laser rangefinder - given away

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
so i played sunday at a public course here in columbus with some friends. I have a bushnell tour v2 that i use on the range to check yardages - and i pull it on the course on some par 3's or when i need an exact distance for my own peace of mind.

i lost it on a hole- must have fallen off the cart - i went to use on #17 a par 3 - and couldnt find it - so i doubled back to 13 - where i last remember having it- asking the groups behind me if they found it . No one had of course.

I fnished the round - and went back through my path - trying to see if it rolled out somewhere. no luck.

went to the pro shop - gave the lady my name - said please call me if anyone finds it. she takes my name and number down.

i call back today - and a guy says yea - we found one last night - but we called a gary who had a note here from a week ago - and he came and picked it up. I said well did gary lose a tour v2????!? (what are the odds?)

And he said he didnt know. but they didnt have my number. I said i spoke with a lady behind the counter... is she avialable? no shes off today..

i fumed for awhile -t hen called back and said look - i lost one YESTERDAY- you found one YESTERDAY - you gave away my laser... not gary's who lost one weeks ago.

I asked for gary's number -they said they couldnt give it out - i called back and said i am calling the police then. They can resolve it. I KNOW that was my rangefinder.

They get defensive - saying how do i know it wasnt his they found - etc etc. I asked where it was found (hole 14) i said thats exactly where i last remember having it (13).

So i call columbus police - they listen - say i can come on down and theyll take a report. I said i dont want a report - i want someone to come talk tot he pro shop and get ahold of this "Gary".

They mention there isnt alot they can do. At this point best i can do is go down fill out a report and theyll investigate..

For the love!! this is what my taxes go to?!!? I have a legitimate claim and i get the run around...

so upsetting that #1 - the lady at the pro shop lost my info
#2 - the pro shop didnt call me
#3 - the pro shop didnt verify Gary's claim
#4 - the police dont care

so I guess im in the market for a new rangefinder.... anyone have a used one they dont use? i kinda need one to break in the new set of clubs for the morgan cup - probably wont have a ton of time to dial in the yardage - so distance on the range is going to be important for me.

ahhh im so frustrated...

Was reading about this earlier in the banter thread man, that is complete garbage.

Did you put in a call to the club GM? They have to respect based on what you're saying that you've been screwed over. Brutal that the police won't do much of anything.

Was reading about this earlier in the banter thread man, that is complete garbage.

Did you put in a call to the club GM? They have to respect based on what you're saying that you've been screwed over. Brutal that the police won't do much of anything.

Spoke to the head guy today- apparently he's the one that gave the rangefinder to Gary, I'm now wondering if it's. Friend of his... Complete horseshit...

Oh no CG13 this suuuuucks. Sorry to read about this. Hope this Gary guy gets contacted, feels terrible about taking a rangfinder that isn't his and gives it back!

File the report. Once filed they will investigate. That will ruffle some feathers. Also when the Police request Gary's info he will give it up. I know its a pain in the a$$ . Do on principle it might or might not pay off but you will have done all you can.... That fool that gave it away will be getting it back fast

Spoke to the head guy today- apparently he's the one that gave the rangefinder to Gary, I'm now wondering if it's. Friend of his... Complete horseshit...

That is ridiculous!

Did your rangefinder have your name on it? Any unique markings?

I was thinking this also.. In fact, I may need to go tag up my uPro!

I was thinking this also.. In fact, I may need to go tag up my uPro!

I tagged my v2. I ripped off the badge, scribbled all over it with sharpie, then carved my name in the bottom. I should be good for a long while.

I will give you my Bushnell hybrid Laser Rangefinder. But it will cost you a lifesize cardboard cutout of Fred Couples and Lebron James Cleveland jersey.

I tagged my v2. I ripped off the badge, scribbled all over it with sharpie, then carved my name in the bottom. I should be good for a long while.

Did you guys register your Lasers. They have serial Numbers. CG if you registered you should be abl to get your serial #. That would be huge if you have it.

Dude that sucks! I'd be fuming as well. Hopefully it gets worked out for you.

Did you guys register your Lasers. They have serial Numbers. CG if you registered you should be abl to get your serial #. That would be huge if you have it.

Damn no I didnt! I had no idea..

No I didn't mark it anyway...

I'm not expecting much- the tone i got from the police was very poor. Almost like you lost your rangefinder and want us to get it back for you kinda mentality...

I'll start pricing a new one next week, dont ever need the slope edition, so I'll just get a regular one to use on the range.
Anyone use a leupold compared to a bushnell?

I will give you my Bushnell hybrid Laser Rangefinder. But it will cost you a lifesize cardboard cutout of Fred Couples and Lebron James Cleveland jersey.

Done! I'll make that trade happen! I'll through in a pair of tube socks and a paper clip for good measure

That effing sucks CG. If that happened I would have tore someone a new you know what. I was looking around for a rangefinder to see if here are any good deals around and overstock.com has the Tour V2 for $261.99 with $2.95 shipping and no tax brand new and Golfsmith has a limited edition V2 for $299.95 and you get a $50 golfsmith gift card with it. Hopefully the cops will act up and pressure this Gary guy and he gives it up. Your whole story wreaks of dbagness on the staff side though and you have every right to be pissed.

Damn no I didnt! I had no idea..

No I didn't mark it anyway...

I'm not expecting much- the tone i got from the police was very poor. Almost like you lost your rangefinder and want us to get it back for you kinda mentality...

I'll start pricing a new one next week, dont ever need the slope edition, so I'll just get a regular one to use on the range.
Anyone use a leupold compared to a bushnell?

I use a Leupold Gx-1 and it gets the job done for me. However, I'd never tried the tour v2 so I can't compare and contrast, unfortunately.

Tap before talk.

Dude, I'm sorry you lost your rangefinder that really sucks, and the people at the course are being ridiculous! HOWEVER, as someone that worked in law enforcement for a number of years, I have to defend the cops here. If you only knew how many calls they get with "somebody took my stuff, call them and tell the to give it back"..... That's why they were telling you to file a report. Once a report is filedthats the first thing that will happen is an officer will talk to the course staff and to this Gary to find out why they think it was his, but honestly unless you have the serial number written down or have it marked somehow, there really is nothing they can do, it's your word against theirs and you have no way to prove it.

I really am sorry that this happened to you.

How do you "give" away a range finder you found? Obviously that means someone lost one. What the heck!

Sorry this happened to you man. :-(

That really sucks. But what sucks more is this "phantom" Gary who accepted a range finder that was obviously not his. Most of us would not have accepted it, and it would have been returned to the pro shop for the proper owner.

man Matt, that really sucks, Id be just as pissed off as you. Its a shame the club wont fess up and take the blame for this. TO make it right its gonna cost a few hundred bucks, which based on what Ive seen of your place, shouldnt be hard to makeup at all.

Its principle man

when I come up, we can go looking for gary!!

yea im just angry at the whole situation. i can understand where mistakes were made - but no one is doing anything to correct them, and that is what burns me.

man Matt, that really sucks, Id be just as pissed off as you. Its a shame the club wont fess up and take the blame for this. TO make it right its gonna cost a few hundred bucks, which based on what Ive seen of your place, shouldnt be hard to makeup at all.

Its principle man

this wasnt the country club, for sure; never would have been a discussion with them - it was a muni i was playing at with a couple friends.

Bummer dude. Perhaps start a facebook page that bashes the golf club, we'll all like it, make it big, then they'll have to do something. Or just go stand outside the front door with a picket sign that says, "i'm looking for Gary". Be a pain in their ass dude. Don't lie down and die on it. Call every day demanding Gary's information.

Lol. THis made me laugh out loud but honestly, social media has a voice.

Bummer dude. Perhaps start a facebook page that bashes the golf club, we'll all like it, make it big, then they'll have to do something. Or just go stand outside the front door with a picket sign that says, "i'm looking for Gary". Be a pain in their ass dude. Don't lie down and die on it. Call every day demanding Gary's information.

Sorry bro it happened to you. That pisses me off just thinking about it. If I had an extra something lying around I would definitely be sending it your way.

yea im just angry at the whole situation. i can understand where mistakes were made - but no one is doing anything to correct them, and that is what burns me.

I love this idea.
"Gary is either very dumb or very dishonest" he either can't tell his stuff from someone else's(dumb) or he don't care(dishonest) Either way it is a civic duty to warn people about "gary's" everywhere.
Does this unit take a special battery or did you put batteries in it? If you did, can you name the brand? I recovered a mini TV a guy in the barracks stole from me that way years ago. Told my CO what battery was in it before it was opened. Just a thought

Back