Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will never happen again, shy of something out of this world occuring. The NCAA knows they killed SMU and have even came out and said it, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 on SMU. I do think they will come down hard on Tosu, as they did with USC and to a lesser extent UNC in coming months. I just don't see a program killing penalty.

Unfortunate for tOSU football, as he was a very good coach. However, if you scroll up to the top of the page you might see this being predicted.

As soon as the words "Institutional failure of oversight" came out this was a HUGE possibility. There are some local talking heads that think tOSU could be facing the death penalty that SMU faced all those years ago.

That will never happen again, shy of something out of this world occuring. The NCAA knows they killed SMU and have even came out and said it, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 on SMU. I do think they will come down hard on Tosu, as they did with USC and to a lesser extent UNC in coming months. I just don't see a program killing penalty.

That was after Ray Smalls comments to the student paper. If they determine the situation was entirely institutional lack of control (and they very well could) then I think that the death penalty is on the table. They may not use it, but that wording brings it into play.

That was after Ray Smalls comments to the student paper. If they determine the situation was entirely institutional lack of control (and they very well could) then I think that the death penalty is on the table. They may not use it, but that wording brings it into play.

With tOSU being one of the bedrocks of Big 10-12 football I doubt the NCAA will institute the death penalty. I don't even think they'll consider it.

With tOSU being one of the bedrocks of Big 10-12 football I doubt the NCAA will institute the death penalty. I don't even think they'll consider it.

Then why sanction them at all... look what is happening to Michigan. It doesn't do squat to be a bedrock if you suck. A mediocre/bad OSU is still awful for the BT conference, just like a mediocre/bad UM. Thank goodness for nebraska.

you can forget about recruiting for a while

Doubt it. tOSU has a big enough name alone to still draw talent

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

You dont think the ncaa is going to come down on them , cut recruiting ?

If they don't then the NCAA is an even bigger joke than they already are. They'll cut recruiting like they did at USC but tOSU will still get talent, just not as much

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Then why sanction them at all... look what is happening to Michigan. It doesn't do squat to be a bedrock if you suck. A mediocre/bad OSU is still awful for the BT conference, just like a mediocre/bad UM. Thank goodness for nebraska.

Something has to be done in order to appease the governing party, so there's probably gonna be some sanctions. How stiff they'll be who knows, but definitely not death penalty. It'll take them out of the picture for a couple of years and maybe it'll give Blue the boost they'll need to get back into the spotlight. Nebraska isn't gonna save the 10-12. It's always been Michigan/Ohio State in that conference and they realize that if they're both bad then it's bad business and they'll never let that happen (they = boosters, big 10 big wigs, the networks, etc).

I expect some sort of USC type sanction. One huge pimp slap then a couple of hand slaps then back to business.

I think I am taking this season off of being a tOSU fan. I really dislike TP and his tattoo crew, and I am disappointed in tressel and the administration.

Therefore:
Spoiler
On, Wisconsin!

Being a big NC Tarheel fan,I wonder if Butch Davis will "resign" next?

Rrooooollllllll tiiiiide roll!

The Sanctions against tOSU won't be too bad, they are too much revenue. Sad but true.

Heard a guy on ESPN radio yesterday say he has picked my LSU Tigers to be in the NCAA championship game this season.

I hope he's right but I'm willing to bet he's wrong....

Huskers are going to have a big year

Could be...no one in the division looks that formidable at this point. But its still a brutal schedule to welcome them to the B1G, though.

GO BUCKEYES!!!....basketball that is

Heard a guy on ESPN radio yesterday say he has picked my LSU Tigers to be in the NCAA championship game this season.

They are playing Alabama this year, right??? lol

No offense, but LSU has no offense.

Oh yeah, here's to hoping they'll be in the first Big "10" championship game!!!
Huskers are going to have a big year

Bama lost half their team. Won't be a big contender this year.

If and it's a big if, the qb situation goes smoothly then bama could be a big threat this year. Defense will be there.

Plenty of RB and WR talent. No one to get the ball to them though...

I'm beginning to wonder if LSU will ever get another quality qb in there.

If and it's a big if, the qb situation goes smoothly then bama could be a big threat this year. Defense will be there.

I'm beginning to wonder if LSU will ever get another quality qb in there.

LSU D will be just as good as ever even with Peterson gone.

Quality QB? What is that? It's been so long I've forgotten what one is like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back