Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

Why wouldn't he do that? It's the mentality that Tiger took in the 1997 Masters and 2000 US Open, just keep trying to extend the lead and play the same way instead of looking backwards at the field. I do think it's going to be harder for someone to make a charge on this golf course, even though it's playing easier today, as compared to making a run at Augusta.

Yup, it's not like the course has been a birdie/eagle machine like Augusta was. Right now he's just untouchable and it's pretty fun to see that he's shredding Congo like this. I do think he will fall back to earth to a degree but not like Augusta Sunday.

Remember when we saw Tiger dominate absolutely? This is the exact same thing. Absolutely amazing golf by Rory. Nigh on flawless.

I really dislike Rory but man is this fun to watch!!!!!!

Hole 18 - par 4 - 523 yards

Rory - driver - left rough into the gallery
Phil - driver - way left (past Rory's)
DJ - driver - right rough sitting up - good line to green

Still waiting for green to clear.

Rory - got lucky as ball is sitting where grass is trampled down - very good lie. 215 to hole - into the water on the right side.

Phil - 191 to front. Phil is trying a brave shot in between 2 trees. Hit it perfect through the trees but ran up to the green and then trickled left into the water.

Someone Bring Roseanne to Congo. Way Rory is playing, it's time for her to sing

If he keeps this up on Saturday he could still blow up on Sunday and win by 3 strokes.

Uh oh. Water for Rors.

bad mistake by Rory, can still make bogey though

Ouch, Phil AND Rory in the water on 18. It is biting a lot of people today.

lol as soon as I post that he dunks one in the agua. Why would he even try that shot? Stupid.

If he keeps this up on Saturday he could still blow up on Sunday and win by 3 strokes.

If he plays like this on Saturday he should read the hybrid challenge thread and see if he can pull it off for Sunday. What's the worst that can happen, he wins by 5 strokes?

Yikes, RORY!!! Oh well, GREAT round nonetheless.

Still waiting for green to clear.

Rory - got lucky as ball is sitting where grass is trampled down - very good lie. 215 to hole - into the water on the right side.

Phil - 191 to front. Phil is trying a brave shot in between 2 trees. Hit it perfect through the trees but ran up to the green and then trickled left into the water.

Rory - chips to 10 feet. Bogey putt upcoming.
Phil - chips to 14 feet or so. Bogey putt upcoming.
DJ - no idea...they stopped showing him! :) - wait here he is - 2 putts for par from 40 feet.
Rory - missed. Double bogey tap in. Finishes at -11.

Phil - missed bogey. Tap in double bogey. Finishes at +1.

I hate that I missed Rory's round to sometime as trivial as college.

Tap before talk.

A double isn't all that bad for Rory either, still gives him a nice lead. Be better to make the bogey putt though

What a terrible chip by Phil.

I wonder if the doubt is already starting to creep in for Rmac? Nothing like ending a great round with a double. Been there Rmacn, been there .

Rors looked Po'ed. Don't blame him.

I wonder if the doubt is already starting to creep in for Rmac? Nothing like ending a great round with a double. Been there Rmacn, been there .

I think he lets things go pretty quickly but to play such a great 2 rounds and then have to sit on a double until tomorrow morning...not good. Especially if someone else can get within 4 this afternoon by chance.

He was the last name I crossed off my list for the contest, oh well maybe Cabrera will win it and I won't feel bad. Although I don't feel confident right now.

I'd like to say that he ended on a double and brought the field back in to play, but he still has an 8 shot lead! I hope this doesn't become a run away weekend

So...who has Rory in this thing? The kid is just an absolute beast out there. Phil looks lost and DJ just looks like he's there for the ride.

He was the last name I crossed off my list for the contest, oh well maybe Cabrera will win it and I won't feel bad. Although I don't feel confident right now.

I'd like to say that he ended on a double and brought the field back in to play, but he still has an 8 shot lead! I hope this doesn't become a run away weekend

Hopefully a couple guys actually move closer on moving day instead of further away. Then maybe we have a good finish.

Back