Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

I might as well throw my .02 in. For me, I also felt like the 20XI (both X and S) are hard as rocks with the putter and I really don't like that. I also feel that the Penta is longer and creates more spin. The 20XI is a great ball, definitely in my top 3, but isn't a primary choice for me.

When you tested the spin, you found more in the Penta? Can you describe your testing? Really curious there.
Can I also ask your swing speed?

I have loved the Nike One Platinum, Black and Tour D balls. They feel different from one another and yet perform well.

The 20XI-X takes off like a rocket! It feel the fastest off of the driver compare to just about any other ball that I've tried. The cover must be soft since it tends to scuff up more than, say, the ProV 1x. Overall, I liked the sleeves of both the 20XI-x and 20XI-s models and will buy more.

I love the 20XI-X.....feels great with all my sticks. The only complaint I have is the sound of the face of my driver. Its much louder than any other ball I have played. I even let my foursome last week each one back to back with their current ball and they all agree that they are very loud. Not that it matters as the ball performs VERY well. I guess I do have another complaint-COST. These balls are not cheap.

Super intrigued by these, I have to say though the packaging might be the worst all time.

Very interested in these as I have always been a Nike ball guy, but the price is too high for me. Nike balls have always lacked durability in the past, has anyone commented on that? Do they still get hacked up with a good wedge shot? I hate when I can see my groove marks on the ball on my second swing on the ball.

I find this ball interchangable with Pro V1 and Penta. If they had no logos on them I couldn't tell the difference. All I know is that I lose too many of them to play them all the time.

Played full round with s today.....normally play penta.....really good ball! Flies higher with more spin around greens .......might be my new ball......

Yoccos played this ball for about 7 or 8 holes last week at Grand Cypress. He almost killed a groundskeeper with a snap hook off the tee. The guy was nice enough to give him one of these 20XI balls that he found. Seemed like a solid performer for him. I didn't notice the durability on it(maybe Tmex can help with that). He was hitting it long and stopping balls on the green like crazy.

Wanted to give a little updated on the 20XI-X after playing it since the end of July. I just lost my last ball out of the sleeve of 3 that I bought at the beach. I played those 3 balls exclusively for the entire month of August which equals to about 12 rounds of golf. The last one found the lake yesterday after a pitiful tee shot. The balls durability is second to none in my opinion and it performs very well after round abuse mounts up. I normally switch a ball when it gets scuffed up but honestly this ball performed just as good with scuffs and little cuts as it did brand new. So I was going to see if I noticed a difference playing it until I lost it. I can honestly say I did NOT notice a performance hit worth mentioning and my scoring continued to get better and more consistent since switching from the Penta. My handicap index has dropped a full point in the past month and while I'm sure some of that has to do with my game peeking for the club championship and summer, you have to give the equipment change some credit.

What I said in my intial impression holds true but I will add that this ball does feel firmer than last years Tour D. It's not a bad firm to me though as it feels like I can control and spin it more but the mushy soft feel of the Tour D isn't there when it is compressed it just sounds and feels a little more clicky to me, but STILL premium ball soft. Performance wise the ball works for my game and I will continue to play it, I just bought a dozen of them and will play those for the club championship this week. Just wanted to give an update to my intial thoughts on the ball and if anyone has any questions about my thoughts please let me know.

Wanted to give a little updated on the 20XI-X after playing it since the end of July. I just lost my last ball out of the sleeve of 3 that I bought at the beach. I played those 3 balls exclusively for the entire month of August which equals to about 12 rounds of golf. The last one found the lake yesterday after a pitiful tee shot. The balls durability is second to none in my opinion and it performs very well after round abuse mounts up. I normally switch a ball when it gets scuffed up but honestly this ball performed just as good with scuffs and little cuts as it did brand new. So I was going to see if I noticed a difference playing it until I lost it. I can honestly say I did NOT notice a performance hit worth mentioning and my scoring continued to get better and more consistent since switching from the Penta. My handicap index has dropped a full point in the past month and while I'm sure some of that has to do with my game peeking for the club championship and summer, you have to give the equipment change some credit.

What I said in my intial impression holds true but I will add that this ball does feel firmer than last years Tour D. It's not a bad firm to me though as it feels like I can control and spin it more but the mushy soft feel of the Tour D isn't there when it is compressed it just sounds and feels a little more clicky to me, but STILL premium ball soft. Performance wise the ball works for my game and I will continue to play it, I just bought a dozen of them and will play those for the club championship this week. Just wanted to give an update to my intial thoughts on the ball and if anyone has any questions about my thoughts please let me know.

I've been playin' both my last 4 rounds or so and I can honestly say, the PENTA is head over heels a better feeling ball for me. Even mixed in a Tour D or 2 and just not a fan of the NIKE balls.

I played the 20XI for a little and personally, I liked the One Tour better

One Tour is a superior ball IMHO. Just as long as the X (the two are the longest balls I've ever hit, even at a higher compression). One Tour seems to have a more predictable spin. Furthermore, the One Tour's durabilitiy is leaps and bounds beyond the 20XI.

Tapatalk just feels so soft on the fingertips when used on a buttery soft, forged iPhone.

I'm playing the s now, I never spun a ball back until today, 9 iron from 132
aefc506a-ecad-b28e.jpg

U can see the ball mark on the back of the green, Im digging this ball right now

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I've picked up a box of the 20XI-S balls and while I don't notice much of a difference in performance as compared to the penta or B330's I do find that the durability of them are not to my liking. I've used them the last 2 rounds and have found that after a few hard wedge shots I'm peeling the cover off of them. Once I'm through this box I probably won't be buying them again because of that.

Played this ball again today as it was all I had in my bag. I love the performance but I am still having trouble with the durability. Each time I hit full irons or wedges, I get nasty scrapes.

Played this ball again today as it was all I had in my bag. I love the performance but I am still having trouble with the durability. Each time I hit full irons or wedges, I get nasty scrapes.

The durablility is the only thing keeping me from buying more, if they get that issue taken care of with a cover adjustment they would get more of my money along with allot of others probably

I would buy a sleeve but 12 for one is just too much. Waiting for lostgolfballs.com to get some more in for a full 12.

I would buy a sleeve but 12 for one is just too much. Waiting for lostgolfballs.com to get some more in for a full 12.

Rock manor has 2 ball sleeves for $6

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Rock manor has 2 ball sleeves for $6

Wow well that's certainly nice to have. Mind picking me up one? Play it the next time we get together.

Wow well that's certainly nice to have. Mind picking me up one? Play it the next time we get together.

No problem

I played one on wednesday. A kid traded me one for a Penta. I was impressed with it. I tore it up pretty bad though.

Played this golf ball for 2 straight rounds and my findings are exactly the same as they have been previously. Love the ball on approach shots into the green and the spin and feel is outstanding, but the durability is just not good for me. I can barely get 6 holes out of them before they are scuffed up pretty bad and without losing any last round, I went through due to seeing some pretty severe damage.

Whether or not that causes any issues or not to ball flight, I dont know, but I hate seeing scuffs that remind me of the old balata balls after a few holes. I cant imagine that they fly identically as a new ball being as though some of these are pretty deep.

Played this golf ball for 2 straight rounds and my findings are exactly the same as they have been previously. Love the ball on approach shots into the green and the spin and feel is outstanding, but the durability is just not good for me. I can barely get 6 holes out of them before they are scuffed up pretty bad and without losing any last round, I went through due to seeing some pretty severe damage.

Whether or not that causes any issues or not to ball flight, I dont know, but I hate seeing scuffs that remind me of the old balata balls after a few holes. I cant imagine that they fly identically as a new ball being as though some of these are pretty deep.

Which one were you playing? XIX or XIS

Back