PinHunter

Reaction score
Handicap
right now I have the R9 460 with a stiff Fujikura Montore F1 75g shaft in it..

The R11 has got my intrest.

Just wondering if I am gaining anything from moving to the R11 from the R9? Which is more forgiving?

Will my shaft from the R9 fit the R11?

The R9 460 and its not really close.
Yes your shaft will fit in there, although it will not have the same markings.
The 460 and R11 have different spin numbers

proper fitting on a monitor should answer your questions

The 460 should be more forgiving.

460 is more forgiving. I would look into other drivers such a's the VR pro a's well. The supertri is a beast. I am sure there are a lot of folks who will say keep ur 460 shaft if u switch the to 11. I like the r11 but on off cntr hits it is not the most forgiving. For the price there are many more opts.

VR pro
910 d2
Sf 2.0
Zstar

I love my R9 460 with the stock Fujikara R flex shaft...I have hit the R11, but love the R9 much better and just completed getting the fairways to go with it, glad to have them in my bag.

I've gamed the R9 460, the supertri and currently am playing the R9. I've hit the R11 a bunch and it is nothing like the R9 460, in fact I don't think its even all that similar to the R9. If you like your 460, there are many other options other than the R11, and if you want to stay with TM, the superfast 2.0 would be more similar to your R9 460 than the R11.

Put me in the book as someone who can't seem to draw similarities between the R9/R9 460 and the R11.

I game the R9 and have tried the R11 on multiple occasions and flat out can't translate my game. And no, the last thing I would define it as, would be forgiving haha!

Put me in the book as someone who can't seem to draw similarities between the R9/R9 460 and the R11.

I game the R9 and have tried the R11 on multiple occasions and flat out can't translate my game. And no, the last thing I would define it as, would be forgiving haha!
Me too. I game the R9 460 and i hated the r11. I will be really excited if they come out with an r11 460 and something to replace the supertri. The r11 is just not forgiving at all.

hmmm maybe I will have to re-consider then and keep the R9..what it boils down to is that I am a gear head..like shiny new things!!

I will have to hit the SF2.0 again, took a couple swings with it and it didnt feel to solid to me. I like the adjustments on the R9, R11 line..

I also would suggest that if you like your R9, and you hit it well, give the 2.0 Superfast a shot..

If you're anything like me, you'll be surprised by the numbers.

If you hit the R9 well, stick with it!!!!

I just made the mistake of selling my R7 CGB MAX immediately after buying my R11. I am also like a crow when it comes to golf equipment. If I see it and it is shiny (or white) I gotta have it. I find that the R11 is SO unforgiving. I was told by Golf Town that it was uber forgiving and this convinced me to get it over the D3. I find it to be actually punishing at times. The adjustability is a great thing, I will say that. It really works and you can see the difference in ball flight, but it has changed my swing. Instead of working on my swing, I have just tinkered with the driver. Bad shot . . . change a setting. Pull left, open face and/or decrease loft. Slice, increase loft or close face.

I have recently listed it for sale and will be looking at other drivers. The D3 and Superfast 2.0 are the ones I want to try the most. Might look at a Nike, but the hosel looks HUGE on them at address!!!

well I will have alot of time to think about which one I want...Fractured my foot in an altercation at work today...light duties until august 1. Aircast and all..

Had 2 weeks holidays starting on thursday...no golf for me..

well I will have alot of time to think about which one I want...Fractured my foot in an altercation at work today...light duties until august 1. Aircast and all..

Had 2 weeks holidays starting on thursday...no golf for me..

Yikes.

It just depends on what you feel best with. Contrary to what everyone seems to say, I absolutely love the R11 and hit it better than any driver I've ever hit. I find it very forgiving and long.

Perhaps i should make a new thread but i'll try in here first.

So i have the TM Tour Burner (2008), reg stock shaft, once inch shorter than standard. I think its great and i hit more fairways than i miss. Im not the longest hitter but then again im not short either. With the guys i play with all around a 10 handicap im average in distance off the tee.

I tried the superfast 2.0 the other day (reg, 10.5) at the range and first feeling was it was about 10ft long. Yes it went further than my current but i wasnt amazed by it in length or feel or anything really. I didnt try any other makes.

Should i really be looking to change out my now quite old driver??

Please someone tell me to stop wanting something new and shiny!!!

Back