The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a bit of a skim cuz I'm at my son's 3 year checkup but did anyone else catch the announcement of Sprint carrying the IPhone 5. It was on WSJ on line, yesterday was the first I heard about it. Sorry for skimming if this has been covered.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

granted my iphone isn't used for work stuff so I'm not a power user like you may be but the battery can handle the amount of texts, personal emails, web surfing, and twittering I throw at it during the day.

I have to say Im a little surprised by everybody "easily" getting a full day. Im wondering how many calls and emails they use it for. I found the IPhone 4 to be a huge drain if emails and messaging were used. Gathering emails seemed to kill the battery (much like android). I could rarely make it a full day and usually charged right before leaving the office.

yes, they're the only carrier offering unlimited data at a fixed rate for the iPhone right now too which is a nice plus.....

I did a bit of a skim cuz I'm at my son's 3 year checkup but did anyone else catch the announcement of Sprint carrying the IPhone 5. It was on WSJ on line, yesterday was the first I heard about it. Sorry for skimming if this has been covered.

If a full day is 7am to 7pm, yes. But since I'm out of the office so much responding to emails and calls I had purchase a Mophie charger, now I get two days of charge. That is if I don't spend a bulk of the day on Tapatalk and thp

How much bulk/weight does the Mophie add to it iP4?

Yes, saw that. Sprint is projecting to sell 1.5 million iPhones in Q4.

I am as well, but it definitely has me intrigued..

For those that answered: thanks!! What kind of usage do you guys have? I'd probably be using it for emails (personal), texting, maybe some twittering (w/o auto sync) and THPing on Tapatalk.

If you are constantly on it doing things, about how long will it last?

Mine is hammered with text messages, a few calls and some tapatalk.

Other than that it is used for my Golf GPS when I am playing a round and even then I can get a full round out of the battery with plenty of juice to spare

Mine is hammered with text messages, a few calls and some tapatalk.

Other than that it is used for my Golf GPS when I am playing a round and even then I can get a full round out of the battery with plenty of juice to spare

That's great info Mike, thanks!! I think I am going to pursue an iPhone.. I just need to convince Verizon to hook me up with a reduced price even though I'm a year out of my contract upgrade.. Worst case, I switch carriers to one that buys out the contract.

I have to say Im a little surprised by everybody "easily" getting a full day. Im wondering how many calls and emails they use it for. I found the IPhone 4 to be a huge drain if emails and messaging were used. Gathering emails seemed to kill the battery (much like android). I could rarely make it a full day and usually charged right before leaving the office.
I charge mine every night, and use it fully for work. Getting a days use out of it isn't a problem for me.

I am as well, but it definitely has me intrigued..

For those that answered: thanks!! What kind of usage do you guys have? I'd probably be using it for emails (personal), texting, maybe some twittering (w/o auto sync) and THPing on Tapatalk.

If you are constantly on it doing things, about how long will it last?
Calls, emails, tapatalk (that drains it a bit if it's on constant use which is rare) Tomtom GPS for getting to clients, SMS, iPod...

Calls, emails, tapatalk (that drains it a bit if it's on constant use which is rare) Tomtom GPS for getting to clients, SMS, iPod...

Would tapatalk drain it any more than using any other app or the internet?

I seek a bigger screen. The iPhone is still the best hardware Ive seen yet though besides screen size. Every android phone feels cheap and plasticy. But I enjoy the Android OS and its ability to customize stuff. But at the same time I hate some of the little things it doesnt do that iOS does do. The phone I have now will go back before the 30 days is up and I'll go back to the iPhone4 and its tiny screen. I'll either get the next iPhone and hope it has a 4" screen or go to another Android device.
Interesting eh? We all wanted smaller phones, and now after the advent of the iPhone everyone wants bigger.

Personally I don't have a problem with the size of the iPhone and wouldn't want anything much bigger than that really. If I want a bigger device I have my iPad.

Would tapatalk drain it any more than using any other app or the internet?
It seems to - might be my imagination though.

Actually, come to think about it, I definitely think it drains it more than say Tiger Woods 2011, or Fifa 11

It seems to - might be my imagination though.

Actually, come to think about it, I definitely think it drains it more than say Tiger Woods 2011, or Fifa 11

That seems weird, considering I thought the whole point of Tapatalk was the ease of use and functionality over using the browser..

That seems weird, considering I thought the whole point of Tapatalk was the ease of use and functionality over using the browser..
Ease of use is great. Much better than the browser. Just seems a bit battery intensive.

But then as I am not glued to it, it's too big a deal.

So I am making the switch back to the iPhone after 3 years away from it.. Anyone want to recommend some apps?

(aside from tapatalk haha.. Of course I'm going to grab that)

So I am making the switch back to the iPhone after 3 years away from it.. Anyone want to recommend some apps?

twitter? facebook? ESPN Scorecenter-mapquest(best free GPS I have found)-skype-ibooks-PGA Tour-snapbucket(photobucket for mobile easily upload pics for THP :D)-Ping putting app-words with friends

Just a few to start out

That photobucket app is going to be crazy handy, thanks!!

I've got the following on my list:
- tapatalk
- freecell
- words with friends
- ebay
- slacker radio (or pandora)
- facebook (maybe)
- twitter (or tweetdeck)
- AIM
- Google chat

Are you buying it soon? Why not wait for the new one (if not just to get a better deal on the 4)? It's looking like first week of October.

That photobucket app is going to be crazy handy, thanks!!

I've got the following on my list:
- tapatalk
- freecell
- words with friends
- ebay
- slacker radio (or pandora)
- facebook (maybe)
- twitter (or tweetdeck)
- AIM
- Google chat

Nice list, add Golfshot GPS, Shazam, Foursquare, The Weather Channel just to name a few.

Add angry birds, fandango, linked in, gate guru, open table, business card reader

Are you buying it soon? Why not wait for the new one (if not just to get a better deal on the 4)? It's looking like first week of October.

My blackberry was malfunctioning so rather than just getting a new one of those, I worked out getting an iPhone. If my phone wasn't just randomly shutting off and not accepting calls, I probably would have waited and pursued this in October.

Nice list, add Golfshot GPS, Shazam, Foursquare, The Weather Channel just to name a few.

Definitely interested in the best weather app.. I have WeatherBug on my BB but you're the second person to recommend the Weather Channel.. Must be a solid app!

What's shazam?

Add angry birds, fandango, linked in, gate guru, open table, business card reader

hahaha I am doing everything I can to avoid downloading angry birds. Have it on my touch and am waaaaay too close to getting 3 stars on most of the levels!

here's some of my fave apps:

mint
tapatalk
oob
weather channel
pga tour
golf channel
dragon dictation
key ring
kayak
fare compare
around me
urbanspoon
yelp
shop savvy
News360
iPING
Viber
Meebo

Not an app really, but nice to have. Go to the Mobile version of THP, and put the icon on your home screen. Easy THP main page launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back