Ryan Braun tests positive.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
50 game suspension. Bummer. Glad I don't care that much for baseball.

Kevin

Bonehead athlete.

Just heard this a bit ago, what a shame. Pretty much with baseball, it seems that if someone has a good year, you can pretty much guarantee they are on PED's.

There are probably so many athletes out there that are on PEDs its crazy. I think TC needs to be tested for them before the MC, he didnt look too natural in his MC video

He claims it's bogus. There are reports that after testing positive, he immediately demanded another test, which was negative. That's all I know. Even though I live in close proximity to Milwaukee, I am not a Brewers insider.

Kevin

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

I hope it never comes out that Pujols is taking them, he is about the only slugger left that hasn't been busted for them. Its funny how as soon as someone gets busted they start to suck. Look at Manny and A-Rod, both got busted and have been on the decline ever since

Prince Fielder is still untarnished.

Kevin

And that's why we test.

Even get the ones you don't expect. Very disappointed

I did hear that when he heard it he demanded an immediate retest and he passed the second one. They do have false positives from time to time.

I did hear that when he heard it he demanded an immediate retest and he passed the second one. They do have false positives from time to time.

Of course more time had passed and perhaps he would know things were out of his system by then?
Im not speaking of the fact that he is innocent or guilty, because I dont know and really nobody does I guess, but things do leave systems as time passes just to speak of the slip side of it.

Of course more time had passed and perhaps he would know things were out of his system by then?
Im not speaking of the fact that he is innocent or guilty, because I dont know and really nobody does I guess, but things do leave systems as time passes just to speak of the slip side of it.

Yeah. That's sure possible. I have no idea how long it was between tests. I typically could care less about baseball, but it's kind of disappointing. He's been really active in the Milwaukee community, and signed a long term contract to stay here though 2020 for far less money than he could have gotten on the open market. Actually he did that twice.

Kevin

Excellent point. And I did not hear how much time had passed between the two tests.

Why don't they have an "A" sample and a "B" sample like they do in other sports?

Why don't they have an "A" sample and a "B" sample like they do in other sports?

Another great point. And I don't know if they do or not. Either way it is disheartening.

That is an interesting point, because I was under the assumption that they did in baseball. Usually they test and then some time passes before results are known and players are notified. If that is the case, other things are plausible such as things leaving his system.

While I hate to hear it about anybody, I am glad sports are at least trying to clean it up.

Sucks being a general baseball fan. Really felt like he was one of the good, clean guys. And I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until they officially ban him for 50 games. There are plenty of guys I always assumed were juicing, but he wasn't one of them.

That is an interesting point, because I was under the assumption that they did in baseball. Usually they test and then some time passes before results are known and players are notified. If that is the case, other things are plausible such as things leaving his system.

While I hate to hear it about anybody, I am glad sports are at least trying to clean it up.

Yeah I thought they did this in baseball too, and thought that both samples had to test positive before they'd initiate a suspension or anything. I hate seeing people at that level doing this sort of thing. Really makes things rough for the game when people still try to skirt the rules.

Yeah I thought they did this in baseball too, and thought that both samples had to test positive before they'd initiate a suspension or anything. I hate seeing people at that level doing this sort of thing. Really makes things rough for the game when people still try to skirt the rules.
If they do that, aren't they taken at the same time? No time for anything to leave their system?

Spoiler
According to sources cited in the ESPN.com report, Braun submitted a urine test during the playoffs in October that showed a level of testosterone high enough to trigger a positive test. A second test on the sample revealed that the testosterone was exogenous, or from outside Braun's body, meaning it was generated by synthetic substance.
A source close to Braun told ESPN.com that the outfielder immediately requested a second test after learning of the results. The source said the second test was not positive.

Seems like they did have 2 specimens from the 1st sample that were tested at different dates. Then, RB requested to have another, 2nd sample taken which was not positive.

If they do that, aren't they taken at the same time? No time for anything to leave their system?

What a clown. I wonder who will be next...

I think they ran a confirmatory test on the sample to see what the source of the extra testosterone. It popped positive for a synthetic version.

Spoiler
According to sources cited in the ESPN.com report, Braun submitted a urine test during the playoffs in October that showed a level of testosterone high enough to trigger a positive test. A second test on the sample revealed that the testosterone was exogenous, or from outside Braun's body, meaning it was generated by synthetic substance.
A source close to Braun told ESPN.com that the outfielder immediately requested a second test after learning of the results. The source said the second test was not positive.

Seems like they did have 2 specimens from the 1st sample that were tested at different dates. Then, RB requested to have another, 2nd sample taken which was not positive.

With all the drug usage in baseball and or former players using and/or being accused of using drugs over the past couple of seasons has really turned me away from baseball. Use to follow it faithfully and now besides watching the Red Sox once in awhile, I could care less.

Effing Ryan Braun. What an embarrassmetn. It sounds like the positive test was taken in the playoffs. He says there are extenuating circumstances. I doubt. I may actually get rid of my #8 Brewers jersey.

I don't believe it...

Back