Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you dont mean alter your tempo rather than SS?

I've tried to be as smooth as possible with the club, and I can not make it work consistently. Just when I'm convinced to get rid of it I will hit a great shot with it. But the next time its back to hook city. It's crazy because i almost never hook any other club. The only way I can hit it is to focus on swinging SLOW, not smooth but mega slow. Then I hit it about 185 to 190, which is easy 5 iron territory. In that case what is the point.

I can make it work on the range by altering my grip and stance, but its just not viable on the course. I've tried hard to make the club work, we just don't get along.

Are you sure you dont mean alter your tempo rather than SS?

^^^^^ This.

The Miyazaki shaft seems to respond best with a nice smooth tempo, which in turn produces optimal SS for me too, and great directional control. I am still in love with the Mashies and have absolutely no plans to replace them. They are fairway finders. Played a tight course this past weekend with a couple old dudes. I hit mashie off the tee on all but the par 5s. After about hole 16, and hitting all the fairways (yes, all the fairways!) with the mashies, one of the old guys started calling me Captain Hybrid.

And they aren't just straight, they're Looooong too. So long its almost silly to hit driver on most holes. I don't have problems hooking the Mashie either. And it can be had for under 100 bucks now. That's just a steal for the shaft you get in it.

I liked my ci9s, wish I had them fitted and didn't give up on them

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I liked my ci9s, wish I had them fitted and didn't give up on them

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I loved mine, till the 2.0's arrived.

My dad though is in love with the Ci9's now, so it worked out.

I'm currently looking to buy a new set of irons. I bought my first set of irons (Taylormade Burner XD's) and really enjoyed these irons and saw a significant improvement in my game. I found good deals on three sets of irons and I'm trying to decide between Nike VR Full Cavity, Callaway FT Irons and Wilson Ci9 Irons. I have been golfing for a few years and want a good mixture of control and forgiveness. I'm relatively new buying clubs, so any help is greatly appreciated!
I have some CI9's and I love them. They have definitely help me improve my game. They offered just the right amount of forgiveness and workability. I hadn't bought irons since 1999 so these were a huge upgrade for me in the technology department and to be honest I just couldn't beat the price. You can find some great deals on these irons.

I don't hook the mashie at all. I think it's the easiest club in my bag to hit. Do you have the opportunity to hit it?
I think one of the local courses has a demo that I can hit... It is on my list of things to do. its more expensive to hit balls there so I go to another course to hit balls. But like I said it is on my list of things to do in the very near future. Got a birthday coming up and I want a new hybrid so I want to see if this is the club for me.

Looking into new shafts for my old irons...the RXF's just arent working out for me.

Looking into new shafts for my old irons...the RXF's just arent working out for me.

Hate to hear that Concept, what shafts are in the old irons now? What shafts did you put in the RXF's?

Hate to hear that Concept, what irons are in the old irons now?

R7s...I just dont get what is wrong with the RXFs now I hit them great but absurdly short all of a sudden. I dont know if its the shafts or if it might be my wrist. Either way I need to replace the shafts on my R7s

I edited my post, I meant to ask what shafts are in both clubs. That has to be dissapointing to not hit them the way you were hoping to.

The R7 have reg flex graphite which is why I cant use them lol. I put DG SL S300s in my RXFs

Pondering a new FW - looking at the SuperFast 2.0 3w (15*), Cleveland FL, and the Diable Octane.

Still looking to OEM a new 3H 21* to replace my Mashie. I just cant 'swing easier' enough to keep the m3 from hooking. Any suggestions of where to start my search? I know I need to stay away from the closed face angles for sure.

Amen. If the swing is smooth these clubs reward you for sure. I run into trouble when I'm swinging well and start getting after the ball with the Mashie. Then I'm reminded to take my time with them.

That being said I'm keeping my eye out for new hybrids that may be coming out to see if there's something that may replace 1 or both of the Mashies in my bag.

^^^^^ This.

The Miyazaki shaft seems to respond best with a nice smooth tempo, which in turn produces optimal SS for me too, and great directional control. I am still in love with the Mashies and have absolutely no plans to replace them. They are fairway finders. Played a tight course this past weekend with a couple old dudes. I hit mashie off the tee on all but the par 5s. After about hole 16, and hitting all the fairways (yes, all the fairways!) with the mashies, one of the old guys started calling me Captain Hybrid.

And they aren't just straight, they're Looooong too. So long its almost silly to hit driver on most holes. I don't have problems hooking the Mashie either. And it can be had for under 100 bucks now. That's just a steal for the shaft you get in it.

Still looking to OEM a new 3H 21* to replace my Mashie. I just cant 'swing easier' enough to keep the m3 from hooking. Any suggestions of where to start my search? I know I need to stay away from the closed face angles for sure.

Have you hit the 910H?

Have you hit the 910H?

I've only hit it on a store simulator. I'm hoping my buddy still has his in his bag so I can hit it this weekend. I like the idea of adjustability in a hybrid so I can open it up a notch if I start seeing some hooks.

I've only hit it on a store simulator. I'm hoping my buddy still has his in his bag so I can hit it this weekend. I like the idea of adjustability in a hybrid so I can open it up a notch if I start seeing some hooks.

I dont mess with mine as Ive found it just about perfect on the stock setting but it is nice knowing the option is there. Plus you have shaft options too.

You mean its the anti OEM club? Need a closed face? Boom. Need a stiffer shaft? Boom.
I dont mess with mine as Ive found it just about perfect on the stock setting but it is nice knowing the option is there. Plus you have shaft options too.

You mean its the anti OEM club? Need a closed face? Boom. Need a stiffer shaft? Boom.

Exactly. You can have it your way. Certain OEM's have a perception that is rightly earned but that doesn't always mean the clubs aren't still good clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back