2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd run like Chunky to a playdate for the opportunity to tee the ball up for JB dude.

LMAO...ain't.gonna.happen.

Poor Chunky - just leave the man alone!! I would be honored to be on his team....let me check with the TMEX el capitan to see if we still have a spot.

Hey man that is a skill set I have developed over many years!!!
Many years of hard work and dedication has gotten you to where you are. One nice thing about that for you though is nobody knows your nervous, you're just playing like normal!

Nothing quite like the nerves of your first THP Outing to really help you crap the bed. I've seen some damn fine golfers play like Rhino under these circumstances.

That is hysterical. Funny cause its true.

hahahahahaha been there myself! Ast One-T, +7 after 3 holes with a case of the shanks. Wasn't how I imagined my first round at an outing. Now I'm a grizzled outing veteran.

It really is. All those thoughts creep in and right during the backswing little emoticons fly out that say "dont be an internet golfer dont be an internet golfer" and then whoosh/crack. Ball goes high and right and into the range. It happens every time. We will be there with a tube of caulk and a fire extinguisher for the man, the myth, the legend of mattycaulk.

You'd run like Chunky to a playdate for the opportunity to tee the ball up for JB dude.

That is pretty funny.

It's funny. I've read a lot of smack from the rookies. I hope they know they have to back it up. Watch out for the coffee...it's a natural diuretic...that mixed with your nerves, is not a good combo. POW!

I won't be nervous. I will be ready to take on everyone. Team THP look out whomever is on my team and I are coming to get you... And I will talk a ton of smack...

...right until I duff it from the first tee box... :banghead:

Hahahahaha, I still have nerves and thats my story.

I won't be nervous. I will be ready to take on everyone. Team THP look out whomever is on my team and I are coming to get you... And I will talk a ton of smack...

...right until I duff it from the first tee box... :banghead:

hahahaha.. better make sure those MB's are in check that weekend :) Grand Cypress isnt forgiving at all.

I never thought JB had kryptonite...until I saw him in the second group of The Morgan Cup behind a slow group...oh wait, that was our lead group. Seriously, it affected us all. Scrambles should not be that slow.

hahahaha.. better make sure those MB's are in check that weekend :) Grand Cypress isnt forgiving at all.

Can someone tell that to the MB's for me. They haven't been listening as well to me lately... LOL PLus hopefully the winter rust in Ohio won't set in...

Many years of hard work and dedication has gotten you to where you are. One nice thing about that for you though is nobody knows your nervous, you're just playing like normal!

Yea now I have a new set of houses to hit and visit. I made some nice friends with the home owners along the courses at PGA, they were very nice and helpful when I was walking through their backyards looking or my golfball. We still write and I will be sending holiday cards this year.

Can someone tell that to the MB's for me. They haven't been listening as well to me lately... LOL PLus hopefully the winter rust in Ohio won't set in...

hahaha, man the clubs will cooperate.

My favorite part of the outing is always at the exact moment that the "newbness" rears its ugly head...hehe
Its like part hazing, part fun, and part that accident you cant look away from. Right after that, they usually return to normal and are back with the gang, but it always comes out at least once per rookie in each outing.

Oh...if it only happens once they will be lucky! Try every shot after a poor shot, and after some good ones too.

Nothing quite like the nerves of your first THP Outing to really help you crap the bed. I've seen some damn fine golfers play like Rhino under these circumstances.

WOW P4B...just ripping White Rhino

I never thought JB had kryptonite...until I saw him in the second group of The Morgan Cup behind a slow group...oh wait, that was our lead group. Seriously, it affected us all. Scrambles should not be that slow.

How dare you say that someone is slow. That never happened and was completely a figment of your imagination. All scrambler rounds should take that long especially if we are the 1st ones out on the course.

Thats what im worried about as well, Hopefully its a mild winter here and golf will be played very early in the year

How dare you say that someone is slow. That never happened and was completely a figment of your imagination. All scrambler rounds should take that long especially if we are the 1st ones out on the course.
I mean, concede a putt every once in a while. Go for the whole hole if you have to, but for the love of god, hit the freaking ball!

I look forward to the video and your insights. If the video is not posted here, can you link to it here?

please do, and when you do, send me a PM so I know to try to find it in this thread, as lord knows I need all the help I can get when Im down there in a few weeks

Very cool of you to do Tadashi, and that thick rough can eat you alive, it doesn't pay to try the hero shot from the heavy rough unless your last name is Woods or Mickelson thats for sure.

I will be posting the video on this thread. I'm going to shoot one tomorrow and Reunion and one next Saturday (Sept 10 at Grand Cypress) If it turns out the way I want it to, it should be good.

I will be posting the video on this thread. I'm going to shoot one tomorrow and Reunion and one next Saturday (Sept 10 at Grand Cypress) If it turns out the way I want it to, it should be good.

awesome, looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it. I will ask that if it is shot at Reunion, to use either a new thread or one of the Reunion threads on THP. I know it seems silly, but we should keep this thread about the course that is hosting this one for us. Thanks.

I like the excitement being created over the team competition and the "team THP vs all concept" What I can't wait to hear how the scoring will go for the outing. I know there are 10+ teams of 6 and the teams dont play together, is the scoring cumulative for each round and lowest team score wins or will there be matches between teams like what was just done at MC, singles, doubles etc.

I like the excitement being created over the team competition and the "team THP vs all concept" What I can't wait to hear how the scoring will go for the outing. I know there are 10+ teams of 6 and the teams dont play together, is the scoring cumulative for each round and lowest team score wins or will there be matches between teams like what was just done at MC, singles, doubles etc.
It really doesn't matter does it? All you're basically asking is "under which rules will my team be dominated by Team THP under?" so I'd just go ahead and show up and take your lumps. Hey, are you shopping for a new moisture absorbing cotton team shirt for this one yet?

It really doesn't matter does it? All you're basically asking is "under which rules will my team be dominated by Team THP under?" so I'd just go ahead and show up and take your lumps. Hey, are you shopping for a new moisture absorbing cotton team shirt for this one yet?

Haha. I remember all those team members rolling in to the 18th....looking haggard

No as I recall the team I was on, cotton shirt aside, won the last competition. Your team, not so much. Now while I don't know who will be on my team I can pretty much say with confidence, you will experience the same thing this year, being on a team that does not win.

Cotton shirts ftw! Haha, I use to only wear cotton when I first started

MattyCaulk Approved!

Haha. I remember all those team members rolling in to the 18th....looking haggard

hahahaha...that was hysterical...sad and unfortunate, but still hysterical!

My favorite part of the outing is always at the exact moment that the "newbness" rears its ugly head...hehe
Its like part hazing, part fun, and part that accident you cant look away from. Right after that, they usually return to normal and are back with the gang, but it always comes out at least once per rookie in each outing.

I really hope I can get that part out of thd way pretty quickly then.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

No as I recall the team I was on, cotton shirt aside, won the last competition. Your team, not so much. Now while I don't know who will be on my team I can pretty much say with confidence, you will experience the same thing this year, being on a team that does not win.
Those cotton shirts caught a lot of flack and still do, but like you said, you won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back