Shaft Problem or Loft?

mrvandelay

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a TM Burner SuperFast 2.0 Non-TP in 10.5* with a Stiff shaft. My primary shot is a fade and my miss is usually a high slice but I've been known to snap hook when I'm playing with my swing.

I've been working on lagging the club at the top of my backswing to generate club head speed. It's working very, very well. In fact I think it's working too well as my drives are now going really, really high.

They aren't so much ballooning, as my launch angle seems too high and stays high. I'm watching the ball fall slowly down. The trajectory is basically too high now.

Obviously the answer here is to go get re-fitted, but I'm curious what may be the main issue. The shaft or the loft on the head? If the shaft, which shafts should I consider?

My swing speed is ~100 or 105mph.

Could be any number of things.
Shaft, loft, angle of attack, ball, tee height, etc...

Have you been able to jump on a monitor and see what your numbers look like? More specifically, spin and launch?

Unfortunately, I haven't been on a monitor since working on lagging the club more. I'm hoping to get on one this weekend or Mon/Tues.

I have a steep swing for sure. These were mostly range balls so I could understand ballooning and such, but this didn't look spin related (maybe I'm wrong). I tried moving the ball further back in my stance and that seemed to help, but the angle was still high. Teeing it down a bit helped a tad as well.

I'm now thinking it's just an angle of attack problem. I suppose a video/monitor session can tell me that.

My swing speed is about 105mph per the monitor today.

I hit 5-7 different drivers and walked out with a Cleveland TL310 demo club. I hit the R11 with the 'ahina 70 (S-flex) really well, but the TL310 had more consistently low spin rates for me.

The 910D3 with the 'ahina 72 (s) resulted in a 324y bomb but the spin wasn't consistently low enough.

I hit my driver about 265y on the monitor with a good hit and the TL310 was in the 270-290 range pretty consistently. But we'll see how it equates on the range/course.

Back