Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ponder list is about empty except BB 3 wood but I think that is leaving ponder list soon :)

Seemore SB2

I'm pretty much pondered out. My bag is pretty well set. I have made or have coming all the additions I wanted to make this year. So nothing really to ponder...

I'm pretty much pondered out. My bag is pretty well set. I have made or have coming all the additions I wanted to make this year. So nothing really to ponder...

Famous last words.

I can either get a Big Bertha Alpha, or a uDesign Big Bertha. (Callaway shipped some to my local sporting goods store in Scarlet and Grey).

I'm stuck.

BBA all the way!

Reading the reviews, I've got a bad slice. It's not as forgiving.

I have currently an X-Hot and an Optiforce. I'll tell you right now I hit the X-Hot significantly better. I don't mind getting the alpha, I just want to make sure it's the right situation for me. I need to test drive them both.

I'd look at the regular Big Bertha first. Sliding weight could help you a little bit with directional control. Maybe. Your X-Hot is still probably the more forgiving driver though.

Bio Cell or Adams XTD... which is more forgiving laterally?

Bio Cell.
Perhaps the best driver released this year.

I've moved back to my original Amp Cell over the Bertha, its just that much better and it's not even close.

Maybe I won't switch drivers. If it's not that big of an upgrade, I could save the money. Just trade in the optiforce, for a putter and try something other than my scotty cameron.

I've moved back to my original Amp Cell over the Bertha, its just that much better and it's not even close.

Interesting. I've yet to hit the amp cell and I hear nothing but good things about it

Funny thing is, from a ball speed retention standpoint the Bio is a pretty solid jump from the AC, but the AC just spins a lot more which can really make up for a lot depending on the swing. Both SUCH good drivers.

I needed a tad lower so the Bio has been a better fit for me, but the Bertha is the best driver released this year IMO. As many drivers as I have put into play for review this year, the Bio is closest, but even then, its not all that close form an all around package point of view.

Interesting. I've yet to hit the amp cell and I hear nothing but good things about it

Opposite end of the spectrum from what you're gaming, it spins like a top compared to the SLDR.

Opposite end of the spectrum from what you're gaming, it spins like a top compared to the SLDR.

Which means I'm going back to hitting the ball over trees to get back to the same hole

KBS Tour-V shafts in stiff. It's a constant ponder right now.

Do it! Those shafts will be in my MC bag. I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got from them.

A Bridgestone stand bag.

Do it! Those shafts will be in my MC bag. I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got from them.

At some point in my golf career, I will own the Apex Irons with Tour V shafts in them. Incredible.

At some point in my golf career, I will own the Apex Irons with Tour V shafts in them. Incredible.

I'll post more in the appropriate threads but I will say that I completely agree with you.

Just spent some time at GG hitting irons with lighter shafts than mine; the Bio Cell, 588 MT's and X2Hots. I gotta say, they were all pretty much identical, although I saw the best consistency with the X2Hot and MT. My golf teacher recommended a lighter shaft to ramp up swing speed and after hitting everything side by side with him, it probably makes sense. I always suspected I should switch out the Nippons and really only bought them for the heads.

But not sure if I make a move with a different set, or get a set of Aerotech Steelfiber I80's in regular flex and throw those in my current irons.

Either way, I'll probably be doing something, just need to deep ponder.

Still have speedblades on my mind

Was at Van's Golf Shop last friday, checking out the SC Milled line-up, as well as Ping putters and the new Odessey putters. Really wanted to like the Scotty Cameron GoLo 5.
Spent 2 hrs putting.
Nothing felt as good as my Odessey Versa 7.
Guess I saved $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back