GG's Swing Change Video Diary

I would say my scores are much much worse right now. From swing to swing I never know exactly what is going to happen. I am totally uncomfortable out there because everything about my swing is different and foreign to me, nothing feels natural or comfortable. My instructor told me from the beginning that I need to stop being so results driven for right now because I won't see better scores right away for the reasons I gave above. He said it could take 6+ months before my swing feels natural and I stop thinking about it before every shot.

My pro told me the same thing. When we are working on things at the range he tells me not to worry about where the ball goes when we are trying different things.
Keep up the good work.

The feet together drill is great. Glad to hear you've been able to find time to get back GG.

Thanks! It felt good to get back out there. After the Morgan Cup I didn't want to see a golf club or look at a golf course for a while. I needed a bit of a break.

Yea for you!!! (*Oh yea of little faith I am going to give up the game)

I LOVE the feet together drill. When I start noticing I'm slicing the ball on the course, I'll even use it for iron shots to give me a quick on-course reminder of what my hands are suppose to feel like. I'm glad you went today and had a good lesson!!

I used to love the feet together drill for my hips but now I can use it to help unhinge sooner so it has multiple benefits.

My pro told me the same thing. When we are working on things at the range he tells me not to worry about where the ball goes when we are trying different things.
Keep up the good work.

Yup, he told me that too which was refreshing when I topped 3 drives in a row. I was about to pull a Tiger and slam some clubs I was so frustrated.

Yup, he told me that too which was refreshing when I topped 3 drives in a row. I was about to pull a Tiger and slam some clubs I was so frustrated.

I'm really trying, but I can't picture that

I'm really trying, but I can't picture that

Me topping 3 drives or throwing my clubs? I have it in me to do both haha. I have actually never slammed a club before. I have been pretty angry with a shot but never to the point of slamming a club. I am more your typical girl and just want to cry, but I know there is no crying on the golf course so I hold it in. ; )

Me topping 3 drives or throwing my clubs? I have it in me to do both haha. I have actually never slammed a club before. I have been pretty angry with a shot but never to the point of slamming a club. I am more your typical girl and just want to cry, but I know there is no crying on the golf course so I hold it in. ; )

the club slamming part, I just can't see it.

Keep up the good work GG. It's hard to stick with swing changes especially when you want to see results.

LOL, did you not see me in the morning at the MC when I came to pick up P4B and CB? I think those guys would believe it haha.

Yes I did. GolferGal at her finest haha
You were ready to launch your iphone across the parking lot. It was pretty funny, even though it wasn't to you.

Not to banter but the best line of that morning was when Coolbreeze asked how to take the battery of an iphone and you said "You can't because Steve Jobs sucks"

Keep up the good work GG. It's hard to stick with swing changes especially when you want to see results.

That is the hardest part, well that and all the thinking. I hate having to think about my swing, I just want to get up there and hit the ball and I hate that when I stand over the ball I have NO idea where it is going to go, or if it will even go anywhere (I have been known to top and whiff from time to time). But I know in the end it will become natural and I will have a much better idea where the ball is going to go once I fine tune the swing. I am already seeing improvements in my head position and take away so that's good and I do something naturally well which is good so it will happen eventually....I hope!

I'm the same way. I have a problem with reverting back to old habits just to try and get the score down. It helps me to not even take a score card, just go out and play the course. It's not about scores right now, it's about grooving new movements and trusting the results. Maybe going without the card for a few trips would help. I know you will get it sorted out and wish you luck with it.

I'm the same way. I have a problem with reverting back to old habits just to try and get the score down. It helps me to not even take a score card, just go out and play the course. It's not about scores right now, it's about grooving new movements and trusting the results. Maybe going without the card for a few trips would help. I know you will get it sorted out and wish you luck with it.

Thanks! I actually haven't kept score the last 5 times out and don't plan to until my swing feels natural. It just angers me if I try and keep score.

That is the hardest part, well that and all the thinking. I hate having to think about my swing, I just want to get up there and hit the ball and I hate that when I stand over the ball I have NO idea where it is going to go, or if it will even go anywhere (I have been known to top and whiff from time to time). But I know in the end it will become natural and I will have a much better idea where the ball is going to go once I fine tune the swing. I am already seeing improvements in my head position and take away so that's good and I do something naturally well which is good so it will happen eventually....I hope!

Hahaha, golf is so much easier when you arent thinking!!!!

Hang in there GG and you will begin to feel the changes and that's when your trust will kick in. Thinking too much on the golf course can be counter productive. You have to have that feel ingrained. I am proud of ya!

Glad to see you are back at it. The feel will come. Of the many changes I've had to make, posture is the hardest one for me. But when I'm paying attention, I recognize a specific feeling in the small of my back that tells me I am in the right position. Seek out those feelings in your range sessions and it may help you see results. Other than that remember patience. Work hard to remember the good shots and leave the ugly ones behind.

You've obviously not been to a junior girls golf tournament. Cry away. Trust me, you're not alone.

Kevin

For the first time in a long time since I started changing my swing I turned to JB and said " do you want to go play golf?" I havent wanted to play because my swing was such a mess but after finally hitting some good golf shots again I can't wait to get back out there and play again.

For the first time in a long time since I started changing my swing I turned to JB and said " do you want to go play golf?" I havent wanted to play because my swing was such a mess but after finally hitting some good golf shots again I can't wait to get back out there and play again.

KellyBo and I are about ready to come back down and whup you guys :eek:)!!!!

Thats awesome GG! Even on the days I want to snap because its so rough on the course I still love playing. Nothing beats being out on the course enjoying the weather and scenery
(even if it is flat and trees everywhere)

That's great to hear GG. You will want to play more and more as your game improves. I hope you don't get as addicted as me though! :)

Did you ever get the latest round of videos? I was really impressed with the ones that I saw. Your instructor provided some great info to you in them.

Did you ever get the latest round of videos? I was really impressed with the ones that I saw. Your instructor provided some great info to you in them.

I emailed the tech guy who does the videos but I haven't heard back yet. Although, I checked the website I normally go to for the videos and it was just a blank screen so I am a little worried they didn't upload properly this time.

Good for you GG. We're going tomorrow. (And Jacqui askes me all the time, and I bet JB loves it when you ask him)

I used to do the same thing with my right leg - straightening it on the backswing. It took a couple months to stop having to think about it. And keeping my head still is still my #1 swing thought.

I used to do the same thing with my right leg - straightening it on the backswing. It took a couple months to stop having to think about it. And keeping my head still is still my #1 swing thought.

The leg thing seems to be the hardest thing for me to get over. I either over think it and then don't turn my hips at all or forget to think at all and then straighten the leg again. This is honestly the most frustrating thing for me right now. I am glad I am not the only one who does this though. Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps to know others have overcome this extremely annoying habit.

Back