Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkie_3_fan

Reaction score
Handicap
Dove season starts on Saturday and I'll be working at the lease, clearing roads, trails and shooting lanes on Monday. Time to quit neglecting my trail cameras and get them in the woods!

Our dove season starts today in TN. Can't hunt today due to a high school golf match. Ready for a good hunt tomorrow after school!

I used to be big into hunting until I started the line of work I'm in now. My work season usually starts September and runs til May unless I decide to travel and work the summer months. I miss bow season the most.

Yep. Heading to the farm next week to check the trail cams, put out deer blinds, etc.

Used to be a huge waterfowler, but now I'm a golfer. I loved it.

Yep. Heading to the farm next week to check the trail cams, put out deer blinds, etc.

If you get some good pics on your trail cam, post them up. Maybe we can use this thread for that, or perhaps start a trail cam picture thread if there is enough interest.

If you get some good pics on your trail cam, post them up. Maybe we can use this thread for that, or perhaps start a trail cam picture thread if there is enough interest.

Sounds good. I have actually never had a lot of success getting big bucks on the trail cam. Plenty of doe, but it seems like the bucks know it is there. And there are big bucks lurking around and we have killed several.

People here in South Dakota go freakin crazy for hunting Pheasants. I'm no hunter, I'm just glad when hunting season starts because the golf courses are a ghost town. Of course hunting season means winter and snow are usually right around the corner. Ugh.

I haven't hunted since probably 1983 or so. Not for me. I love eating the results, but I just can't do it myself!

Sounds good. I have actually never had a lot of success getting big bucks on the trail cam. Plenty of doe, but it seems like the bucks know it is there. And there are big bucks lurking around and we have killed several.

Some deer just seem to be camera shy. I killed a buck a few years ago in an area where I'd had 1 or 2 camera out from early August till late Novemember and never got a picture of him.
Then again, my best buck from recent years was killed 5 yards from my camera the day after I got my first pictures of him.
Doug, do you hunt in MO or IL?

Dove started today here, but I'm waiting until Saturday. Time to load up on 20 gauge shells and bacon to wrap those tasty little dudes in. YUMMY!

Some deer just seem to be camera shy. I killed a buck a few years ago in an area where I'd had 1 or 2 camera out from early August till late Novemember and never got a picture of him.
Then again, my best buck from recent years was killed 5 yards from my camera the day after I got my first pictures of him.
Doug, do you hunt in MO or IL?

MO. About half way between Columbia and Kansas City

Every year I say I'm going to start deer hunting but I just can't find myself getting up so early to sit on a tree hoping o see a deer in the freezing cold. One of these years I'll do it

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I've been getting my bow all ready for NY bow season opener in October. Need to keep shooting in order to get the big 'un!

On the firearms side, I think I am going to use my .50 cal Remington this year for deer alone. For the none hunters, a .50 is NOT the machine gun mounted on top of tanks, it is black powder muzzleloader. Actually harder IMO, 1 shot rather than several....

There's some pretty country in that area. Lots of turkeys just North of that area too.

yeah, we have tons of turkeys on one farm. Turkey hunting is something I never got into. Seems like I always have a ton of stuff going on that time of year.

I like a good coon hunt now and then. My brother-in-law sold Jake the coon hound so that pretty much put us out of business. You got to have a good dog to tree a coon so my hunting days are about over.

There's some pretty country in that area. Lots of turkeys just North of that area too.

North, South, east and West of there, lol. Sounds like you are North East of Sedalia and close to the river. Great area.

Tap,Tap,Tap

North, South, east and West of there, lol. Sounds like you are North East of Sedalia and close to the river. Great area.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Sounds like you know the area, Due. Our farms are at Marshall Junction @ highway 70 and 65. We have Blackwater River bottoms, but not MO river.

Sounds like you know the area, Due. Our farms are at Marshall Junction @ highway 70 and 65. We have Blackwater River bottoms, but not MO river.

Yes sir, lived in Sedalia and hope to get back one day. Hunted straight South of you about 4 or 5 miles. Good luck this year.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Yes sir, lived in Sedalia and hope to get back one day. Hunted straight South of you about 4 or 5 miles. Good luck this year.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Small small world.

Dove comes in Saturday but I am golfing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Deer season comes in end of September and does not go out until the last weekend of March so I have plenty of time. Oh and Bow only! Team HOYT...

Every year I say I'm going to start deer hunting but I just can't find myself getting up so early to sit on a tree hoping o see a deer in the freezing cold. One of these years I'll do it

If you work near Clarksburg you should try to find some land to hunt around there for Deer. Always see deer while playing Little Bennet. The State set's up managed hunts around there and doesn't seem to thin them out too much.
As for me I Love Turkey Hunting lot's of interaction in the Spring, firing up the Tom's. I also do well with a bow during Deer season.

If you work near Clarksburg you should try to find some land to hunt around there for Deer. Always see deer while playing Little Bennet. The State set's up managed hunts around there and doesn't seem to thin them out too much.
As for me I Love Turkey Hunting lot's of interaction in the Spring, firing up the Tom's. I also do well with a bow during Deer season.

A bunch of the guys at work hunt at farms in Clarksburg. There are a ton a deer up there. Little Bennett is an extremely hilly course. Only played it once but was ok for a county run course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back