Callaway RAZR X Black Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2012 Callaway RAZR X Black driver is here and we wanted to put up some in hand pictures of both the look and style of the club. It will be available in early 2012.

i-P9p6XSX-L.jpg

i-PhWVHxx-L.jpg

i-hFP2VZk-L.jpg

i-zSpp9Hw-L.jpg

i-N3TtS82-L.jpg

i-NHctQsN-L.jpg

This driver also looks very good, though I'm not sure how I like the crown's red accents. I feel like they might get distracting, but I won't know until I hit it! This one certainly looks great, and Cally really brought it with both of their drivers this season!

That thing just looks mean!

Wow, very interesting looking driver. I like the kevlar type look of the crown, but it may just be too bold for my eye. The logo on the face doesn't bother me too much (assuming that forged composite logo is just a sticker), as long as one can still see the ball mark when the club is hit. It almost looks like it has a draw bias from the top down pic.

im LOVIN the shaft in it. I think i like the looks of the fit a little better but i much prefer the shaft in this club.

I for one love the look, the red & black look great and I really want to see the head of that driver in person, it looks very cool in the pics.

Wow - really impressed with the looks of this. Love how the head cover sits on the head and then you have the honeycomb composite material on the sole with the alignment on the head in red, just all around a very sharp looking package.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I Don't know how I feel about the crown.

Another great looking driver from Callaway. I still prefer the Razr Fit but would have to hit both.

I don't know if I am all about the red on this driver. I think it is nice on the head, but adding it to the shaft is to much. I don't think it would bother me while hitting, but I just don't like the over all looks of it. I sure it is going to be a great driver, coming from Callaway.

That's a really nice shaft!

Hey jb i see you!!!

Im not a callaway guy, but this club looks good none the less! Ill be showiing some of my friends who are though!

I know this is a different line but I wonder if this is more for the Octane crowd? Either way I have a few things...

I didn't give the Octane a fair swipe and that's what that intrigues me. I've been messing around with one at PGA SS and I have been absolutely blown away. Almost to the point where I had a moment of question the RHT.

I love the design. I like the crown for alignment purposes and I'm looking at the hosel thinking, thank you Callaway!

It's like a Darth Vader version of the Octane. I kind of dig it.

I know this is a different line but I wonder if this is more for the Octane crowd?

That was my thinking as I was looking at the pics.

I think it looks mean, up until I see the crown - I'm not too sure about that, but in person, looking at the club as a whole it may look better.

The more I look at that crown, maybe that design would help with alignment. I would have to see it in person. Also, the crown looks really shinny. Any glare issues with it?

It's like a Darth Vader version of the Octane. I kind of dig it.

Same here man! It looks so sleek! And powerful.

That was my thinking as I was looking at the pics.

I think it looks mean, up until I see the crown - I'm not too sure about that, but in person, looking at the club as a whole it may look better.

I think you're right. Looking at the shaft, headcover, crown etc... it probably fits extremely well together.

The more I look at that crown, maybe that design would help with alignment. I would have to see it in person. Also, the crown looks really shinny. Any glare issues with it?

The crown is almost identical to the Octane. Stop by the store and check it out. The lines do kind of create an alignment aid, at least they did for me.

The design on the crown is not distracting on the course. This driver frames the ball very well. I liked it better then the Fit

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

The crown is almost identical to the Octane. Stop by the store and check it out. The lines do kind of create an alignment aid, at least they did for me.

I that the carbon-composite is the exact same. It's the red lines that throw me off.

The design on the crown is not distracting on the course. This driver frames the ball very well. I liked it better then the Fit

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
I can see how it would frame the ball quite well, I like that a lot.

I am digging the looks of this driver, love the look down at address. I like the black/red combo that Callaway went with.

Is this as hot as the Callaway drivers seemed to me last year (that sounds weird lol)? The ball just exploded at impact for me.

I really like the looks of this driver, but I have yet to hit a Fujikura shaft very well. Ii like the red on the crown and the looks of the shaft.

I that the carbon-composite is the exact same. It's the red lines that throw me off.

I don't know if it's exactly the same as the Octane or not but it looks to be like there's actually more forged composite featured on the crown of this driver. I like it.

Back