TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

Thanks Biggsy... I am very interested in hitting these!

Mine can't get here soon enough. Helloooooooooooooo Taylormade, anybody home? Helloooooooooooo UPS, picked up anything good?

Thanks Biggsy... I am very interested in hitting these!

I want to know if you like these more than the 2.0s; another iron I've had my eye on.

I have hit both and I would have to say I personally enjoyed the R11 more than the 2.0. They both felt great coming off he face but the R11 was a tad bit more solid and the look of the club is very nice.

I want to know if you like these more than the 2.0s; another iron I've had my eye on.

I have the TP CB's. They look similar in pics. Has anyone compared
Them to one another?

I have hit both and I would have to say I personally enjoyed the R11 more than the 2.0. They both felt great coming off he face but the R11 was a tad bit more solid and the look of the club is very nice.

Not surprised to hear this. The R11s are more of a player's iron. The 2.0s have stonger lofts and are longer.

I have the TP CB's. They look similar in pics. Has anyone compared
Them to one another?

Not close in my book. R11s look better at address, were more forgiving and felt better on every shot.

Not surprised to hear this. The R11s are more of a player's iron. The 2.0s have stonger lofts and are longer.

They are billed as more game improvement than players. At address they look more players than GI. They perform like a GI. Wonderfully confusing set of irons.

The 2.0s weren't any longer than the R11s for me.

I've own both of those sets, and I like the R11s better. For me, the Burner 2.0s are at most 5 yards longer, but as you stated, the R11s are about 1 degree weaker, and a standard length (compared to the longer length Burner 2.0s). To me the forgiveness is almost the same between the two, but the distance consistency is better on the R11s. With the redesigned grooves on the R11, I thought they generated more back spin as well, but I don't have hard numbers to back that up.

Both are great sets, but if I were buying one or the other today, I would go R11.

I've own both of those sets, and I like the R11s better. For me, the Burner 2.0s are at most 5 yards longer, but as you stated, the R11s are about 1 degree weaker, and a standard length (compared to the longer length Burner 2.0s). To me the forgiveness is almost the same between the two, but the distance consistency is better on the R11s. With the redesigned grooves on the R11, I thought they generated more back spin as well, but I don't have hard numbers to back that up.

Both are great sets, but if I were buying one or the other today, I would go R11.

I liked that, especially the bolded part, lol. I really like the look of these, can't wait to hit them one day.

Aren't the R11's and the 2.0's the same lofts though?

Not exactly.

What does that mean? Are the scoring irons the same loft and the mid/long irons 1* weaker?

What does that mean? Are the scoring irons the same loft and the mid/long irons 1* weaker?

No, only the 9 and PW are the same in the scoring irons I believe. There are loft differences in the others (going off memory here).

You can always just order them stronger or weaker as I assume most here aren't just buying them off the rack and having them custom made from TM.

Actually, the only differences in lofts between the R11's and the 2.0's is in the 6 & 7 irons, and the R11's are 1* weaker. I like that!

Actually, the only differences in lofts between the R11's and the 2.0's is in the 6 & 7 irons, and the R11's are 1* weaker. I like that!

Are you sure?
Im showing the 8 is also weaker.

Are you sure?
Im showing the 8 is also weaker.

Yeah dude, I browsed TM's website for the information. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Identical lofts throughout the set except for the 6/7 irons which are 1* weaker. Personally, I love that. Unparalleled distance, with those sleek lines, and apparently some sick forgiveness. Tickle me intrigued buddy.

Yeah dude, I browsed TM's website for the information. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Identical lofts throughout the set except for the 6/7 irons which are 1* weaker. Personally, I love that. Unparalleled distance, with those sleek lines, and apparently some sick forgiveness. Tickle me intrigued buddy.

Check again.
The 8 iron is also 1 degree different according to their website.

Check again.
The 8 iron is also 1 degree different according to their website.

Is it? I was tab browsing so I may have missed one. So the 6/7/8 irons are 1* weaker but the 3/4//5/9/PW are the same? Dude, that's great though. I love distance irons, so to get them in that package is saweet!

I know exactly how you feel buddy.

I would also like to thank cg13 for his updates. They are thorough and provide me with ample amounts of info.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

+1. CG gives such detailed posts. It's fantastic:cool:

Is it? I was tab browsing so I may have missed one. So the 6/7/8 irons are 1* weaker but the 3/4//5/9/PW are the same? Dude, that's great though. I love distance irons, so to get them in that package is saweet!

Nothing there that stops my lust.

Me either dude. I loved the 2.0's. These are just a slicker and sicker package.

Kind of my thinking too. Like the evolution of the 2.0's and the R9's into one badass package. Dustin Johnson even likes them.

Back