Mizuno MP-R12 wedges

Gotta love Mizuno. Great looking wedge.

Not the sole. The top portion.

are you speaking of the back, or blade side where it goes from satin finish to chrome? that is all i can figure out by "top"
there are so many ways at looking at a wedge. ha.

i think it is just for looks. no bevel.

Question: What makes DG Spinner shafts better than any other? I've never heard of them before, or any other wedge shaft for that matter.

Great looking wedges btw. When do they come out?

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Very nice looking. I am second guessing my decision to go with the Wilson Staff TW9 wedges.
You and me both! You cant beat the price on the TW9s though and theyre really are nice wedges.

Not the sole. The top portion.

I think you are referring to the 360* grind that mizuno puts on their wedges. They grind the top line down, in addition to the sole to, supposedly, make it easier to lay the blade wide open.

Since it came up 20 times in another thread, I have to ask,
Honest question. I liked Mizunos for their shape, that has changed quite a bit to my eye. What makes these different than Vokeys or Cleveland wedges?

When I tested out wedges, I tested all 3 of these out. I noticed that compared to the Vokeys, these would spin back a little less on full shots. I would get up to 6 feet back with the Vokeys, compared to 3-4 with the MP-T11s. Also, the rounded sole doesn't really work for me, I prefer the sharper leading edge on the Vokeys. Lastly, I noticed a little higher launch with the shaft on the Vokeys, compared to the MP-T11s, which could have factored into the backspin. On 3/4 swings, the spin was pretty much the same, hop-and-stop for both, with maybe the occasional hop-hop-stop for the MPs. The only place where I felt the Vokeys really stood out is the rough. I could get ball to hop-and-stop or even stop dead with the Vokeys, where the MP was generally hop-and-stop. Lastly, the Vokeys are a bit heavier, which really helps in a controlled swing and bunker play

Sexy looking wedges, I wonder how much these will cost? Will be in the market for new wedges later in the year, will definitely look into these and the new Vokey SM4's.

definitely getting these when i get my mizuno irons

Sexy looking wedges, I wonder how much these will cost? Will be in the market for new wedges later in the year, will definitely look into these and the new Vokey SM4's.
They go for about $120.

Great looking wedges!

My original reaction was that they looked bulkier than the t-11's. Im perfectly happy with the performance of my t-11's and prefer the teardrop shape. The weighting of mizuno wedges feels so much better than vokeys for my swing. The head just feels like it wants to drop on the ball and compress it nicely!

love the looks of these new wedges. I was seriously considering switching to the T-11's this year but held off. Now I've got a ton of options with these, cleveland and ping all coming out with new stuff.

Question for those in the know about Mizuno.

I always got the impression that the R series wedges were less popular than the T series. True or false?

I always got the impression that the R series wedges were less popular than the T series. True or false?

I cannot talk of popularity from the users, but I can say in terms of sales, the numbers we have seen, the T series is more popular.

I cannot talk of popularity from the users, but I can say in terms of sales, the numbers we have seen, the T series is more popular.

That's what I thought. I was just a little surprised to see so much interest for a wedge from a series that I thought wasn't really popular in terms of sales. Are they planning on releasing a T-12?

That's what I thought. I was just a little surprised to see so much interest for a wedge from a series that I thought wasn't really popular in terms of sales. Are they planning on releasing a T-12?

Not sure as of yet. Talk was yes, then no, and now yes again.

Question for those in the know about Mizuno.

The T is definetly more popular. You see way more Ts available on Ebay and Ive seen way more Ts out on the course, on the shelf of golf shops and on golf forums you see way more Ts in peoples' signature.
Also, I look at the fact that Mizuno discontinued the Rs but kept the Ts which would definetly suggest that the Ts are stronger sellers. Im actually a little bit surprised that they brought back the Rs.

Cool little video that Mizuno just posted on FB:

Based on all his previous videos....
Shocking that he does not compare them to other Mizuno based on numbers only and ask why they are needed.

Isnt it ironic that things such as feel and look play such a big thing with his Mizuno wedge video and nothing and only numbers in his TaylorMade video.

Based on all his previous videos....
Shocking that he does not compare them to other Mizuno based on numbers only and ask why they are needed.

Isnt it ironic that things such as feel and look play such a big thing with his Mizuno wedge video and nothing and only numbers in his TaylorMade video.
LOL...its just 1 person's opinions, JB.

Back