Dream golf trip June 11-14

Jeff, My playing partners and I are looking to play a bit closer to home than Portland on Tuesday. They really want to play The Home Course so I guess we are out for Heron. Thanks for the great offer and if you are available, drive 90 minutes North and play THC with us?

No worries, I completely understand. Much better to get most of the driving out of the way, then play golf, instead of the other way around. Unfortunately, I have to work at 2 on Tuesday so I won't be able to join you. Have fun though.

Sitting in the residence inn Hillsboro, waiting for tomorrow morning. Watch out Pumpkin Ridge, THP is coming! :mohawk:

We just finished our round at Pumpkin Ridge and this is such an awesome course. It tore me to shreds, but tomahawk showed the course who's the boss as usual! This guy has game!

The course was in great condition and you know you are playing a well designed course when the mantra for the day was "One more yard"! Tomahawk brought two of his friends that also made it to the NW get together. It was so nice to play with them. These guys are going to have such a great time at Bandon! I wish so badly that I was going with them!

We just finished our round at Pumpkin Ridge and this is such an awesome course. It tore me to shreds, but tomahawk showed the course who's the boss as usual! This guy has game!

The course was in great condition and you know you are playing a well designed course when the mantra for the day was "One more yard"! Tomahawk brought two of his friends that also made it to the NW get together. It was so nice to play with them. These guys are going to have such a great time at Bandon! I wish so badly that I was going with them!

Glad you guys had a good time! We will have to play together some time soon.

Just arrived at Bandon dunes! This place is beautiful. Shot 81 (41-40) from the blues at Pumpkin with Dr Teeth. Great weather, great people, and a great time! Bandon Dunes tomorrow morning at 8:10, then Old Mac at 2.

Glad you guys got there safe! Just take in the beauty man! Enjoy!

Which Pumpkin Ridge course did you get to play? I played Ghost Creek back in 94. Really liked the layout and it was quite a challenge. I remember walking it as well.

Which Pumpkin Ridge course did you get to play? I played Ghost Creek back in 94. Really liked the layout and it was quite a challenge. I remember walking it as well.

We played Ghost Creek. It was in great condition. Walking this course made me seriously consider about getting a push cart. I was the only one carrying my bag and I started to feel it about hole 17. It was a beautiful day for golf.

We played Ghost Creek. It was in great condition. Walking this course made me seriously consider about getting a push cart. I was the only one carrying my bag and I started to feel it about hole 17. It was a beautiful day for golf.
If I remember right, there wasn't too much flat about the course. Sure was a beautiful area. I can't wait to get back. My mom lives a few miles from there.

Pics of Pumpkin Ridge. Great time and great weather.

BandonDunes11039.jpg

BandonDunes11037.jpg

Teeth getting yardage
BandonDunes11029.jpg

BandonDunes11030.jpg

BandonDunes11021.jpg

BandonDunes11019.jpg

BandonDunes11018.jpg

BandonDunes11013.jpg

Beautiful Par 3 (#3) I hit it to 4 feet (yellow ball). Teeth hit it to 3'10". Both of us birdied! :)
BandonDunes11008.jpg

BandonDunes11010.jpg

BandonDunes11015.jpg

Bandon Dunes pics. Awesome course!

BandonDunes11086.jpg

BandonDunes11093.jpg

BandonDunes11087.jpg

BandonDunes11092.jpg

BandonDunes11054.jpg

BandonDunes11053.jpg

BandonDunes11060.jpg

BandonDunes11051.jpg

BandonDunes11063.jpg

BandonDunes11096.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Bandon is at the top of my list of courses to play.

Old MacDonald. Toughest greens I have ever seen. The weather turned on us so I only have a couple of pics. Too much rain to risk camera damage.
BandonDunes11097.jpg

BandonDunes11098.jpg

Love the pictures from Pumpkin Ridge. That brings back some great memories. I still have US Amateur hat from there that my brother went and picked up at the course.

Hope to play Bandon Dunes at some point. Thanks for sharing the trip with the rest of us.

Great pics! Pumpkin was so nice that day and the pictures of Bandon just make me want to get out there so bad! I have to take a moment a brag for tomahawk because I don't know that he will. This dude can play, shot a 77 at PACIFIC DUNES! That is in the "You the Man!" category of play. Great job and glad the trip was such a good one! It was fantastic to get to play with you again, definitely going to do it again soon!

Pacific Dunes. My favorite course! Absolutely beautiful and awesome layout. Tough but fair greens. Weather was a bit misty, but the mist cleared by hole 12.

BandonDunes11099.jpg

BandonDunes11104.jpg

BandonDunes11126.jpg

BandonDunes11122.jpg

35 feet uphill approach to a tiny green over a massive bunker
BandonDunes11132.jpg

BandonDunes11135.jpg

BandonDunes11139.jpg

BandonDunes11134.jpg

Brutal bunker shot!
BandonDunes11143.jpg

BandonDunes11144.jpg

BandonDunes11147.jpg

BandonDunes11138.jpg

Great pics! Pumpkin was so nice that day and the pictures of Bandon just make me want to get out there so bad! I have to take a moment a brag for tomahawk because I don't know that he will. This dude can play, shot a 77 at PACIFIC DUNES! That is in the "You the Man!" category of play. Great job and glad the trip was such a good one! It was fantastic to get to play with you again, definitely going to do it again soon!

Thanks Teeth. It was great playing with you at Pumpkin. Do you have any pics to post? I had an up and down trip as far as scores go. We had some wind and rain at Old Mac and my score showed it. Our last round at Trails my legs were shot and I really struggled. Walking 90 holes in 3 days really took its toll. We decided against the Tuesday round, just didn't have enough left in the tank. Here were my scores:

Pumpkin Ridge- 81 (41-40) Consistanly OK
Bandon Dunes- 86 (47-39) Needed to adjust to the links style. My yadages were all off to start.
Old Mac- 84 (41-43) Wind and rain took its toll, would like to play it under nicer conditions
Pacific Dunes 77 (39-38) Couldn't ask for more, but missed a couple of putts I feel I should make, and doubled 16.
Bandon Trails 92 (43-49) Fatigue kicked in. Wind picked up. Lost my legs. Outside of that, no excuses! HAHA

We walked close to 30 miles in 3 days and it took its toll. I am so sore right now. :) I am so fortunate, played all the Maui courses in Feb and just played all the Bandon courses. I am on a good golf run!

man awesome pics, thanks for sharing!!

Bandon Trails pics. Justa a gorgeous course. Totally different from the others. Feels like you are in the hills or high desert, but you are just a few hundred yards from the ocean.

BandonDunes11160.jpg

BandonDunes11154.jpg

BandonDunes11151.jpg

BandonDunes11149.jpg

BandonDunes11162.jpg

BandonDunes11166.jpg

BandonDunes11170.jpg

BandonDunes11173.jpg

BandonDunes11176.jpg

BandonDunes11179.jpg

BandonDunes11184.jpg

BandonDunes11185.jpg

wildlife
BandonDunes11187.jpg

BandonDunes11182.jpg

Last edited:
The courses and wildlife are just sick. Pacific Dunes looks amazing.

The courses and wildlife are just sick. Pacific Dunes looks amazing.

Pacific is my #1 course I have ever played. Bandon is a close second. Trails is so picturesque in a different way. It is an awesome place!

Awesome Pics Tomahawk

All these pics are making me drool. Great pics and thanks for sharing.

Deep bunker shot on #14 at Bandon Trails...

Back