that is where my mind has started to wander after reading the scor thread.

I'm still working with the JAWS dude.

I'm still working with the JAWS dude.

Have you started to like them at all? They're pretty different from your MP-T11's.

They are starting to come around for me dude.

Thats good. I'm ready to ponder something exciting, a dog!

I'm pondering more staff bags....

And a new paintjob for my method. I really screwed it up.

Dev what problem are you having with the VR wedges?

They are just not working for me. I cannot make solid contact for whatever reason with them. When I hit the AW that came with my set, I hit it fine. Also around the greens I am having trouble making proper contact with them. Everything seems to be going left or right. I have been trying to work it out but it baffles me because my PW and AW that came with the set I hit fine so I doubt it is a swing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back