Hitting into people

I know it is all fun and games, but as a course worker I never have understood this train of thought either? We close the range to pick balls because of this very thought.

yeah i never saw a moving pin so i usually just aim for yardage markers or chipping net thats not moving!

Our range picker is a cart with a fabric cover. 99% of the time the owners wife picks the range. If I were to ever see someone teeing off on her repeatedly, the :poop:would hit the fan.

Yeah, I would have problems with that, especially with such little protection.
Our range picker is a cart with a fabric cover. 99% of the time the owners wife picks the range. If I were to ever see someone teeing off on her repeatedly, the :poop:would hit the fan.

I worked with a guy who was a range picker, except it was many years ago and he did it by hand with a HELMET on...lol.... That is fantastic.

I'm going to go to the range today, set up my balls, turn side ways, and fire balls at my range mates.

It's ok, chosen1, you learned a valuable lesson and that's all that matters.

I like this.

When I go to the range today, I am going straight to the chipping area, find someone practicing from about 5 yards out and post up about 15 yards behind them and start chipping over them. I hit a high ball so it should be all good.

I'm going to go to the range today, set up my balls, turn side ways, and fire balls at my range mates.

It's ok, chosen1, you learned a valuable lesson and that's all that matters.

I've seen TC hit on a range, those people are safe, hehe

Tap,Tap,Tap

I've seen TC hit on a range, those people are safe, hehe

Tap,Tap,Tap

Hey now! If I want to hit someone on purpose I can. When my brother and I were down in Florida for my grandmother's funeral, we drove over to play golf with JB, and the three of us and biggsy went to the range. I was kidding and said I would hit a knock down driver right at the range/picker guy and drilled him. He was pissed.

Hey now! If I want to hit someone on purpose I can. When my brother and I were down in Florida for my grandmother's funeral, we drove over to play golf with JB, and the three of us and biggsy went to the range. I was kidding and said I would hit a knock down driver right at the range/picker guy and drilled him. He was pissed.

Haha, great shot.

Tap,Tap,Tap

IMO a video of you hitting into that group would be better than the one from last week.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I understand that sometimes its an accident but for you more experienced players who know your distance, don't try and act surprised that you hit into our group.

so the course i played yesterday #10 is a 154yrd par3 that runs alongside the driving range
the hs kids were out practicing and they will yell fore if they push one but the old guys never do
old guy slices one and the ball ran across the green while i was putting lol... scared the crap out of me

Where I played today there is a weird spot where the cart path leaving the 15th green, crosses right in front of the tee boxes for the 5th or 6th hole. We walk back to our carts, and there are 4 guys standing on the tee box. Where we are currently sitting in our cart, is out of their way on a good shot, But if they block one to the right, it's going to really really hurt since we are close enought there is pretty much no reaction time. The guy is behind the ball in what I assume is his pre-shot routine, my dad waves, and we start to roll forward to get out of the way. The guy starts to walk towards the ball. The other guy whistles to catch his attention, and he looks at us, and continues towards the ball. The guy then lines up and starts his backswing AS WE ARE DRIVING IN FRONT OF HIM. The guy flails his arms and drops his club. As we roll buy them we say thanks and the guys just give us the death stare and don't say a word. I was shocked that they felt we should have stayed there in harms way. Instead of them waiting 12 seconds for us to move by.

Just gotta say, I've tried to open up to the flat bills on a golf course thing, but the idiot was wearing one. This incident didn't help drive that stereotype out of mine at all.

The guy starts to walk towards the ball. The other guy whistles to catch his attention, and he looks at us, and continues towards the ball. The guy then lines up and starts his backswing AS WE ARE DRIVING IN FRONT OF HIM. The guy flails his arms and drops his club.

Some guys love to be offended. I do find it odd that some golfers seem more likely to make an enemy than a friend when groups pass. Not sure if they only plan on playing there once, or will only play with their buddies, but guys like that don't seem to have much fun. If I was in his group I'd be looking at him like he's the ass here. I hope he topped his drive after all that drama.:D

I didn't turn around to check what he did.

I was scared to death twice this week... in the same round. We were playing behind a slow threesome who refused to let us play through. The twosome behind us also caught up to us on a par 3. On that par 3, while I was playing out of a bunker, one guy pulled an absolute no-no —*teed off before we left the green. The ball flew straight at me and ended up hitting me off the foot while I was getting ready to swing. On the next tee, we confronted the guy, and he got ticked off and told us to mind our own business and worry about playing faster. Not wanting a fight, we let it slide... until 2 holes later. On a par 5, they teed off while we were only about 250 away, and ended up about 5 clubs short of us. This time, we picked up his ball and threw it into the nearby hazard (a little too far, I know). The guy pulled up behind us on his cart and started shouting for us touching his ball, not bothering to apologize. We called the pro shop and they came out to remove him from the property (his buddy was allowed to stay, seeing as he did nothing). When he resisted, they called out security, who literally had to forcibly move him off the course. He left screaming his a** off and shouting how he was going to sue.

I hate people like this. Those who do something wrong, then don't admit it. He was banned from the premises of the golf course, and I'm happy knowing I can now play in peace.

Where I played today there is a weird spot where the cart path leaving the 15th green, crosses right in front of the tee boxes for the 5th or 6th hole. We walk back to our carts, and there are 4 guys standing on the tee box. Where we are currently sitting in our cart, is out of their way on a good shot, But if they block one to the right, it's going to really really hurt since we are close enought there is pretty much no reaction time. The guy is behind the ball in what I assume is his pre-shot routine, my dad waves, and we start to roll forward to get out of the way. The guy starts to walk towards the ball. The other guy whistles to catch his attention, and he looks at us, and continues towards the ball. The guy then lines up and starts his backswing AS WE ARE DRIVING IN FRONT OF HIM. The guy flails his arms and drops his club. As we roll buy them we say thanks and the guys just give us the death stare and don't say a word. I was shocked that they felt we should have stayed there in harms way. Instead of them waiting 12 seconds for us to move by.

Just gotta say, I've tried to open up to the flat bills on a golf course thing, but the idiot was wearing one. This incident didn't help drive that stereotype out of mine at all.

We live in a ME ME ME world. There are unlimited numbers of idiots looking for something to do. Too bad they had to choose golf!

I was scared to death twice this week... in the same round. We were playing behind a slow threesome who refused to let us play through. The twosome behind us also caught up to us on a par 3. On that par 3, while I was playing out of a bunker, one guy pulled an absolute no-no —*teed off before we left the green. The ball flew straight at me and ended up hitting me off the foot while I was getting ready to swing. On the next tee, we confronted the guy, and he got ticked off and told us to mind our own business and worry about playing faster. Not wanting a fight, we let it slide... until 2 holes later. On a par 5, they teed off while we were only about 250 away, and ended up about 5 clubs short of us. This time, we picked up his ball and threw it into the nearby hazard (a little too far, I know). The guy pulled up behind us on his cart and started shouting for us touching his ball, not bothering to apologize. We called the pro shop and they came out to remove him from the property (his buddy was allowed to stay, seeing as he did nothing). When he resisted, they called out security, who literally had to forcibly move him off the course. He left screaming his a** off and shouting how he was going to sue.

I hate people like this. Those who do something wrong, then don't admit it. He was banned from the premises of the golf course, and I'm happy knowing I can now play in peace.

Great ending. You did the right thing by calling in. I love/hate those calls when I work at the course. We always go out in pairs to deal with the idiots.

When he resisted, they called out security, who literally had to forcibly move him off the course. He left screaming his a** off and shouting how he was going to sue.
That's better than any birdie I've ever had. There is at least one guy a weekend I'd love to see come to this end. I like how he went all badass and threatens to sue. Ohhhh my....

Wow, what a jerk. It's not like anyone was going anywhere. You did the right calling the pro shop and the golf course did the right thing throwing him out.

That's better than any birdie I've ever had. There is at least one guy a weekend I'd love to see come to this end. I like how he went all badass and threatens to sue. Ohhhh my....

LOL. The best part was when the security guard replied to the guy, "I'm really trying to see thing from your point of view, but I just can't get my head that far up my a**" GREATEST. SECURITY. GUARD. EVER.

I can handle someone hitting into me, as long as they apologize/know/realize what they did. I always will try to apologize.

Does anyone ever ask to be let through? I never do, I always let the group ask me.

LOL. The best part was when the security guard replied to the guy, "I'm really trying to see thing from your point of view, but I just can't get my head that far up my a**" GREATEST. SECURITY. GUARD. EVER.

Dude, I would have bowed on my knees to that level of coolness. +100000000000 for the guy.

I've never even heard of a "security guard" at a golf course, but pretty cool story.

I've never even heard of a "security guard" at a golf course, but pretty cool story.

I don't know, he worked at the golf course, but he was a big guy, so I'm assuming he's some sort of security

This past Saturday I doubled a pretty easy par 3 and on the next tee I told my buddies I needed some stress relief and pulled driver. Hole is about 290 yards with trees that will catch drives along the right, blocking a straight line to the green. Group in front of us was on the green. I aim a little left of the trees and absolutely destroy my drive. Ball started to fly over the trees and I yelled fore as loud as I could. Ball hits the fringe, pops straight up and stops 20 feet from the hole. One of them yelled something back at me, not sure what. Sure it wasn't nice. I missed my eagle putt, but made birdie. Honestly, probably the best drive of my career. Even my buddies were shocked as I am the shortest hitter in our group. The trees make it nearly impossible to drive the green and I was NOT trying to drive the green. No one waits for the green to clear on that hole.

I did drive ahead to apologize to them on the next tee and they were a little put off at first. One of them says, "I did hear fore, but I never thought it was us, helluva a drive guy." Said thanks and everyone was cool. Was a freak shot and I can't recall the last time I came that close to hitting someone. Accidents do happen.

I was there with redlyne, yoccos & c0ncept when we were almost killed (twice). First time was inexcusable, short par 4 and I was about to hit my pitch approach when the ball landed probably 5yrds away from redlyne's cart. 2nd time was a really bad shot (bladed & pulled). He yelled fore, but it was the jerk comments from the others in their group to us that made it worse. Like "you must be delusional to be playing the back tees", when we weren't. We were playing the same tees they were! Heard multiple comments from the jerks in their group throughout the day.
We played in 4hrs, 10mins which isn't bad considering we shot 80, low 80s, and low 90s. We were the first tee time going off at 6:15 too. Its far too early on a sunday to be having THAT bad of a day (them of course). Some people need to really lighten up and be courteous.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Back