Visiting Santa Barbra

long&straight

Blind Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
I will be on business visiting Santa Barbara in October. I will not have a car but will be willing to pay for a cab to pick me up and drive me to a course. Since this is a multiple stop business trip I will not be bringing my clubs. So I would have to rent at the course and just play a casual round of golf. I am staying at the Inn By The Harbor.

Can anyone recommend a nice course to play?

These look like two great choices! Thanks guys!

hopefully you have a good time out there! Take advantage of the nice weather, California was beautiful when I was there. I def need to go back soon!

I'd look at the muni's there, a couple have great reviews/rankings from the golf mags. I've played up the canyon in the wine country but next time I'm gonna play the SB city courses only. Enjoy your trip, I love that town.

P.S. There is a public right across from the airport entrance road, I didn't play it but did hit balls there while waiting on a flight and they even had a bunch of Titleist clubs right there on the range line to use. At least I got to hit some balls that time as noone would play 18 with me.

Last edited:
I'm about an hour and a half north of Santa Barbara. I haven't played courses in that area, but the San Marcos and Sandpiper courses have the best reputation - in particular the San Marcos course. In fact I just checked a recent review on Sandpiper, and they said course maintenance was an issue. So if you can, play the Rancho San Marcos course. It's a bit north of Santa Barbara - maybe 30 minutes. When will you be in Santa Barbara, and does your trip take you north to San Luis Obispo?

Last edited:
I am not sure how convenient Sandpiper is to your location, but it is really a great layout. I played it twice a few years back and really enjoyed it. Great variety of holes and some beautiful views. Fun course to play.

I'm about an hour and a half north of Santa Barbara. I haven't played courses in that area, but the San Marcos and Sandpiper courses have the best reputation - in particular the San Marcos course. In fact I just checked a recent review on Sandpiper, and they said course maintenance was an issue. So if you can, play the Rancho San Marcos course. It's a bit north of Santa Barbara - maybe 30 minutes. When will you be in Santa Barbara, and does your trip take you north to San Luis Obispo?

I will be playing Rancho San Marcos, I can not book a tee time yet but I will when the time comes around. Thanks to all for your help!!

I will be playing Rancho San Marcos, I can not book a tee time yet but I will when the time comes around. Thanks to all for your help!!

Outstanding! Hope you have a successful business trip and also have fun at the course. The location is gorgeous.

Back